Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Red Dead Redemption 2 PS4

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
DragonRuines4
ultra-n00b

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Post by DragonRuines4 »

{}
Last edited by DragonRuines4 on Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Tyce2 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:44 am Hi, Is there a command to export all .texture files in a folder at once? Or do we have to extract them one by one? I'm having trouble finding witch file contains what textures.
you can make batch file to process them all
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

DragonRuines4 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:17 pm Daemon thanks for the tool. I tried the readme file but I am totally Confused. can you do a beginner tutorial?
sorry i dont have time
maybe someone else can do it
ExactExtract
beginner

Post by ExactExtract »

Does this tool extract the animations? Excellent work as always!
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

Thanks for the tool.

I'm having an issue locating the PSINs - I managed to extract from metaped_fragments but nothing happens when I drop metapeds.rpf. I've followed your .txt but I'm not getting the PSINs for some reason.

Any suggestions? Has anyone else been able to get the PSINs?
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

So I think I got the files, psins, textures, metas, material list, but I ended up with an ascii file. How do I open that? It has data on it (5813kb) Is this the model? I can't import it into blender. Is there a plugin for blender to import this?

I usually just wait for people who know better than me do this but no other models have come out. Sorry, I'm seriously crawling through the mud with this. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Or maybe direct me where I should ask.

Thanks!
DragonRuines4
ultra-n00b

Post by DragonRuines4 »

{}
Last edited by DragonRuines4 on Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

DragonRuines4 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 am Hello. You said you got the files and textures. can you do a tutorial on that? I haven't had luck with this at all.
This might be blind leading the blind but I'll try - here are the steps I used to get where I am currently.

EXTRACT : RPF's from the pkg file.
ADD : rdr2.exe / 002core_6_win64.dll / filenames.txt / meta_list.txt to folder
UNPACK : RPFs onto rdr2.exe to unpack - I did this one at a time and renamed the folder that was created each time.

I'll use the PACKS_0 as an example since that's where a lot of the model files are

GO TO : PACKS_0 > > BASE > MODELS - Find a lot more RPFs
REPEAT : UNPACK : RPFs onto rdr2.exe to unpack - I did this one at a time and renamed the folder that was created each time.

Once these are extract you should have folders filled with META / TEXTURE / MODELPACK files
Note : For TEXTURE files - I just again add rdr2.exe / 002core_6_win64.dll / filenames.txt / meta_list.txt to folder and unpack.

GO TO : PACKS_0 > BASE > DATA > METAPEDS - these RPFs contain the PSIN files
REPEAT : UNPACK : RPFs onto rdr2.exe to unpack - again, I did this one at a time and renamed the folder that was created each time.
Note : Now you should have folders with PSIN files

CREATE : Folder with rdr2.exe / 002core_6_win64.dll / filenames.txt / meta_list.txt

I'm going to use the cavehermit as an example since he didn't have too many files.

ADD : cs_CAVEHERMIT.PSIN and meta_base_CAVEHERMIT.META
UNPACK : So I just selected both files and dropped them on rdr2.exe - this creates a PARTS folder with a cs_CAVEHERMIT_00.txt file inside.
MOVE : cs_CAVEHERMIT_00.txt file to where rdr2.exe is
ADD : cs_cavehermit_ms1_merge_2.MODELPACK file - I just did a search for CAVEHERMIT and located modelpack files. I copy and paste those in the folder
UNPACK : cs_CAVEHERMIT_00.txt - this creates cs_CAVEHERMIT_00.ascii / cs_CAVEHERMIT_00_materials.txt

And this is where I'm at (:

The materials.txt lists all the textures you need. I tried locating the modelpack files using this but it was hit and miss.

Anyway, maybe you can try it out and get further than me and share what you come up with.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

twitkiss wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:04 am I ended up with an ascii file. How do I open that?
there are plugins for blender, noesis and 3dmax.
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:59 pm there are plugins for blender, noesis and 3dmax.
Yeah, I've been trying to hunt one down. The ones I've tried haven't worked for 3ds max and I can't seem to locate one for blender.

Also, there might be an issue with the file. I tried using a converter and it said something about not enough parameters.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

twitkiss wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 pm I can't seem to locate one for blender.
https://github.com/johnzero7/XNALaraMesh
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

daemon1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:48 pm https://github.com/johnzero7/XNALaraMesh
Thanks! I do have that. So must be something wrong with my file.

edit : okay, I redid everything and it works fine. Thanks!
DragonRuines4
ultra-n00b

Post by DragonRuines4 »

{}
twitkiss
beginner

Post by twitkiss »

DragonRuines4 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:16 pm Nice. So were you able to get meshes working in 3d application with textures? Can you post some previews? Thanks
Yes! Finally. I got Dutch extracted. I'm not great with Blender, I did get the model in 3dsMax. Some of the skin weights need to be messed with - his mouth doesn't open.

I haven't messed with the textures but here it is rough -

Were you able to get the files?
DragonRuines4
ultra-n00b

Post by DragonRuines4 »

{}