Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Motorstorm Pacific Rift .rpk files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Motorstorm Pacific Rift .rpk files

Post by Henchman800 »

Keep me updated here man :)
RossRapper
beginner

Post by RossRapper »

Henchman800 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:49 pm Keep me updated here man :)
I sure will, once I'll have any kind of progress. So far I'm too busy with my YouTube requests and real life job.
This thing was a request as well, actually, so I'm not giving up on it easily. I'll definitely get on it full-time in a week or so.
Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Henchman800 »

RossRapper wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:28 pm I'll definitely get on it full-time in a week or so.
Did you already make some progress? :-)
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Is this some known structure (from track_garage.rpk) or is it just random points?
(With auto generated face indices it looks too regular to be random, doesn't it?)
track_garage-rpk.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
RossRapper
beginner

Post by RossRapper »

Henchman800 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:49 pm Did you already make some progress? :-)
No. Unfortunately, I've got overwhelmed with a real life. Mainly, the job. Got tight on money and stuff, so this little project went a bit sideways.
shakotay2 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:55 pm Is this some known structure (from track_garage.rpk) or is it just random points?
(With auto generated face indices it looks too regular to be random, doesn't it?)
It... definitely looks familiar, but at the same time I can't recognize anything in particular. Looks like... at least a part of the room where the player should choose a driver, but badly generated or something.
Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Henchman800 »

shakotay2 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:55 pm Is this some known structure (from track_garage.rpk) or is it just random points?
track_garage-rpk.png
It is the Garage from the vehicle select screen :up:
RossRapper wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:51 pm No. Unfortunately, I've got overwhelmed with a real life. Mainly, the job. Got tight on money and stuff, so this little project went a bit sideways.
Hope your on the way up again man :up:
PenguinJ44
ultra-n00b

Post by PenguinJ44 »

This is a thread I have been waiting on for a long time. Keep up the good work.
RossRapper
beginner

Post by RossRapper »

PenguinJ44 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:24 am This is a thread I have been waiting on for a long time. Keep up the good work.
Well, as I'm planning to get back to it in a week or two, I gotta say I'm not sure if i'll be able to unpack it, and it looks like the more skilled are unable as well or maybe just not interested in it - so, my current idea to get what I got involves installing a PS3 emulator and then making a cheesy camhack to get a good look at the texture I need in the game itself. Not sure if it will work, but usually it does.