Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

F.E.A.R Online models (+attach file, can't open .mdl&.tex)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
banlu
n00b

Re: F.E.A.R Online models (+attach file, can't open .mdl&.te

Post by banlu »

thank you very much zaramot really
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

zaramot wrote:Updated script, should import more models.

EDIT: Tiny fix with Alma model
Omg thanks so much :) Works perfect on the models i tried so far!

Would you have any interest in FEAR 1 models? The format looks a bit similar to this one (models and skeletons seem to be in the same file tho)
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

No problem :) I'm glad it's working, don't know about FEAR 1, I guess models are low quality there? I'll be more interested maybe in FEAR 3?
Making model-import scripts, PM
DXFan619
beginner

Post by DXFan619 »

zaramot wrote:No problem :) I'm glad it's working, don't know about FEAR 1, I guess models are low quality there? I'll be more interested maybe in FEAR 3?
The FEAR 3 models are in .dspack files, and I'm not sure anyone ever managed to open those. Would upload a sample but I don't have the game anymore. Speaking purely by polycount, FEAR 3 has superior models, but the FEAR 3 models actually have lower resolution textures than the FEAR models. FEAR models may be easier to open also because they use the same engine as FEAR 2 and FEAR Online. I believe FEAR 3 runs on the Despair Engine.
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

Yeah, .dspack Archives are compressed as far as i know and noone ever did a tool/script to unpack them. The FEAR 3 textures are pretty horrible to say the least xD

Well from either FEAR 1 or 3 i can provide samples =) Or give you the games on steam if you have steam.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

I do have steam, but no need to give those games :) Thanks a lot for offer anyway! :) Well, I guess I'll take a look at FEAR 1 then. Also, what about Condemned 2? This game have nice models?

P.S. Also, I made script for two MMO's month ago, forgot their names lol they used .arch00 too and .model00p/.mesh00p for models/skeleton. It seams like they similar to FEAR?
DXFan619
beginner

Post by DXFan619 »

zaramot wrote:I do have steam, but no need to give those games :) Thanks a lot for offer anyway! :) Well, I guess I'll take a look at FEAR 1 then. Also, what about Condemned 2? This game have nice models?

P.S. Also, I made script for two MMO's month ago, forgot their names lol they used .arch00 too and .model00p/.mesh00p for models/skeleton. It seams like they similar to FEAR?
FEAR uses .model00p for models, but I don't recall seeing any .mesh00p files. There's another file type in there as well, but I don't remember what it is.

Do you need samples? I can upload some, or if you have FEAR on Steam, you can install the SDK that comes with the game, which unpacks all of the game's contents.

There are actually a few models in the FEAR files that went unused in the game, and haven't been seen by many people.

Edit: Condemned 2 models are basically the same quality as the models from FEAR 2/FEAR Online. I think they may have even been modeled by the same person. Sorry I haven't gotten any samples yet. Acquiring the game has proven a tad difficult.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Ah, so FEAR do using model00p! :) I didn't expect those MMO's will be exact same as FEAR 1, since those game are from 2014-2015 still in open betas, but definitely a variations of FEAR 1 format. I don't have any FEAR game on steam, actually my steam account almost empty - only few games. I will gladly start to work on Condemned 2, because from screens I saw the game is better quality than FEAR 1/2, take your time I could wait for samples xD
DXFan619
beginner

Post by DXFan619 »

zaramot wrote:Ah, so FEAR do using model00p! :) I didn't expect those MMO's will be exact same as FEAR 1, since those game are from 2014-2015 still in open betas, but definitely a variations of FEAR 1 format. I don't have any FEAR game on steam, actually my steam account almost empty - only few games. I will gladly start to work on Condemned 2, because from screens I saw the game is better quality than FEAR 1/2, take your time I could wait for samples xD
Amazing, will start gathering samples soon!
DXFan619
beginner

Post by DXFan619 »

Updates and samples ahoy.

FEAR 1 models are in Model00p format as I mentioned before.

Condemned 2 presented a challenge. None of the available FEAR tools that I know of worked in opening the .arch02 format that most of the files are in. Quickbms extracted them though, so that was solved. While many of the formats that are present from FEAR 2, such as .bndl and .tex, are also present in Condemned 2, the FEAR 2 tools from here don't work in extracting them. In addition, instead of .mesh, and .mdl like FEAR Online and FEAR 2, Condemned 2 just has .mdl files. Or, at least that's all I've found. I think there may be .mesh files, but I haven't found them. The Condemned 2 texture files are located in .bndl files, but the FEAR 2 .bndl tools won't extract them.

FEAR/Condemned 2 model samples:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5rykh ... amples.rar

Here are the tools that were used to open FEAR 2 and FEAR Online files, in case looking at those may help.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3989

I also found an old blog from one of the Condemned 2 developers. This is what the models look like, in clearer pictures than just screenshots from the game.

http://tinybonehands.blogspot.com/2008/ ... s.html?m=1

I have a feeling there may be a need for more Condemned 2 samples. There's about 4.32 GB of content stored within the .bndl files of the game. If there's a need, I can upload them.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Thanks a lot for samples :)
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

I think Condemned 2 .mesh files may be in the .bndl files too. I had to extract a couple of them to get meshes from FEAR2 so it may be very similar.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Yes, Condemned meshes are in .bndl containers. DXFan619 Condemned 2 samples were from PC version of the game? For now I'm finishing FEAR 1 script (format is much more annoying than FEAR2/Online because skeleton and model in one file, and skeleton is a total mess lol). Then, I'll try to solve Condemned 2, maybe find a way to extract .bndl
DXFan619
beginner

Post by DXFan619 »

zaramot wrote:Yes, Condemned meshes are in .bndl containers. DXFan619 Condemned 2 samples were from PC version of the game? For now I'm finishing FEAR 1 script (format is much more annoying than FEAR2/Online because skeleton and model in one file, and skeleton is a total mess lol). Then, I'll try to solve Condemned 2, maybe find a way to extract .bndl
Condemned 2 was exclusive to the 360 and Playstation 3. I have the 360 version, so that's where the files are from. I figured that the .mesh files were somewhere else and had to exist because the "models" directory of all the unpacked Condemned 2 contents is less than 10 mb. It only contains the .mdl files. Despite using the same formats as FEAR 2, I guess they were packed and encrypted differently. Aluigi's QuickBMS script for Condemned 2 worked in unpacking the .arch02 files though.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Ah, okay - thanks for the info :) I think I'll try PS3 version. As I understand FEAR bms script should extract files nicely from there. Even if not, it will be mush easir to deal with textures from PS3 than from Xbox-360