Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Initial D Extreme Stage [PS3]

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
guki
beginner

Re: Initial D Extreme Stage [PS3]

Post by guki »

sorry for the double post but i managed to fix the body mesh

the face indices sector starting at ab6b was split into two parts - those parts are using the offset vertices starts + using a different fvf size

first one is the underbody backfacing stuff

0xAB6B 1539
12 99
0xFC9 855
+++++++++++
0xB771 898
36 99
0x4A991 726

second one is the doorseam mesh

https://imgur.com/a/2myeQpq

yet i cant tell if the mapping is right - but for me the meshes are enough :D

maybe someone is able to update blackracers script for noesis to make this a bit easier
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

Until someone updates the script you might use Make_obj-efo as a helper tool for getting some params.
(Not perfect, so don't blame me in case...)
Make_obj-efo.zip
Problem with JZA80C_Window_genuine_00.efo for example, vertex counts do not match
(Point cloud using the lower count looks ok, though.)

submeshNo FIaddr [blocksize] FIcount
0. 0xe74 [4] 0
1. 0x7146 [3446] 1721 -> vCount= 889, from FIs

vStart at 0x8776, vCount: 292, FVFsize: 36 )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
guki
beginner

Post by guki »

Thanks again shakotay :)

Uv position seems to be 28, but some parts are not even mapped.

https://imgur.com/a/e5qkKOJ

Still need to do the aftermarket rims but the first car is done. Some errors here and there but looks good overall

They do have some decent bodykits in this game, need to check out the other cars as well :D
guki
beginner

Post by guki »

https://mega.nz/#!1j51kIwC!wwxab4f0xeH2 ... wQ_2vhqkvo

If anyone is interested, these are the object startpoints of all supra meshes

I may missed a few bytes - for example the body mesh contains two false faces (start of another sub mesh)
GreenTrafficLight
beginner

Post by GreenTrafficLight »

I know I've made a thread for this, but since I think a lot of people are following this one, I'm posting this here.

I wrote a Blender Addons 2.8+ (tested in Blender 2.92.0) to import the models. More details here.

The characters are all skinned now, except one which is Miki (since he has 4 bone weights, and the bone indices isn't in the right order in the vertex buffer).

Miki sample (one vertex buffer at offset 0xC64A8, stride 40, last 8 bytes being the bone indices and bone weights)

In order to import the trees, you will need the folder path with the extension .pa8. There are some values in the .pa8 that I skipped (It might not be important though). The file format is like this :

Code: Select all

char	Header[4]
int 	Unknown
uint	FileSize
uint	TransformationCount
bytes	zeros[16]

for i = 0 < TransformationCount
	float	Translation[3]
	float	MeshIndex  // the float is always a int, except in Gunsai sometimes
	float	MatrixValue1 // for y rotation ( 3x3 matrix indices [0][2] and [2][0] )
	byte	Unknown[4]
	float	MatrixValue2 // for y rotation ( 3x3 matrix indices [0][0] and [2][2] )
	byte	Unknown[4]
	float	Rotation[3] // In degrees
	float	Scale
I'm posting pa8 samples just in case : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bhCx-O ... sp=sharing

Also, I admit I'm lazy to set up everything to play the Zero version, but I will be glad if someone could picture a high quality picture of this corner in Gunsai since the index for one of the tree isn't precise, so I don't know if I'm importing the right one.

(Unrelated, but I can't believe I've been interested in this format since 2018)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GreenTrafficLight on Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MrZasen
ultra-n00b

Post by MrZasen »

I just installed your addon in my Blender 2.82, but the import result was just a bone when trying to import Akagi, and a couple more bones when importing the S13 headlights, I can't get any meshes...
I saw you gave the folder tree some importance, that's why I haven't modified it.
This is the error I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\efo_BlenderAddons\__init__.py", line 77, in execute
    import_efo.main(self.filepath, self.clear_scene, self.import_textures, self.import_trees, self.import_gallery)
  File "C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\efo_BlenderAddons\import_efo.py", line 545, in main
    build_hierarchy(efo, texture_dir, os.path.splitext(efoName)[0])
  File "C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\efo_BlenderAddons\import_efo.py", line 97, in build_hierarchy
    bpy.ops.object.empty_add(type='PLAIN_AXES', location=dummy.translation, scale=dummy.scale)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "scale" unrecognized

GreenTrafficLight
beginner

Post by GreenTrafficLight »

MrZasen wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:51 pm I just installed your addon in my Blender 2.82, but the import result was just a bone when trying to import Akagi, and a couple more bones when importing the S13 headlights, I can't get any meshes...
I saw you gave the folder tree some importance, that's why I haven't modified it.
This is the error I get:

File "C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\efo_BlenderAddons\__init__.py", line 77, in execute
    import_efo.main(self.filepath, self.clear_scene, self.import_textures, self.import_trees, self.import_gallery)
  File "C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\efo_BlenderAddons\import_efo.py", line 545, in main
  File "C:\Users\Dani\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\efo_BlenderAddons\import_efo.py", line 97, in build_hierarchy
    bpy.ops.object.empty_add(type='PLAIN_AXES', location=dummy.translation, scale=dummy.scale)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.82\2.82\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 201, in __call__
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "scale" unrecognized

I didn't test with Blender earlier versions, only with Blender 2.92. But it seems it was tied to the version, especially Blender 2.8. I made a new release that should fix this.
MrZasen
ultra-n00b

Post by MrZasen »

GreenTrafficLight wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:28 pm
MrZasen wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:51 pm I just installed your addon in my Blender 2.82, but the import result was just a bone when trying to import Akagi, and a couple more bones when importing the S13 headlights, I can't get any meshes...
This is the error I get:

I didn't test with Blender earlier versions, only with Blender 2.92. But it seems it was tied to the version, especially Blender 2.8. I made a new release that should fix this.
Fixed, thanks!!
Awesome work man :D :D