Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

2022 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege Asset Extraction Tools

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
gep55
veteran

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by gep55 »

147616585377: Asset, Nomad Head, all skins (or at least lots of skins).
147616584788: Asset, Nomad Body, all skins (or at least lots of skins).

263544687231: Asset, Kali head, defaut elite and prototype skins.
263544686267: Asset, Kali body, elite skin.
239222036593: Asset, Kali body, prototype skin (Is missing attachments).
gep55
veteran

Post by gep55 »

Done some more testing. I am now able to dump textures from the textures4 .forge, but like Custard, I can't get any diffuse textures out of it.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

gep55 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:20 pm Done some more testing. I am now able to dump textures from the textures4 .forge, but like Custard, I can't get any diffuse textures out of it.
i dont think it holds diffuses..
gep55
veteran

Post by gep55 »

floxay wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:11 pm
gep55 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:20 pm Done some more testing. I am now able to dump textures from the textures4 .forge, but like Custard, I can't get any diffuse textures out of it.
i dont think it holds diffuses..
Cheers :) Do you think HD diffuses even exist? If they do, where would they be located?

I don't actually play the game, I'm just ripping stuff.
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

Thanks for this amazing work, but i noticed that the mesh normals are impossible to fix !
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

ravenov wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:05 pm Thanks for this amazing work, but i noticed that the mesh normals are impossible to fix !
The 'seriously broken' ones are actually unconnected faces
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

ravenov welp, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvUvC_5dnZ4 for now. I'm trying to dig up stuff to completely deserialize buildTables (assets). I don't know when I'm going to fix those normals. I'm pretty sure anyone could poke some more experienced rippers to take a look at how my algo unpacks them, maybe (actyally, most likely) I'm doing something wrong. If they will provide an insight on how to fix it, I'll update the code.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0
yyred123
ultra-n00b

Post by yyred123 »

Any help will be appreciated!! :D

I really appreciated for those making contribution to this community.

So I ran the asset.dump.py by cmd it seems work perfectly fine at the start

but at the end of the script it showed that there's some error and I couldn't find any asset file either

Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

buildDDS fails to find it's executables for texture conversion. Make sure you've downloaded those (links in README.md) and set their path in r6s/settings.py
Custard
advanced

Post by Custard »

I've been building a new PC and installing things on it, it was an easy opportunity to check some differences between Ultra texture pack and not.

There is a 13 file difference between the two installations, there are 13 texture4.forges, so this is fully accounted for by those. The client indicated a 23.49 GB download for the ultra pack, the texture4.forges total 21.9 GB in size. So, a gig and a half unaccounted for, idk could be many things; replacing some depgraphs, the download container, etc..

Took a few menu screenshots for side-by-side looks. The higher quality was obvious enough in all cases, but I couldn't spy any obvious clues about diffuses in specific. Most or all of the improvements could be the normal maps to my eye. I'll include the most potential diffuse difference I seen, with this deagle skin below. The pattern on the barrel has banding, the intricate pattern on the grip appears to have slightly sharper definitions of minuscule detail.

Still not enough to fully convince me a higher level diffuse exists, and this was by far the best case I seen to suggest it out of a dozen examples.

On another subject, anyone has worked out a correct hair shader? Diffuse with alpha and normal texture seem straightforward, it's the black and white map I'm not sure about. It didn't look correct as anything I tried so far; spec, roughness, glossiness, both, and as many combinations of those as I thought of.
Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan »

Each buildTable (asset) file has shaders stored in it. Like, plain hlsl text. I could make script dump those so we don't have to guess how they work.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Custard wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:21 am Took a few menu screenshots for side-by-side looks. The higher quality was obvious enough in all cases, but I couldn't spy any obvious clues about diffuses in specific. Most or all of the improvements could be the normal maps to my eye. I'll include the most potential diffuse difference I seen, with this deagle skin below. The pattern on the barrel has banding, the intricate pattern on the grip appears to have slightly sharper definitions of minuscule detail.
Why don't just use GPA and check the texture resolution?
Custard
advanced

Post by Custard »

Tushkan wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:57 am Each buildTable (asset) file has shaders stored in it. Like, plain hlsl text. I could make script dump those so we don't have to guess how they work.
If you could make that happen I'd be interested, though I don't yet know how readable hlsl is.
floxay wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:37 pm Why don't just use GPA and check the texture resolution?
Weell.. It's a good idea. I have PTSD of using that program and it's not installed anymore. (: I checked it as above only because it was easy, since I'm questioning the value of exploring more the possibility of tier 4 diffuse. The complete lack of finding any other magic types in those forges leave little wind in those sails.
Custard
advanced

Post by Custard »

@Floxay, when you upload models you tag also Roughness map. Which one are you plugging into roughness? For example in the DP27. Unfortunately if there are shaders made up in the .fbx it doesn't perserve it into Blender.
floxay
veteran

Post by floxay »

Custard wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:30 pm @Floxay, when you upload models you tag also Roughness map. Which one are you plugging into roughness? For example in the DP27. Unfortunately if there are shaders made up in the .fbx it doesn't perserve it into Blender.
Inverted G, i'm not sure if it's correct 🤷
actually i know my nodes are not correct but looks okayish :d