Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
XrayDoc
veteran

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by XrayDoc »

allah1985 wrote:Is it possible to use models from TPP in GZ? For instance playing as Ocelot or another character instead of Big Boss during GZ?
No but you can use GZ models in TPP
frankcip
ultra-n00b

Post by frankcip »

OK so after updating the game last night, if I change anything in textures3.dat the game crashes to dextop.
Do I need to downgrade
Topher
n00b

Post by Topher »

Hey guys, I'm putting out a test release of my mod manager.

If anyone would be willing to help me test it that would be fantastic.

Download Here

You can use the included "makebite" to make mod files and SnakeBite to install them.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Topher wrote:Hey guys, I'm putting out a test release of my mod manager.

Download Here

You can use the included "makebite" to make mod files and SnakeBite to install them.
Bit of a late reply to your actual stuff, a bit burned out fighting my own fires in getting my mod over the patch change. Naturally came up with a laundry list of wanted features when doing my own stuff, but won't say anything till I actually look at your stuff.
So just a thanks for your effort for now, until my brain doesn't try to kill me for even looking in the direction of any kind of tool.
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

DefaultMan wrote:Have been doing some model swaps and just managed to find the body model for the dealer from the airport mission (chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\pfs\pfs0_uniq0_v04.fpk). Strangely enough I cant find a fcnp file for it and when in game the textures are all messed up and flicker like crazy http://imgur.com/a/E5n9D.
Any ideas what is going on here.
Well this is interesting, I thought I'd do some more testing with this today and decided to load up Mission 21, as soon as the mission started the textures for the suit went to normal http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 620C0DFB9/, switching missions, returning to the menu all worked fine with the textures loading as normal, not exactly sure why the texture loading would be linked to the mission besides that is where the suit is used but even then you would expect the textures to load correctly when the model calls for them.
Solidcal
beginner

Post by Solidcal »

So I see people are talking about an update that made the .dats in the 0 folder a bit bigger. All they did was add in the dlc outfit icons textures. The actual dlc models are coming october the 20th as they were originally planned before they got leaked on xbox live.
JRavens
beginner

Post by JRavens »

Topher wrote:Hey guys, I'm putting out a test release of my mod manager.

Download Here

I wanted to thank you to Topher for working on this. I DID try your initial version but sadly I couldn't offer appropriate feedback because I am having various problems with my personal machine packing and unpacking correctly to the C drive and some other drives and folders (some kind of rights usage issue even though my account IS the original Admin count - thanks Windows grrr). When I get my problems sorted out (or a workaround) I'll give your mod manager another go :)
Solidcal wrote:So I see people are talking about an update that made the .dats in the 0 folder a bit bigger. All they did was add in the dlc outfit icons textures. The actual dlc models are coming october the 20th as they were originally planned before they got leaked on xbox live.
Not to be rude, but you should examine those files before you speak with authority on them.

You may be correct about the model files coming, but FYI the 01.dat file contains more than just the UI icons (presumably it's the outfit textures as well) and 00.dat contains a plethora of patched replacement files that have absolutely nothing to do with the additional outfits so no they didn't just add a few UI icons.
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

Solidcal wrote:So I see people are talking about an update that made the .dats in the 0 folder a bit bigger. All they did was add in the dlc outfit icons textures. The actual dlc models are coming october the 20th as they were originally planned before they got leaked on xbox live.
They updated a bunch of the lua scripts to support the new fob missions and some other things, a bunch of ui changes, a bunch of lang files for said updates, patched about 5 story missions, I haven't checked what they actually did there. That's what I can see just from looking at the extracted file names (apart from the lua stuff which I saw when manually merging my mod).
E3245
ultra-n00b

Post by E3245 »

Hello guys, I'm new here, but I want to show you what I've been doing for the past few days. I've been modding the MB freeroam mission to remove some restrictions, like lethal weapon wielding, getting on turrets, etc.

You can now grab and knife your staff.
I removed some lines to allow lethal weapons, but there are still some problems I can't figure out.
I removed another line and now the entire MB staff is hostile to me.

I still can't kill any MB staff without getting a game over, even if they are hostile.
This is just a test though. I doubt anyone would like to use this mod. Hopefully this can get more interest in mission modding.
JohnBC
ultra-n00b

Post by JohnBC »

where is naked tiger model?
Escapist
ultra-n00b

Post by Escapist »

Hi
I made 2 playable Quiet mods for the PS3. One for female soldiers and one for Venom Snake.
I would've rather ported the pc mods, but I couldn't figure out how. PS3's fmdl (fox model) sizes, endianness, and some lines of code are different. So I swapped and hex edited the PS3 files for now.
Thanks to Higus/Shigu, DarknessValtier, Sergeanur, and others for figuring out how to mod the game.

The problems are listed in readme file.
The biggest ones being:
-How to remove the Quiet's bra tassel to improve her breast physics (editing Quiet's fmdl beyond making polygons invisible is a mystery to me)
-Preventing Quiet's textures from disappearing (workaround in the readme file)
-Model swapping Venom Snake without making his face glitched in other costumes
If anyone has information on fixing these, I'll take any info I can get. Otherwise the mod works well I've been playing as Quiet for a while.

Here's a video of the mod in action (I don't own a tv capture device, sorry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD3K1GKQ6gA

Files Download Link - https://mega.nz/#!Hho3UIAB!TOVMVEw8JSgt ... vvI6Hm-kMM

Tex
veteran

Post by Tex »

atvaark wrote:GzsTool v0.5 will support adding files to dat, fpk, fpkd and pftxs archives and fix some issues with hashes getting calculated incorrectly. This should fix the problems people have been reporting with repacked dat files.
Do you mean adding actual new files? If so I can't see any usage examples of how to do so. Or did you mean repacking a wider range of archive types?

Either way, great work as usual.
jigodie
ultra-n00b

Post by jigodie »

Does anybody know where the scripts for camera (player) are located (for PhantomPain). I found something in \data1\Assets\tpp\script\lib\TppPlayer.lua (unpacked/packed using QAR tools v1.3.2. with -r) but changing settings in it doesn't seem to do anything in game... I just want to change the camera position to be a little bit closer to the character when walking/running !!!
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

DefaultMan wrote:
DefaultMan wrote:Have been doing some model swaps and just managed to find the body model for the dealer from the airport mission (chunk1\Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\pfs\pfs0_uniq0_v04.fpk). Strangely enough I cant find a fcnp file for it and when in game the textures are all messed up and flicker like crazy http://imgur.com/a/E5n9D.
Any ideas what is going on here.
Well this is interesting, I thought I'd do some more testing with this today and decided to load up Mission 21, as soon as the mission started the textures for the suit went to normal http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 620C0DFB9/, switching missions, returning to the menu all worked fine with the textures loading as normal, not exactly sure why the texture loading would be linked to the mission besides that is where the suit is used but even then you would expect the textures to load correctly when the model calls for them.
Which fmdl in which fpk is that guy? I think I may know what to do
DefaultMan
beginner

Post by DefaultMan »

Higus wrote:
DefaultMan wrote: Well this is interesting, I thought I'd do some more testing with this today and decided to load up Mission 21, as soon as the mission started the textures for the suit went to normal http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 620C0DFB9/, switching missions, returning to the menu all worked fine with the textures loading as normal, not exactly sure why the texture loading would be linked to the mission besides that is where the suit is used but even then you would expect the textures to load correctly when the model calls for them.
Which fmdl in which fpk is that guy? I think I may know what to do
Found it in chunk1, inside Assets\tpp\pack\fova\chara\pfs\pfs0_uniq0_v04.fpk the fmdl for it from there is Assets\tpp\chara\dnt\Scenes\dnt0_main0_def.fmdl