Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Star Wars

Old posts about game archives and other formats.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

Yes, that's also what I found. And then I stopped looking for a while.
doritos
ultra-n00b

Post by doritos »

Update....

I have seen the error of my ways... :)

The file pointer info is correct for the Patch_13.tre file. So, after doing a full sweep and checking. I figured the problem in the coding. I was starting the TRE file index at 1. The number in the file info area starts at 0.

So, after changing a few lines...BINGO.

Unfortunately, I do not think this will be of much help to anyone since my code is in PHP. There are 12 specific files I need to extract then run through another PHP script to generate a Database for a Web Character Builder.

(PHP compiled with zlib, and I have to do 2 passes on compresses files because some respond to gzuncompress while others need gzinflate)

Basically, once my gaming machine grabs an update, run the PHP script on the server and it automatically extracts the files, parses them for the info needed and builds it's database automatically. Takes about 5 minutes for the entire process and the Web Character Builder is up-to-date on the latest version information.
Marky
beginner

Post by Marky »

This is kind of going over my head now with the programming talk. Is it any closer to getting into working???

If anyone needs help for a GUI I will more than happily desing and cut up graphics for it but thats about all I can offer as its only design and 3d stuff which I can do.
BeavisUbutthole
ultra-n00b

Post by BeavisUbutthole »

Has any progress been made lately? I hear theirs a new expanion coming out soon. I wouldn't want to miss a chance to rip it apart and find out what they are hiding from us :wink: .
BeavisUbutthole
ultra-n00b

Post by BeavisUbutthole »

I think someone beat you guys to the punch. There seems to be an other way of opening files. Their some guy on the SWG forums claiming all types of stuff that "some member of a friend sends me files".
Maxitron
ultra-n00b

Post by Maxitron »

BeavisUbutthole wrote:I think someone beat you guys to the punch. There seems to be an other way of opening files. Their some guy on the SWG forums claiming all types of stuff that "some member of a friend sends me files".
There are quite a few people out there able to extract the files but none have made a public release. This is probably due to the fact that they have no workable GUI and they just extract every file at once.

So PLEASE don't stop working on this! A dev has confirmed that stuff from the new expansion is already in the TREs so there are lots of people eager to start digging!
himfan
ultra-n00b

Post by himfan »

Maxitron wrote:
BeavisUbutthole wrote:I think someone beat you guys to the punch. There seems to be an other way of opening files. Their some guy on the SWG forums claiming all types of stuff that "some member of a friend sends me files".
There are quite a few people out there able to extract the files but none have made a public release. This is probably due to the fact that they have no workable GUI and they just extract every file at once.

So PLEASE don't stop working on this! A dev has confirmed that stuff from the new expansion is already in the TREs so there are lots of people eager to start digging!
Its true, they are going crazy all over the forum. I hope its only a matter of time before they update one of the older programs with the new file format.
himfan
ultra-n00b

Post by himfan »

doritos wrote:Update....

The file pointer info is correct for the Patch_13.tre file. So, after doing a full sweep and checking. I figured the problem in the coding. I was starting the TRE file index at 1. The number in the file info area starts at 0.

Unfortunately, I do not think this will be of much help to anyone since my code is in PHP. There are 12 specific files I need to extract then run through another PHP script to generate a Database for a Web Character Builder.

(PHP compiled with zlib, and I have to do 2 passes on compresses files because some respond to gzuncompress while others need gzinflate)

Basically, once my gaming machine grabs an update, run the PHP script on the server and it automatically extracts the files, parses them for the info needed and builds it's database automatically. Takes about 5 minutes for the entire process and the Web Character Builder is up-to-date on the latest version information.
Isnt that the same way SWGExplorer works?
Maxitron
ultra-n00b

Post by Maxitron »

himfan wrote:
doritos wrote:Update....

Isnt that the same way SWGExplorer works?
I believe so, and for thos einterested SWGExplorer comes with its source. http://swgexplorer.dras.us/swgexplorer.htm
himfan
ultra-n00b

Post by himfan »

I tried to open up some files using the TOC file, but the TOC doesnt tell you what TRE the file is in.
Karyfars
ultra-n00b

Post by Karyfars »

yes it does

look at my summary at page 2 about Toc file
MsNiL
ultra-n00b

Post by MsNiL »

Hi there guys, now I am here too. Watching the thread with excitement.
^_^
Eddytheone
ultra-n00b

:)

Post by Eddytheone »

Me too :D
Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with
himfan
ultra-n00b

Post by himfan »

Karyfars wrote: look at my summary at page 2 about Toc file
Yes I just saw that. I found a few files names but I dont know where they are stored. Plus I dont have anything other then a HEX editor.
Karyfars
ultra-n00b

Post by Karyfars »

ok the files are all seperated by hex(00)
now count which file it is from beginning of them starting at 0 or 1
if you get the right number go to position after the tre file list and start to count. 24 bytes are one data unit like described in my summary, so you have to count 24 * [your number] bytes.
just look the following data and read the 2nd word and you will see in which tre file it is, which are listed at the top of the toc file (also remember where the data starts inside the tre file =) ).
now you should be able to find the right position