Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Keitha
ultra-n00b

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Keitha »

Well, I thought so that the files wouldn't be uploaded public, but why not private share? I wouldn't give them away of course. I just want to rip some models for rendering ^^
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

Yeah I wouldn't dare distribute them further, I wanna study how SE set up some shaders and use the keyblade models as prop reference, some of those are really fun to try and build as a physical thing.
rmunoz1994
ultra-n00b

Post by rmunoz1994 »

I'm also someone here looking for the KH3 files lol. I want to analyze how the models are made to improve my own modeling/texturing.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

flarespire wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 am I wanna study how SE set up some shaders.
Looking at the files won't help you very much with understanding how they setup their shaders honestly.
You'll just learn that they use a few different textures (of which are unlikely to be well labeled so it might be difficult to be 100% sure what the various maps are anyway).

You wouldn't be able to view shader code, or see how the material was actually organised in the original game engine before compile.
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

I have more than enough experience in UE4 to basically RE the shader once I see how the base materials are set up and what plugs into where, I know my way around various types of texture maps too so guessing how certain ones are used wont be that hard once im able to see them, I just actually need the files to do so in the first place.
DioBrando
ultra-n00b

Post by DioBrando »

lionheartuk wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:14 am
flarespire wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 am I wanna study how SE set up some shaders.
Looking at the files won't help you very much with understanding how they setup their shaders honestly.
You'll just learn that they use a few different textures (of which are unlikely to be well labeled so it might be difficult to be 100% sure what the various maps are anyway).

You wouldn't be able to view shader code, or see how the material was actually organised in the original game engine before compile.
There is way more information than you think. The stuff Umodel spits out is not everything in the cooked files.
If someone gave me the game map files I could write a program that would import maps and generate fully applied materials in UE4.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

DioBrando wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:50 am If someone gave me the game map files I could write a program that would import maps and generate fully applied materials in UE4.
If someone gave you the files, sure you could write a program that'd import the maps and apply all the textures.
But you couldn't make something that'd do it 1:1.

The information spat out by umodel isn't doing much to explain the various constant values, or which material functions are being called inside a material.

Sure you'll know what textures it uses, and whether its opaque or transparent, you won't ever know if they're using index pixel normal for refflections or whether or not they're using Volume based translucency for the depth.

You'll be able to get something similar but theres an almost 0% chance you'll be able to get a 1:1 with the original game.
Its true there is more information in the cooked files, but it still won't tell you everything, you'll basically never end up with the exact same node setup as the original material had.

And thats without counting things like Enlighten.
I have more than enough experience in UE4 to basically RE the shader once I see how the base materials are set up and what plugs into where, I know my way around various types of texture maps too so guessing how certain ones are used wont be that hard once I'm able to see them, I just actually need the files to do so in the first place.
I'm a Technical Artist working primarily with unreal and even for me there isn't enough to go on in extracted files from unreal games.

The base material isn't accessible, its just a bunch of compiled code
You wouldn't get to see what plugs into where, the packed files aren't remotely like they are in normal unreal.
For a game like this they used a bunch of custom nodes too, with their own HSL, you wouldn't be able to view any of that code, or be entirely sure of its result, you wouldn't really even know there was a custom node, but slides from production show that there were.
Last edited by lionheartuk on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

Aye I get what you are saying, and under normal circumstances I would agree 100%, however, I do have a history of seeing links and patterns where others might not, in matters like this I'm pretty good and consistent in getting things 99% accurate, especially when I feel passionate about something, like I am about some of these models (especially Ultima Weapon, that glittery effect is too good and I want it xD). I just really enjoy looking at these things and doing this kind of thing.
AESRYL
beginner

Post by AESRYL »

So like theres a bunch of Models from ReMind that have been uploaded to Deviant Art, yet nobody has mentioned anything about getting the files.

Such a shame TBH
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

Yeah I can see how that can be frustrating, googling around hasn't really helped either, I know things cant be directly posted on here because the ban hammer would fall pretty fast, just wish there was SOMEWHERE that could host them or someone with a CFW PS4 that wouldn't mind fetching some specific files for people, because lets face it, the full unpacked version of the game is probably HUGE.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

AESRYL wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:11 am yet nobody has mentioned anything about getting the files.
I think people who have files think its still too early to share them.
flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

daemon1 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:12 pm
AESRYL wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:11 am yet nobody has mentioned anything about getting the files.
I think people who have files think its still too early to share them.
With the recent release of ReMind I can see that being a real possibility.

Would still be nice if there was a repo of base game content somewhere but the likelihood of that is basically 0, which is a shame because as of right now im only interested in the weapon models so I can make screen accurate prop references and actual props for fun as well as a bit of study that I have mentioned before (really intrigued by that Ultima/X-blade sparkle shader/material they have going on)
Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

flarespire
veteran

Post by flarespire »

Holy crap thank you! now I just need to find a program that CAN decrypt it, the ones I have just wont open the pkg
Vladabdf
beginner

Post by Vladabdf »

We need the decrypted eboot.bin or the AES encryption key for the .pak files. Currently, this dump is useless still. But it's progress. If you want access, ask people in the PS4 scene for help. There's only so much the KH hacking group can do right now.