Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post by jayn23 »

You can look at the first post of this thread, it contains all the script options available.
MERGE_SCENE = 1 is an option in script you need to change just like you did animation using notepad++
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

OK, thanks
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Version 1.2.6 Release

New Option added:
MULTIFILE
set to 0 - Deactivated
set to 1 - Merges all meshes and skeletons of all .gr2 files in selected folder.
set to 2 - Merges all meshes of all .gr2 files in selected folder.
set to 3 - Merges all skeletons of all .gr2 files in selected folder.

This Feature hasn't been tested much, really i only tested on 3 models using all different options so hopefully it works without any issues :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

jayn23 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:41 am Version 1.2.6 Release

New Option added:
MULTIFILE
set to 0 - Deactivated
set to 1 - Merges all meshes and skeletons of all .gr2 files in selected folder.
set to 2 - Merges all meshes of all .gr2 files in selected folder.
set to 3 - Merges all skeletons of all .gr2 files in selected folder.

This Feature hasn't been tested much, really i only tested on 3 models using all different options so hopefully it works without any issues :D
Mogrem
ultra-n00b

Post by Mogrem »

Thanks for the tool!

Does anyone know what to do with all the tiny .bin files that get extracted alongside models for Baldur's Gate 3? I can't seem to figure them out.
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

What version of 3D Max do you use?
I get crashes with 3D Max 2010 trying to import the FBX and DAE files?
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Drawing wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:51 pm
Drawing wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:14 am
I dunno if it could help but I found that noesis export fbx version 7.7.0 , actually only recent version of 3dstudio max support it, most of older one support 7.4.0.
3dsm is my goto software too and I was experiencing "empty" .fbx exported from noesis, that was because I was using and old version of 3dsm that didn't recognize that version , with 2017 I can import correctly fbx exported by noesis.

Just to explain better:

When I used to export from noesis in .DAE i was experiencing the same backflip problem jayn23 stated.
I used the FBX export option but the file generated were not recognized by 3dsm. Later I found that the files were not load in 3dsm simply because was a 7.7.0 and my old 3dsm didn't recognize it. With 3dsm 2017 the 7.7.0 FBX were opened and no backflip during animation :)
This works for every model you want to export and not just for those related with this plugin.

sorry for repetition but I saw my message wasn't clear.
looks like darwing got things working with max 2017

i myself use max 2018
Drawing
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Drawing »

05SpeedMaster wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:48 pm What version of 3D Max do you use?
I get crashes with 3D Max 2010 trying to import the FBX and DAE files?
That happen because noesis export standardly fbx 7.7 version that is not supported by old 3d studio max. the solution could be update your 3d studio max OR in advance option in Noesis select a previous fbx version. Mono explained in a post how to do it in this post

viewtopic.php?p=168554#p168554
05SpeedMaster
veteran

Post by 05SpeedMaster »

What I did was just remove the FBX and replace it with the 2014 in optional folder then renamed it.
It does open now but still need to do more tests.
Exit93
ultra-n00b

Post by Exit93 »

Great plugin, It's saving me a lot of time

However, I'm having problems with a few models from Metin2
Here are a couple of examples: https://mega.nz/file/ypx0VDLD#RQk02TXJT ... WMYktonpcc

Lemures_boss has a weird problem with the animation where the whole right arm is ignored (it should keep its weapon on its shoulder)

Assassin gets weirder, while the animation is buggy too, a few bones get flipped (see attached screenshot). This happens with many models, mainly player character models.
This happens only when exporting in FBX, it works fine with DAE. However, converting from DAE to FBX makes the problem reappear.
This may sound like a non-issue but very few animations work in collada.

Any Idea on how to fix these?
Now I read the topic and I know you don't really know how to fix the animations, but maybe you have some ideas on the flipped bones problem?
I'm a developer myself so if you could suggest even only where to look it would be of great help

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Exit93 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:01 pm Great plugin, It's saving me a lot of time

However, I'm having problems with a few models from Metin2
Here are a couple of examples: https://mega.nz/file/ypx0VDLD#RQk02TXJT ... WMYktonpcc

Lemures_boss has a weird problem with the animation where the whole right arm is ignored (it should keep its weapon on its shoulder)

Assassin gets weirder, while the animation is buggy too, a few bones get flipped (see attached screenshot). This happens with many models, mainly player character models.
This happens only when exporting in FBX, it works fine with DAE. However, converting from DAE to FBX makes the problem reappear.
This may sound like a non-issue but very few animations work in collada.

Any Idea on how to fix these?
Now I read the topic and I know you don't really know how to fix the animations, but maybe you have some ideas on the flipped bones problem?
I'm a developer myself so if you could suggest even only where to look it would be of great help

Thanks in advance
Hi Exit93, glad your finding my script useful,

I think i have an answer as to why this happens but no answer how to fix it,
take a look at the link it will at least get you started at what i think is the problem.
in order to fix it i think you best bet is contacting noesis creator on xentax discord , he answers questions and provides help when asked, and he is by far more knowledgeable than me.

https://blender.stackexchange.com/quest ... to-another

edit:
Just to clarify FBX uses Euler as far as i know
Pepsee
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepsee »

Hey, I'm really loving this but really looking forward to some love for Mechassault 2 and some support be added for the animation .GR2 files. So far I can only open up and preview the base skeleton, but animations are another story.. I attached some skeletons and animations for a more in-depth analysis.
Thanks yet again for this great plugin!

Here are the animation samples:
https://mega.nz/file/9Z5WhC7I#0lFeK8kae ... u_3MpSWzsE
Ivan04
ultra-n00b

Post by Ivan04 »

Hearing about getting some use for .gr2 files is amazing, thank you so much for this, it creates hopes which I never thought I would have. Agreeing with Pepsee, Mechassault 2 would do a really great addition for supported files aswell, being it one of those I never thought I would consider, but now things are turning in a bright direction and it make an amazing addition to the list.
Pepsee
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepsee »

Has any progress been made? I'm really excited at least the skeletons are viewable/exportable. :D
MadCat NovaCat
ultra-n00b

Post by MadCat NovaCat »

Hello there, I've been looking around the internet for .GR2 format help and I saw this thread a while back and thought nobody would bring up Mechassault so I just never bothered.. Now that I know people are actively interested in this game I had to make an account to ask for support for this format, that game was my childhood.