Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Monster Hunter World Textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Atheos
n00b

Monster Hunter World Textures

Post by Atheos »

"Looking for some help on converting these textures. Never done anything like it before. Any insight, tools, methods, etc are very welcome!"
I was told this is the correct forum as I accidentally posted in 3d models. Somebody made a quick script off of some sample textures provided so I figured I'd supply some more and see if anybody can get them working properly.

Current issue with the other script is poor resolution quality on some textures and occasionally some textures become stretched which doesn't matter much for the UV maps as they stretch to fit but they also come out low res as well. The same goes for the normal maps, etc.

Any help would be appreciated and big thanks to Bigchillghost for making the original Noesis script.

[New sample textures]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/72y3xtwjf ... s.rar/file

(Sorry, I am new to this :^))
pox911
beginner

Re: Monster Hunter World Textures

Post by pox911 »

Ive been using the rawtex program. Main problem ive had so far is that there isnt consistency with certain tex files. An example are the rmt files are sometimes bc1, or bc7, and sometimes neither of those work. Same for some of the color change tex files. Although it could be missing data as well since i know the chunk tool i used frequently leaves normal maps with missing data and looking at them in a hex editor shows large chunks of zeros.