Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Spiderman PS4

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
gabz
n00b

Re: Spiderman PS4

Post by gabz »

Hello, after exporting a zone file is there a way to retrieve the textures of all the props in that zone?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gabz wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:40 am Hello, after exporting a zone file is there a way to retrieve the textures of all the props in that zone?
yes. a list of textures will be extracted, and you can retrieve them all by running that list through the tool again
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

I may be missing something here. I only get an .ascii after the extract of a zone
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gabz wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:30 pm I may be missing something here. I only get an .ascii after the extract of a zone
its only possible if the tool crashed in the middle of a zone file
this never happened to me
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

Here is an example with tile_p36_ground.zone extraction. I've extracted 700+ of these with no crash, the tool is working amazingly well.

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong to miss the textures :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gabz wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:53 pm Here is an example with tile_p36_ground.zone extraction. I've extracted 700+ of these with no crash, the tool is working amazingly well.

I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong to miss the textures :oops:
ah, i just checked my code
yes, i WAS planning materials for maps, but it was never finished because nobody was interested
so no, you can't currently get textures for maps
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

Okay no problem :)
I would be sooo interested in this, but I'm nobody here and don't know how much work that represents :]
Anyway thanks for everything you do!
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

Just a simple question that would eventually save a bunch of time: when importing a model.ascii on Blender, all the meshes are named sm_1, sm_2, sm_3, etc. Would it be possible to get the model names on these meshes?

I'm working on zones and finding correct objects is a pain.

Thanks,
Gabz
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gabz wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:12 pm Just a simple question that would eventually save a bunch of time: when importing a model.ascii on Blender, all the meshes are named sm_1, sm_2, sm_3, etc. Would it be possible to get the model names on these meshes?

I'm working on zones and finding correct objects is a pain.

Thanks,
Gabz
i'm not sure what you mean when you say "finding correct objects".
there's no such a thing as model names in this game.
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

I am looking for a way to find each objects included in a zone to be able to texture them. For single object it's easier since you get a material.txt for a single mesh, but for a zone - even if we had a material.txt - it's almost impossible to know which texture goes where.

Is there any workaround? I am willing to spend time and efforts on this, but I'm just lost on how to make it easier.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gabz wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:10 pm I am looking for a way to find each objects included in a zone to be able to texture them. For single object it's easier since you get a material.txt for a single mesh, but for a zone - even if we had a material.txt - it's almost impossible to know which texture goes where.

Is there any workaround? I am willing to spend time and efforts on this, but I'm just lost on how to make it easier.
You can't "find" scene objects as single objects, they only exist inside of a zone.
And there are 10.000 of objects in a typical map, spiderman does maps splitting them into really small parts.

Right now i'm busy with maps for 2 other games, so i have no time for anything else.
TanishAKA
ultra-n00b

Post by TanishAKA »

Hi . I just want to ask a favor . Can some pack up the textures for ffh stealth suit and Electro and share it to me ? It will be of great help!! Thanks ,

Have an enjoyable day :)
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

Hello daemon, any chance we could get materials for maps in the future please?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

gabz wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:26 pm Hello daemon, any chance we could get materials for maps in the future please?
yes, i'm putting it on my list
gabz
n00b

Post by gabz »

Thanks a lot! :keke: