Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: Far Cry 5 .Fat and .Dat Files

Post by Ekey »

Updated here

Code: Select all

[Usage]
    FC5.Unpacker <m_FATFile> <m_Directory>

m_FATFile - Source of FAT file
    m_Directory - Destination directory

[Examples]
    FC5.Unpacker D:\FC5\data_final\pc\common.fat D:\Unpacked\common
Last edited by Ekey on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

Confirming full extraction of farcry5.dat; and faster than previous version :)

And the Lua files were extracted correctly; can now decompile them.

BR,
Sun
invasion101
beginner

Post by invasion101 »

the new version my virus scanner is deleting it I turned my virus scanner real time protection off and I unzip it and it wont run like last version :/
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

^ It is now a command-line tool. And AVs are only for little kids. Just disable/set tool as an exception and use the mentioned syntax.
invasion101
beginner

Post by invasion101 »

sunbeam906 wrote:^ It is now a command-line tool. And AVs are only for little kids. Just disable/set tool as an exception and use the mentioned syntax.
Says the ultra noob xD... Saying they are for little kids ? Maybe novice learners? No one said what I prefer. Command line tool or not, fine and I know what to do, I was merely asking a question. And giving feedback.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

It's hardly ONE question with all the punctuation missing. I'm this guy: http://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6334. And anti-viruses are for ultra-noobs; don't have one installed.

@Ekey: I found several files in the _Unknown folder, Lua files, which can be mapped to actual names (e.g.: 1DC53A544E9EF2D3 == giveplayerammo_v2.lua, which should be in a certain location in the unpacked path). Is there any way to map 1DC53A544E9EF2D3 to this .lua name? I can determine the script name from the LUAC header. Or would it work by simply adding its supposed path to the list in 'Projects'? Asking beforehand, so I know what to do.

Example:

BR,
Sun
Last edited by sunbeam906 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ganic3000
veteran

Post by Ganic3000 »

Ekey wrote:
Ganic3000 wrote:Files .bik has an archive header, so it does not work, check this error.
I added the to archive from fc3 the video for analysis.
One video works fine

And as i said > Some files have different compression and are not supported for now. I made a new version of unpacker and i will share it later after completly tests.
You probably did not understand me, this video from the unpacked game FC3 and the file with the extension .bik from the unpacked game FC5.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

Yeah, I think I have to add all the missing Lua file names in FileNames.list so they're processed on unpack ;)
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

sunbeam906 wrote:@Ekey: I found several files in the _Unknown folder, Lua files, which can be mapped to actual names (e.g.: 1DC53A544E9EF2D3 == giveplayerammo_v2.lua, which should be in a certain location in the unpacked path). Is there any way to map 1DC53A544E9EF2D3 to this .lua name? I can determine the script name from the LUAC header. Or would it work by simply adding its supposed path to the list in 'Projects'? Asking beforehand, so I know what to do.

BR,
Sun
Correct path for this file is > domino\system\player\giveplayerammo_v2.lua
sunbeam906 wrote:Yeah, I think I have to add all the missing Lua file names in FileNames.list so they're processed on unpack ;)
Yep :)
invasion101 wrote:the new version my virus scanner is deleting it I turned my virus scanner real time protection off and I unzip it and it wont run like last version :/
False positives. i will disable and recompile after main work :)
GRiNDERKILLER
veteran

Post by GRiNDERKILLER »

I see good progress here. Good job h4x.

Do you think you can make simple XBT to DDS convertor?
I use this syntax in 010 HEX Editor to convert them to DDS.

FSkip(8);
int tbx_headersize;
string FileName;
DeleteBytes(0,tbx_headersize);
FileName=GetFileName();
FileSave(FileName+".dds");
FileClose();
But I can't use variable "tbx_headersize" at DeleteBytes, only values. It's pretty limited. And my """programing skills""" sucks.

@SunBeam can you provide updated FileList when you have done it?

Thank you both guys!
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

@GRiNDERKILLER: Will do. Coding a tool that cleans that shit up (RadASM) and launches unluac.jar to get them decompiled to plain-text ;)
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

Updated here

* Disabled (:bfuscation
* Unknown files now are placed in individual folders:

__Unknown\BIK\
__Unknown\BNK\
__Unknown\FCB\
__Unknown\LUA\
and etc.

* Base of names updated. Removed unused names also added some new names.
sunbeam906
beginner

Post by sunbeam906 »

^ Ooops, too late :) Almost all Lua files now have their names corrected. It's just a matter or removing the LUAC container to decompile by LuaQ (0x51 = 5.1) header.

147E36A8A9F93A6D.lua
data_tmp\pc\_tmp\domino\user\gym_danydomino\activity\domino_actiovity_test.main.lua

799D43DB6DE696B5.lua
domino/user/gym_danydomino/activity/domino_actiovity_test.domino

These remain.

@Ekey: I noticed something interesting in Lua when looking for quirks I can use in a Lua console. There are file references to physical files that don't exist. Or maybe I don't get it. EnableUnlimitedAmmo(1) is a command that can be used. Apparently, there's also a script being referenced that I cannot find among the Lua files. Either there's something going on or they (Ubi) simply didn't add it in the release build.

Any idea?
Last edited by sunbeam906 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey »

if you have names that are not in the database, just share them, i will add in collection :)
mlleemiles
beginner

Post by mlleemiles »

sunbeam906 wrote:^ Ooops, too late :) Almost all Lua files now have their names corrected. It's just a matter or removing the LUAC container to decompile by LuaQ (0x51 = 5.1) header.

147E36A8A9F93A6D.lua
data_tmp\pc\_tmp\domino\user\gym_danydomino\activity\domino_actiovity_test.main.lua

799D43DB6DE696B5.lua
domino/user/gym_danydomino/activity/domino_actiovity_test.domino

These remain.

@Ekey: I noticed something interesting in Lua when looking for quirks I can use in a Lua console. There are file references to physical files that don't exist. Or maybe I don't get it. EnableUnlimitedAmmo(1) is a command that can be used. Apparently, there's also a script being referenced that I cannot find among the Lua files. Either there's something going on or they (Ubi) simply didn't add it in the release build.

Any idea?
From my knowledge of modding previous FCs, you either find lines like this "EnableUnlimitedAmmo(1)" in their system scripts or find them using a function hook (You probably won't get the parameters). Not all functions are referenced in system scripts.