Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Jan666
veteran

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4

Post by Jan666 »

nightwolf1982 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:50 am RDR2 Model Extraction
nightwolf1982

Hope this helps!!
Yeah it works, Thanks you for your great description , helped me a lot.
MavkaChan
ultra-n00b

Post by MavkaChan »

nightwolf1982 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:50 am RDR2 Model Extraction
nightwolf1982

Hope this helps!!
Can you record on video how you do it?
unfortunately due to the language barrier, I cannot fully understand your text instructions(((
John76
n00b

Post by John76 »

Does anyone know structure for rpf8 rdr2 (ps4)?
Tocentrys etc...
How to extract files....
Thanks
GuiCORLEONE
ultra-n00b

Post by GuiCORLEONE »

So i'm having an issue with the ripping exe. I downloaded it and managed to rip a few models, textures and even full peds. However, out of absolute nowhere, the tool stopped working and i can't extract any ped anymore. I don't know wtf happened, i have all the ped's meta, psin, modelpack, texture and the .txt file from parts in the same folder but every time i try to drop the txt file onto the tool, nothing happens. I tried reinstalling the tool, deleted a lot of files, and i already tried to fix the issue various times but nothing. I already allowed the tool on windows defender too.

Any ideas wtf is the issue? Because for a whole day i was ripping full peds but now i can't rip any ped, only separate textures, rpf and .model.
jeeperdy
n00b

Post by jeeperdy »

My antivirus really doesn't like running the extraction tool. Is there a workaround? Better yet, I just need the default weapons from the game, does anyone have those already extracted?
jeeperdy
n00b

Post by jeeperdy »

Actually I dont need all the weapons; just the varmint rifle, bolt-action, carbine repeater, Evans repeater, M1899, and Double Action revolver. Or just some help with getting the extractor tool to not ping my antivirus. I'll be fine with either one.
jeeperdy
n00b

Post by jeeperdy »

Ok I fixed the previous issue, but I haven't noticed anything apparent after dropping an .rpf over the .exe. Does it just convert in the background? Does it dump the converted file in the same folder I have the .exe in?
jeeperdy
n00b

Post by jeeperdy »

Sorry about all the posts but I may have narrowed down the issue. After getting past the antivirus issue I get the message "Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item". I've tried all the solutions I've seen online, including checking the properties tab on rdr2.exe, redownloading the file, etc.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

jeeperdy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:15 am Sorry about all the posts but I may have narrowed down the issue. After getting past the antivirus issue I get the message "Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item". I've tried all the solutions I've seen online, including checking the properties tab on rdr2.exe, redownloading the file, etc.
you need to read the message to the end. It must have the file name that the tool cannot access.
jeeperdy
n00b

Post by jeeperdy »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:46 am you need to read the message to the end. It must have the file name that the tool cannot access.
I've typed out the whole message, there isn't any more to it than that. I don't know what permissions I don't have, and I don't know what file name the tool can't access. I'm just following the directions of dragging and dropping packs_0.rpf on top of rdr2.exe.

I'm at a complete loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I have all the txt files and oo2core_6_win64.dll in the same folder as the tool. I've redownloaded both the tool and packs_0.rpf. I don't know what else to try.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

jeeperdy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:49 pm I've typed out the whole message
if this is the whole message, then the problem is NOT the tool, but your windows system. I can't help you with that.
jeeperdy
n00b

Post by jeeperdy »

Ok, I finally figured out what the problem was; turns out I had a corrupted system file that needed repairing. As soon as I restarted, the tool worked great!

So I have a few questions about the readme since it seems to assume that you're assembling a humanoid model; since I'm only interested in weapons, do I only need to extract weapons.rpf? I can see there's model and texture files in there, I dont think any ammo is included in this folder, unless I'm mistaken. I also found a WEAPONS_PLAYER.rpf in the sfx folder; is this the sound files? When I tried unpacking it, the files in there had random names.
jeeperdy
n00b

Post by jeeperdy »

Just one more question: in blender, where do I add the textures to the model? I know there's a textures tab but I'm not sure what surface setting to use and which texture files go where. Like if I'm working with the carcano, I have w_rifle_carcano01_eg.dds, w_rifle_carcano01_pal.dds, w_rifle_carcano01_stock_eg.dds, and weapon_tint_wood.dds.
jeeperdy
n00b

Post by jeeperdy »

I think I figured out where to add the textures (for the most part... bit of a novice when it comes to texturing, I think I can identify normal maps but I haven't seen any metallics and rarely any base colors), but I'm looking at the materials list for each object and it mentions a bunch of materials that don't come with the weapon itself. Where can I find stuff like w_stock1_tintControl, w_stock_blank_nm, w_sharedStockCarvings1 etc? I tried unpacking the textures_0.rpf file but none of the files are given proper names. I would assume w_ files would be in the weapons rpf but I can't find them.
Blednrman
ultra-n00b

Post by Blednrman »

Hey all, so I'm attempting to use the rdr2 tool to extract a number of models and textures from rdr2, namely weapon and creature models, however, I've encountered some difficulty. When I place an rpf onto the tool such as "metapeds.rpf", I'm met with the error message, ".Unsupported enc cfg 8". I'd assume this is because I'm attempting to use the PC files on this tool rather than the ps4 files. If this is the case, where could I find the ps4 files/how could I extract models and textures from the PC files? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.