Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Mafia 3 models tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by daemon1 »

nampukkk wrote:bms have a problem to some texture .
about bms ask luigi, who made that script
sdaddy345
ultra-n00b

Post by sdaddy345 »

daemon1 wrote:Mafia 3 models tool

Characters are stored in /combinables/ dir, extract them with this script. It will not work with all SDS, so maybe Luigi will improve the script.
After extracting, you'll get many DDS files, and some .DAT files, most of which are models. Drop .DAT files on this tool and it will produce .ascii and .smd formats. Note that only SMD heads and panties contain skeletons, so you must connect the other parts to the same skeleton.
Hey Daemon1 I'm trying to figure out how to play as vito. Which files do I replaces? I tried replacing the "he_head_000_he_head_000.sds" with "ma_head_019_vito_ma_head_019_vito.sds" but no changes show up in game. Can you lend me some advice?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

sdaddy345 wrote:Hey Daemon1 I'm trying to figure out how to play as vito. Which files do I replaces? I tried replacing the "he_head_000_he_head_000.sds" with "ma_head_019_vito_ma_head_019_vito.sds" but no changes show up in game. Can you lend me some advice?
No, I was not going into details which parts used where. Just reversed model format.
sdaddy345
ultra-n00b

Post by sdaddy345 »

No, I was not going into details which parts used where. Just reversed model format.
Yeah I was just wondering if it's possible to play as other models in Mafia 3. On another forum someone said they got to play as vito by swapping Lincoln's model. I just commented if it's really possible to do that. Mafia 2 was easier to play as a NPC since all the models were stored in Mafia II\pc\sds\player but for Mafia III it's Mafia III\sds_retail\combinables. Unfortunately in Mafia 3, the models aren't labeled specifically for each character, so it's a hassle trying to find all the right parts for Lincoln.
ramonkz
ultra-n00b

Post by ramonkz »

daemon1 wrote:Mafia 3 models tool
Hello, for export of files DAT cars, multimaterial there. A CITY objects it is not present.
EricRK
ultra-n00b

Post by EricRK »

Finally :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you Very ... VERY MUCH for this amazing job !!!

and please .... for the god sake please someone post Lincoln and Vito's models :cry: :cry:

I have waited so LONG for this ... so please can someone just post it for me :cry:

and thanks in advance :keke:
Nergal
ultra-n00b

Post by Nergal »

how i can make this script work? He continues to crash for me
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Making a map tool. French ward buildings test. Details not included.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Still needs a lot of work to get details
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

Looking good though. Impressive. :)
HamMerRon
n00b

Post by HamMerRon »

When a tool is released ?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

I have troubles placing detail meshes: bushes, benches and such. It currently only works with big stuff like buildings and roads.
howserboutdat
ultra-n00b

Post by howserboutdat »

daemon1, this is looking good, is it using a different tool to the individual assets.

I've successfully used the scripts and your tool to unpack some of the city blocks and then individually import separate smd into max, but thats bringing all of the individual buildings in at 0,0,0 and smd import script seems to bring everything in completly unwelded and in some buildings with incomplete meshes.

Would be really interested in your workflow for bringing these more complete blocks in and the usefulness of the final meshes in whatever package you are viewing them.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

it will only be possible with the new tool
development is delayed at the moment
jaqub
ultra-n00b

Post by jaqub »

Any thoughts on making a Mafia 2 Map Viewer like the Mafia World Viewer by ASM made for Mafia 1?
Also giving function to import/export content? There has been alot of research done on .sds (.sds is a file package) and their functions.

People already managed to import map content to Mafia 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dmzs1guwN4