Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 »

Takato Matsukj wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:42 pm Is their any chance that mesh normals and props positions can be fixed? I noticed most of my extractions of the maps, the mesh normals on some meshes will be inverted(and yes I flipped them but there'll be weird black spots or shadows? Recalculated or removing doubles ruins the mesh iirc) and props will be positioned incorrectly.
i dont know about any issues. From maps that i checked, mesh normals and props positions are ok
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

Then I guess its me then? lol

I'm importing the UMAP converted ascii files with XPS 1.8.4 - Blender 2.79

IIRC when I looked at twilight town. The props going up to the train station looked positioned weirdly and three pieces of the tram's tracks and the station and mansion had mesh normals inverted. Uhh some materials weren't named I think and some materials when applying the texture it's named isn't actually its texture.
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

But honestly, it's alright. I managed to workaround the issues I encountered.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I can't check every map. Also I dont have the game and have no idea whats twilight town and how it must look.
If something need to be fixed, i need exact file names and submesh numbers or screenshots of what is wrong.

p.s. normals will be fixed next version, i just forgot to apply them properly
AESRYL
beginner

Post by AESRYL »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:13 pm I can't check every map. Also I dont have the game and have no idea whats twilight town and how it must look.
If something need to be fixed, i need exact file names and submesh numbers or screenshots of what is wrong.

p.s. normals will be fixed next version, i just forgot to apply them properly
What about character textures? pretty much all the models I rip have had inverted face textures (like transparent textures or just broken textures in blender) or textures that just dont appear?

or is that an issue with something else? and also, any like ingame particle effects or sound files, like dialogue or battle sounds we can get ahold of? or are those entirely different files

[EDIT - I also noticed that some texture filenames (Destiny Islands for Example, Pla_LeafA 01_D) do not match the Material Names or just dont even exsist & its named something like "Pla_GrassA_D". I dont know exactly what it was but its definitely an issue.]
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

Well the thing is...

Some textures aren't in the game files(The current dump that is available atm). Keep in mind Destiny islands and the Mysterious tower are cutscene maps and possibly cut content used for cutscene only.

So it's understandable that not everything is included. If you pulled out Yen Sid's tower. Majority of the textures for the tower itself and terrain are not included.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Takato Matsukj wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm Some textures aren't in the game files
The current dump is a full game dump. If some textures are missing, it means they are not present in game.
Takato Matsukj
advanced

Post by Takato Matsukj »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:01 pm
Takato Matsukj wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm Some textures aren't in the game files
The current dump is a full game dump. If some textures are missing, it means they are not present in game.
yeah i figured as much
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

AESRYL wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:23 pm What about character textures?
and also, any like ingame particle effects or sound files
as far as i know, all other files can be converted with standard tools
umodel can get textures, and detailed info about which textures used in each material etc
i haven't heard about any problems with them

sounds are also standard
AESRYL
beginner

Post by AESRYL »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:08 am
AESRYL wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:23 pm What about character textures?
and also, any like ingame particle effects or sound files
as far as i know, all other files can be converted with standard tools
umodel can get textures, and detailed info about which textures used in each material etc
i haven't heard about any problems with them

sounds are also standard
What tool would i use to find the sound files?
Smolgreen
n00b

Post by Smolgreen »

Does anyone know where one can get access to original game files for characters?
some people who port models are negligent and omit important textures like specular maps, so if anyone could point me to where i could get actual files to do it myself, it would be appreciated.
AESRYL
beginner

Post by AESRYL »

Smolgreen wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:28 pm Does anyone know where one can get access to original game files for characters?
some people who port models are negligent and omit important textures like specular maps, so if anyone could point me to where i could get actual files to do it myself, it would be appreciated.
Alot of textures missing from the files, idk where to get them others might, but im always coming across stuff thats missing this and missing that.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

AESRYL wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:02 am What tool would i use to find the sound files?
you dont need a tool to find them. they are in "sound" folder
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

1st post updated. Fixed normals in maps.
AESRYL
beginner

Post by AESRYL »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 pm
AESRYL wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:02 am What tool would i use to find the sound files?
you dont need a tool to find them. they are in "sound" folder
ah sorry I dont understand, you said just now they are in a folder called sound. I dont seem to have that, either im missing files or im not looking in the right places. could please elaborate on where to find them

(Im very sorry. Im not trying to be a nuisance)