Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Total War: Warhammer, Noesis script

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Noesis script help

Post by shakotay2 »

jayn23 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 pmas you can see in the picture my mesh and skeleton are loading misaligned, the skeleton is rotated 180 deg from the mesh,
i tried playing with the quats, randomly adding a (-) sign and got it rotated correctly but then the translation on X axis is slightly off.
Why not leave the skeleton as is and rotate or mirror the mesh instead? (Not sure whether this will make a difference but you never know... (: )
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Total War: Warhammer, Noesis script help

Post by jayn23 »

That was my first thought as well (before i know the x axis is also misaligned)
but to be honest i dont really know how to do that , if i could i would just add a (-) to all x coordinate of each vert.
but since is all loaded with " rapi.rpgBindPositionBufferOfs" i dont know how manipulate the data

how would i mirror the mesh? that might work
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

yeah, forgot that it's Noesis. :D
Treating mesh and skeleton separated? (just for a test, of course, whether it cures the misalignment.)
Exported as smd, cut of the mesh.
Exported as obj, x-mirrored in blender for example. Exported as smd and adding the mesh(es) to the skeleton data.
(yeah, horrible workaround, but that's me. [roll] )

btw:
jayn23 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 pmrandomly adding a (-) sign
which one was it?
(Rot = NoeQuat((-b11,-b12,b13,b14)))
well, forget what I said... :D
blender G Z 1.png
Imported skel and mesh to blender, rotated skel x -90°(iirc)
transformed mesh z 1
nearly fits
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Rot = NoeQuat((-b11,-b12,b13,b14))
actually this is what gave me the rotated skeleton adding (-) to b11 and b12, and yes i checked nearly every combination possible until i found this just hopeful thinking :D

i exported the mesh + skeleton as FBX , imported to 3dsmax deleted the skin and mirrored the mesh, sadly i still have the same misalignment, since it seems to be the same size misalignment for all meshes, if i could manipulate the data i could probably just estimate the correct position and change all vertex coordinate accordingly (for example x - 0.13).

but that's to much of a hassle so i think ill just live with it as is :)
thanks for all the help

ok seems that i was mistaken to my eye they looked the same but now when i checked the misalignment is not exactly the same for all meshes (close but not the same) so scratch this idea...

i updated my first post with the finished script - added support for loading all textures as long as they are in the same directory
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Hi jayn23,
how is it going? Had a look at your script and guess you'll try out anims sooner or later.
Don't have the time for some research but here's how you can easily test your weightings in Noesis (in case you didn't know):

Code: Select all

if typecheck == 0:
            mdl.setBones(bones)
        #this is an example of how to use procedural animations to test your weighting
        panims = [NoeProceduralAnim("wing_right_0", -30.0, 1, 0.1), NoeProceduralAnim("wing_left_0", 30.0, 1, 0.1)]
        anims = rapi.createProceduralAnim(bones, panims, 100)
        mdl.setAnims(anims)
        mdlList.append(mdl)
DragonFly.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Hi shakotay2,

Thanks alot this is pretty cool :D
yeah i want to start with animation but there are far less examples on the forum with working animation script - still looking for an easy to understand one

last few days i got distracted trying to analyze a very old game i was interested in the past Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone just finished my noesis script for it an hour ago just mesh,uv and normals cant figure out anything else at the moment...

if you happen to think of working script with animation with a easy to understand format or can refer me to a tutorial somewhere that would be awesome.

Edit:
found this topic
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11776&hilit=animation - i am going to try and recreate it in noesis as soon as i have some spare time

Thanks again for this,
srbvn
n00b

Post by srbvn »

Hi shakotay2 and jayn23,
Two of you save me a lot of time since what I am facing is definitely resolved in this post (although my models are from another game). I think I will come back to research model after 1 hopeless week.
Thanks and nice weekend.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Hi shakotay2 and jayn23,
Two of you save me a lot of time since what I am facing is definitely resolved in this post (although my models are from another game). I think I will come back to research model after 1 hopeless week.
Thanks and nice weekend.
I am happy you found this thread helpful :)
Morgengrat
ultra-n00b

Post by Morgengrat »

Thank you for your hard work for making those scripts!
As someone who never worked with models or 3D im a bit confused about how to make those work.
Basically, I have 3DMax 2013 and trying to import Buildings from WH2 to it. The thing is, I don't even know where to place the script, and what exact files should be imported from WH2 folder to 3Dmax. Could anyone link a guide or give a small tutorial for those like me, please?
Zeratul
ultra-n00b

Post by Zeratul »

jayn23 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:37 pm Hi shakotay2,

Thanks alot this is pretty cool :D
yeah i want to start with animation but there are far less examples on the forum with working animation script - still looking for an easy to understand one

last few days i got distracted trying to analyze a very old game i was interested in the past Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone just finished my noesis script for it an hour ago just mesh,uv and normals cant figure out anything else at the moment...

if you happen to think of working script with animation with a easy to understand format or can refer me to a tutorial somewhere that would be awesome.

Edit:
found this topic
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11776&hilit=animation - i am going to try and recreate it in noesis as soon as i have some spare time

Thanks again for this,
Did you get a chance to look at the animations? I have to confess my skills are very poor in coding and reading codes, all I have to base my knowledge on are a few macros and VB scripts that I used in excel and some knowledge in SQL...

I honestly haven't gotten to the level of trying to decode the hexfiles for the animations, or read the data from them and trying to identify the patterns...but I was lucky enough to stumble upon a source that contains some of the animation files converted to DAE format, which I could then read a bit and try to understand the structure from...

I went on a bit trying to compare the info I found in those files and the skeleton files, trying to get the info for the frames from them, in order to try and find a way to scripting this data into keyframes through a noesis script or max script....but then I gave up after a while cause I got consumed in work :D

I have some free time up again, and I'm getting back into looking at it, but if you have any information that might help please let me know
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

To be honest i didnt try to figure out the animations for this game, but since working on this script i have gotten a bit more experience with animation from games i tried working on.
I was lucky enough to stumble upon a source that contains some of the animation files converted to DAE format, which I could then read a bit and try to understand the structure from.
if your interested in help post the source and DAE files here and i can try to help :D
it would be awesome if i could make this script complete with animation support
killercracker
advanced

Post by killercracker »

If you guys need an example for the animation formats I have a maxscript you can look at for your noesis script. Out of curiosity I'd also like to see the source of the dae files.
Total Warhammer Scripts.zip
Zeratul
ultra-n00b

Post by Zeratul »

Sure, I found them as I was looking for an answer into the animations, and found this link in the forums which lead me to it, it contains tons of models and converted assets:

Hey man, here's the source I found:
https://mega.nz/#F!LLoByYIY!LEZ9B43WuQZRHsE7aQO5uQ

found it while looking in this post:
viewtopic.php?t=18795&start=15

All credit goes to:
09williamsad
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=55016
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

killercracker wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:56 am If you guys need an example for the animation formats I have a maxscript you can look at for your noesis script. Out of curiosity I'd also like to see the source of the dae files.Total Warhammer Scripts.zip

killercracker, Thanks for the script, i am sure it will be a great help
your script for Perfect world animation(stck) and help from shakotay were my first introduction to animation in general so thanks for that as well :)
Sure, I found them as I was looking for an answer into the animations, and found this link in the forums which lead me to it, it contains tons of models and converted assets:

Hey man, here's the source I found:
https://mega.nz/#F!LLoByYIY!LEZ9B43WuQZRHsE7aQO5uQ

found it while looking in this post:
viewtopic.php?t=18795&start=15
thanks for the links ill take a look at them when i get home from work.
jayn23
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jayn23 »

Just a small update:

Thanks to the maxscript it has been very easy to understand the format, and write a script.
unfortunately i am having problems with the noesis script not showing the animation correctly - not sure what i am doing wrong but if i cant figure it out in the next few days ill post what i have and hope for some help