Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Granny .GR2 Reader plugin for Noesis

Post by jayn23 »

Here you go Amy file working :D
Ill do some more tests make sure i didn't break anything and upload updated version tomorrow or on Monday
Edit:
Tested Animation and works as well.

I cant seem to load the smurfs sample, since is PS3 i wonder maybe due to endianness?
Can you please take a look if you have some time.
Hello! I am really loving this plugin so far. Was curious if support for Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf for the Original Xbox will be added? I attached some sample files and even a script that was used on files from Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath.
The reason I attached the script is because unlike most of the .GR2 files here that also include a mesh, these .GR2 files contain solely animation/skeleton data. In the case of Stranger's Wrath the meshes were found in .geo.meshinfo files and for Mechassault 2, the meshes are in .MGModel files (just mesh data).
mono24, Pepsee,
Your samples are working as well but one picture is enough :)
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

I absolutely wanted to thank you for the great job you did and the time you were able to put into it Thank you very much and thank you to others on hand for AMY I really can't wait to test it It's a shame the textures are not taken into account with Noesis Do you know which tool I can use for textures :)
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

I absolutely wanted to thank you for the great job you did and the time you were able to put into it Thank you very much and thank you to others on hand for AMY I really can't wait to test it It's a shame the textures are not taken into account with Noesis Do you know which tool I can use for textures :)
Happy to help

Here's the updated script with console version support, if something dosent work please let me know
Last edited by jayn23 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

jayn23 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:11 pm
Happy to help

Here's the updated script with console version support, if something dosent work please let me know
hi thanks i can't open the model and animation it opens a page when i click on AMY.gr2
even for the animations if I close the page it does that

possible to tell me how to do also with the texture
the script works with all Models and animations or not

jayn23 you can also make the textures posible with Noesis please I don't know how I will do for the textures :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

This error means the script cant find granny2.dll
Make sure you place the file in same folder as noesis.exe
I only tested 2-3 animations but it should work for all models and animation

Regarding textures, i dont have plans so support textures for any game except baldur's gate 3 - dont know when ill add it but i have no plans for other games sorry.
maybe you can try the Graphic file formats section and post samples i am sure someone can help
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

you can give me the file granny2.dll please I will see for the texture
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

There is a link on page 5 i think by erik945
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

Thank you :)
Last edited by Predator0000 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

Hi possible to share it please I always have the same message when I click on the Model Amy.gr2 in Noesis I have the granny2.dll
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Predator0000 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Script has multiple option at lines 25 - 28.
You need to open script with notepad++ or some other editor and change values.
Change animation mode to 0 and it will work,
While animation is set to 1 when you click amy.gr2 you ill be asked for a second animation file to load if you select a file with no animation I guessing that's what giving you the issues.
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

Thank you for your help :)
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

Hi jayn23 can you tell me what is this error and how to fix it
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

No worries, thanks for the explanation!

In that case, a different question - is it possible to load several GR2 meshes in one scene in Noesis using your script?
I have started working on this feature and was hoping someone can provide some samples of multiple gr2 meshes the comprise a single model and possibly a skeleton.

i have a basic setup working but need some samples to fine tune it.

Thanks

Hi jayn23 can you tell me what is this error and how to fix it
it means the file you are trying to load has to many meshes for noesis to handle - this a noesis issue.
set MERGE_SCENE = 1 in option it fix it for you
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

it means the file you are trying to load has to many meshes for noesis to handle - this a noesis issue.
thank you I define it or in the options of Noesis
Predator0000

Post by Predator0000 »

Hi jean 23 possible to tell me or in the options of Noesis for this order MERGE_SCENE = 1