Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Crageo
ultra-n00b

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield 1, Battlefront 1, 2)

Post by Crageo »

Is this script and the UFBE going to be updated? Since they broke extracting?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Crageo wrote:Is this script and the UFBE going to be updated? Since they broke extracting?
Unfortunately when comes about Battlefront II game based on recent updates ONLY Frosty v1.0.4.2 can gain access to its contents, for mas extraction of the WHOLE GAME DATA nothing that exists out there will work, who knows maybe in the future it will be supported by UFBE.
Crageo
ultra-n00b

Post by Crageo »

Damn, thats a bummer. Cheers anyway man.
XxsimonexX
beginner

Post by XxsimonexX »

i can't covert .ebx files into .wav from NFS payback using the script fb3decoder.py, every time i run the script after some conversion it stops and it says:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\alisu\Desktop\non usati\-Estrattori suoni + config backup-\estrattore battlefield-rivals\boh\convertitore ebx in wav\prova\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 550, in <module>
    main()
  File "D:\alisu\Desktop\non usati\-Estrattori suoni + config backup-\estrattore battlefield-rivals\boh\convertitore ebx in wav\prova\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 548, in main
    dbx.decode()
  File "D:\alisu\Desktop\non usati\-Estrattori suoni + config backup-\estrattore battlefield-rivals\boh\convertitore ebx in wav\prova\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 500, in decode
    decodePcm(currentChunkName, target, 0)
  File "D:\alisu\Desktop\non usati\-Estrattori suoni + config backup-\estrattore battlefield-rivals\boh\convertitore ebx in wav\prova\fb3audio_nfs.py", line 75, in decodePcm
    xas.swapEndianPcm(chunkPath, target, samplesOffset)
NameError: global name 'xas' is not defined
What can i do to fix this? Thanks a lot!
TrumpetPro
advanced

Post by TrumpetPro »

Whenever I try to "scan bundles" with UFBE, it finds 0 bundles. I figured something was wrong, but tried dumping anyway. It instantly gave this log:

Scanning bundles...
0 EBX, 0 duplicates
0 res, 0 duplicates
0 chunks, 0 duplicates, 0 unique chunks
0 total.

Scanning CAS database...
412406 entries, 36696 precache entries, 1102076 duplicated entries.

Dumping files...
0 file(s) dumped seccessfully.
If I try using swbf2full.py, the moment I press run, it says:

RESTART: D:\Program Files\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\Tools\swbf2 dumper script\swbf2full.py 
and doesn't do anything.

Any help would be appreciated,
TrumpetPro
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

TrumpetPro wrote:Whenever I try to "scan bundles" with UFBE, it finds 0 bundles
in latest update SWBF removed all SB/TOC files. UFBE doesnt support this game currently.

python scripts will not work either
TrumpetPro
advanced

Post by TrumpetPro »

daemon1 wrote:
in latest update SWBF removed all SB/TOC files. UFBE doesnt support this game currently.

Oh OK. Any plans to fix the tool?
parzivail
ultra-n00b

Post by parzivail »

TrumpetPro wrote:
daemon1 wrote:

Oh OK. Any plans to fix the tool?
The Frosty editor program is written in .NET, so it should be trivial to decompile it, see how it finds and loads files inside of the archives, and write a script that mimics that functionality to dump every file instead of just specific ones. I'll leave the implementation to the original Python script developers since they've been doing pretty good so far on their own.
TrumpetPro
advanced

Post by TrumpetPro »

parzivail wrote:
The Frosty editor program is written in .NET, so it should be trivial to decompile it, see how it finds and loads files inside of the archives, and write a script that mimics that functionality to dump every file instead of just specific ones. I'll leave the implementation to the original Python script developers since they've been doing pretty good so far on their own.
https://frostytoolsuitedev.gitlab.io/news.html
If you look here, it seems the new SWBF2 uses a sort of filelist.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

TrumpetPro wrote:Oh OK. Any plans to fix the tool?
i doubt i will have time for it this year
maybe in 2019
only maybe!
mrbeanjoga
ultra-n00b

Post by mrbeanjoga »

can i export animations?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

mrbeanjoga wrote:can i export animations?
No, but I am sure in the future that will be available in some form, there is a lot of interest by many out there, time will tell.
But to answer your question better, any asset the game has, animations included, can be exported, just cant be converted yet to usable formats that are known.
eyewee
n00b

Post by eyewee »

Trying to get some NFS Rivals 3d map files, I've used bf4dumper python script from bfeditorORG. After +2h and an error, I've got many stuff exctracted (even if not all, due to an error) but not a single meshset file so I could use the MeshFile_Type_Reader... Trying to look every page of the forum, no solution for now. What is my error, folks?

btw. strange thing, walking around for another solution to extract Rivals game map meshes, I went to look for nfs edge. If one of you guys have seen the nfs edge file structure (which is kinda chinese modified nfs rivals), there are no cas/cat files and win32 folder contains .sb and .toc files, even the Data folder has only .das files,
should I forget nfs edge?..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

eyewee wrote:Trying to get some NFS Rivals 3d map files, I've used bf4dumper python script from bfeditorORG. After +2h and an error, I've got many stuff exctracted (even if not all, due to an error) but not a single meshset file so I could use the MeshFile_Type_Reader... Trying to look every page of the forum, no solution for now. What is my error, folks?
The game can be extracted easily with out errors and all assets in order and yes it can take hours, tell me your steps, what you did, what you used exactly and I am more than happy to help you get it all dumped.
Because there are so many scripts variations out there that its not even funny anymore, that is why Daemon wanted to be a universal Frostbite dumper for all games, its just is limited for now, and until then python scripts will do just fine.
eyewee wrote:btw. strange thing, walking around for another solution to extract Rivals game map meshes, I went to look for nfs edge. If one of you guys have seen the nfs edge file structure (which is kinda chinese modified nfs rivals), there are no cas/cat files and win32 folder contains .sb and .toc files, even the Data folder has only .das files,
should I forget nfs edge?..
I am sure someday an extractor/dumper will surface by whomever wants to tackle it, until then it cant be extracted, because I too am interested.
eyewee
n00b

Post by eyewee »

Well, first I used Bf4 Sbtoc Dumper by Frankelstner, than I wait for a while and I get this error :

D:\JEUX - GAMES\NFS RIVALS DUMPED/bundles/res/levels/hp2/worldassets/rural/r03/dz1/brdg_r03_kingfisher_construction_platform_ramps/brdg_r03_kingfisher_construction_platform_ramps_physics_win32 fabcb39120813ec5 80000000603c0000e03c000038020000.hknondestruction
D:\JEUX - GAMES\NFS RIVALS DUMPED/bundles/res/levels/hp2/worldassets/rural/r03/dz1/brdg_r03_kingfisher_construction_platform_ramps/brdg_r03_kingfisher_construction_platform_ramps_mesh 64d29a3d3c053add b01b000000000000fc0000007000c000.mesh
D:\JEUX - GAMES\NFS RIVALS DUMPED/bundles/res/levels/hp2/worldassets/rural/r03/dz1/brdg_r03_kingfisher_construction_platform_ramps/brdg_r03_kingfisher_construction_platform_ramps_part_physics_win32 e83efae03aed4fef 8000000060090000400b0000f8010000.hknondestruction

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\JEUX - GAMES\FrostBite Tools\BFEDITOR.ORG METHOD\bf4dumper\bf4dumper.py", line 258, in <module>
    if "tocRoot2" in locals(): dumpRoot(tocRoot2)
  File "D:\JEUX - GAMES\FrostBite Tools\BFEDITOR.ORG METHOD\bf4dumper\bf4dumper.py", line 248, in dumpRoot
    dump(fname,targetDirectory)
  File "D:\JEUX - GAMES\FrostBite Tools\BFEDITOR.ORG METHOD\bf4dumper\bf4dumper.py", line 179, in dump
    writePayload(entry, targetPath, sourcePath)
  File "D:\JEUX - GAMES\FrostBite Tools\BFEDITOR.ORG METHOD\bf4dumper\bf4dumper.py", line 213, in casPayload
    LZ77.decompress(catEntry.path,catEntry.offset,catEntry.size, bundleEntry.originalSize,targetPath)
WindowsError: [Error -529697949] Windows Error 0xE06D7363
Whereas +5Gb of the game is already extracted. Not having much choise with this repeating error, I run Bf3_MeshFile_Type_Reader from here on xentax, I click on bf4 (otherwise it doesnt work) and the tool sorts all available chunks and meshes together. That's it, at this final stage I only get .mesh and chunk files, also itexture, which is, as I see, must not a big deal to transform into dds.
Now, what shall I do to get the 3d files with coordinates (talking about 3d map files)? As I've seen here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7679&start=75
with nfs the run, map files have coords in the name of the file, which will be quite easy to just use these coords and put every piece in its place in order to assemble the entire map in 3ds max (or blender if not?).

mono24 wrote: The game can be extracted easily with out errors and all assets in order and yes it can take hours, tell me your steps, what you did, what you used exactly and I am more than happy to help you get it all dumped.
Because there are so many scripts variations out there that its not even funny anymore, that is why Daemon wanted to be a universal Frostbite dumper for all games, its just is limited for now, and until then python scripts will do just fine.

I am sure someday an extractor/dumper will surface by whomever wants to tackle it, until then it cant be extracted, because I too am interested.