Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frogger's Adventures Model (RENDERWARE)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Kneesnap
beginner

Frogger's Adventures Model (RENDERWARE)

Post by Kneesnap »

Hello again!

I was working on file formats for Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue, when I cracked the compression algorithm.
Unsurprisingly, the files I have decompressed are Renderware Stream files.
However, I'm completely unable to find any Renderware tool which is able to actually view these models.
RWAnalyze does load it, so it is a valid Renderware file.

I'm wondering if anyone has any tools which can view the model I've attached. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Frogger's Adventures Model (RENDERWARE)

Post by shakotay2 »

I thought you were the one who's coding Frogger-tools? :D
18-UNPACKED-dff.png
(first submesh only)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
Kneesnap
beginner

Post by Kneesnap »

Thanks! I wasn't entirely looking for hex2obj, but that information is still useful.
shakotay2 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:45 am I thought you were the one who's coding Frogger-tools? :D
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Yup, that's me, I make the Frogger modding tools :P
I'm checking out a new Frogger game (there are a lot, this is the third one I'm taking a look at), and it uses Renderware. Since that was such a popular engine, used in games like GTA, I was hoping I could find a tool out there which was already made to at least start previewing the files with.

If there isn't, it isn't the end of the world, there's loads of documentation on this file format by the looks of it, and I'll likely end up making a parser for this format anyways.
reh
veteran

Post by reh »

It is possible to extract this dff with this script.
If you rename the larger .unk file to .dff, you can open it with the 3D Object Converter, but you will need to make some edits to the model.
Image.png
Last edited by reh on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
reh
veteran

Post by reh »

The second largest file is the texture, the texture I got with TextureFinder, I don't know if it's the best way to get it.
Textura.png
Kneesnap
beginner

Post by Kneesnap »

Perfect, this was exactly what I was hoping for. I'm still a little confused how to select a texture for a material in this program, but other that that this is great.