Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Cryengine Converter tool (cgf-exporter)

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
TheTwilightDancer
ultra-n00b

Re: Cryengine Converter tool (cgf-exporter)

Post by TheTwilightDancer »

Is this currently able to extract the Prey (2017) models with the armature included or just the mesh? Considering it can't read the texture files from the game yet, I wonder if it at least reads armature. I haven't been able to get it to convert anything from Prey to DAE format, dunno if I was doing something wrong or if the tool can still only handle OBJ conversions for Prey.
Markemp
veteran

Post by Markemp »

I've made some updates (v1.0.4), and this is working a lot better now. Tested against MWO (of course), Evolve, Ghost Sniper 3, and Prey, and all good so far. Including armatures. :)
TheTwilightDancer
ultra-n00b

Sounds awesome! I'll be sure to try it out on some Prey models! This also can get the textures too?
Markemp
veteran

Post by Markemp »

Depends on what you mean by textures. Some Cryengine games now use a .dds format that isn't supported by much, where the .dds file has the basic info, and all the mip maps are in separate files (dds.0, dds.1, dds.2, etc). If the converter can find the proper material file for the model, it will create materials that refer to the right texture file with just the dds extension. But converting those to something that Blender or Maya can use ... that's a bit outside the scope of this program.

It will at least assign the right materials to the right vertices.
TheTwilightDancer
ultra-n00b

Ahh I use Blender so that's not something that Blender will be able to use anyway, the textures of the models I want to extract are dds files. I wanna convert rigged models from Prey (2017) Like Morgan Yu, Operators, and Typhon. I have all the files, but I seem to be having trouble getting the CGF Converter to download. Someone might be using the program to extract the models anyway so I'll be keeping an eye out regardless. There are many people that wanna get a hold of Prey's models and they may likely have a program that can extract and utilize those dds files, programs of which I do not have.
WoodyChuck
ultra-n00b

Post by WoodyChuck »

Hey I was trying the converter out and it kinda works for me in that it gets clean geometry, but it seems to miss all vertex color data.
e.g. when converting a vegetation asset.
There also seems no way to get the physics proxy mesh atm?
Any chance that vertex color and physics proxy mesh could be added into the output? this would help me a lot in reviving an old project!
Markemp
veteran

Post by Markemp »

I think so? Which game? Vertex colors aren't used in all the CryEngine games, so I think I intentionally dumped it when I ran across the data structures. I think Collada also supports it, so it should be something that could be added. Same with physics proxy meshes. I actually think those are captured, but only exist in certain files. Can you please open an Issue on the github so this can be tracked? Thank you!
WoodyChuck
ultra-n00b

Post by WoodyChuck »

Hey, as asked for, I added a GitHub issue ticket.
https://github.com/Markemp/Cryengine-Co ... /issues/31

As already mentioned, that would be very, very helpful for me to get Vertex Color exported with the mesh and Physics proxy meshes would be cherry on top if included into the export!
The assets in question are mostly the old GameSDK, vegetation assets. Also found in original Crysis, then converted to CE3, also bundled with early versions of Amazon Lumberyard.
If you need, I can also provide one as an example.
zNiiC
ultra-n00b

Post by zNiiC »

Any chance to support Hunt: Showdown? I'd love to extract their models to 3d print
Markemp
veteran

Post by Markemp »

Somebody was looking for a way to convert this Spriggan model, but I'm not sure which game it was for. I've updated the converter to work with these now too. Will release the updated version in the very near future.

Markemp
veteran

Post by Markemp »

Version 1.0.5 is out! Fixes a super annoying rotation issue that has been plaguing me for years. Also verified it works great on Star Citizen 3.8 files.

Enjoy!
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

very nice work, it support Cabal 2?
Markemp
veteran

Post by Markemp »

I'm not sure, but probably. I don't have the game files to test this, but feel free to give it a try and let me know how it goes. Thanks!
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

Markemp wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:49 pm I'm not sure, but probably. I don't have the game files to test this, but feel free to give it a try and let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Markemp wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:49 pm I'm not sure, but probably. I don't have the game files to test this, but feel free to give it a try and let me know how it goes. Thanks!
well I download again fully client and try if this work, really you do a great job here, gratz for your tool, is working with models I test, freaking awesome, thanks for your hard work, keep working hard bro.

PS: about caf files any way to convert to collada o something like that?

Markemp
veteran

Post by Markemp »

Yup, animation files are on the to do list. Not sure when I'll get to them though. Working on getting vertex colors sorted out. :(