Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archive

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Omission7x
n00b

Re: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain g0s archiv

Post by Omission7x »

odrin wrote:
Omission7x wrote:Has anyone yet found a way to add more geometry to Snake? His mesh model stretches the textures on his suit. Or maybe someone could make an HD texture mod for snake, with an added honeycomb pattern design?

Something like this
http://hdwallsource.com/img/2014/6/cool ... papers.jpg

With bump maps too.
if you add honeycombs, the stretching will be even more apparently, as now you have small honeycombs here, then suddenly long and big honeycombs here.

also texture stretching is actually good for certain fabrics and materials like rubber, leather, etc. his suit looks like some type of rubber or polymer
Understood, I was thinking of the sneaking outfits from splinter cell blacklist. They had this same design, it added a lot of depth to materials, rather than just plain rubber or latex.

A faded snake skin pattern I think could also work for big boss as well. Anyways I do really like snake's default outfit, I just think it could some extra grain detailing.

I also have an other question. Could anyone recreate this next gen snake face?

Just the way it is, with close geometry level and texture detail.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

Omission7x wrote: I also have an other question. Could anyone recreate this next gen snake face?
*image of big boss*

I don't understand... That's just Big Boss' face model without beard or hair meshes.

Also, anybody else experiencing about 1/3 frequent crash rates with custom textures?
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.
clairegrube
beginner

Post by clairegrube »

Those patterns on Sam Fisher's shirt are probably shader-based, i doubt the shirt texture is *that* big.
The hex pattern on the Crysis 2 nanosuit was just a 32x32 normal map if i remember correctly, imagine a second texture overlay with a different UV map (basically that 32x32 tile repeated over and over again). They did the same with Jill Valentine's combat suit in Resident Evil 5.
zzz
beginner

Post by zzz »

Can anyone upload the converted model and textures for the fighter jet? I'd like to look at them.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

Higus wrote:
Omission7x wrote: I also have an other question. Could anyone recreate this next gen snake face?
*image of big boss*

I don't understand... That's just Big Boss' face model without beard or hair meshes.
lol if you read that guy's post all he does is complain about how the models and textures aren't good enough or next gen. i think there's something wrong with his computer or graphics card.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

Kazeite wrote:
lionheartuk wrote:But now due to emulators like Dolphin it can be played in HD and the low texture resolutions really do show, as do the not so great character models at times (mostly its texture stuff, which is easy to fix, but otacons model is just plain ugly).
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection uses the exact same textures, right? It only allows you to play in higher resolution?
As mentioned by another user TTS wasn't in the HD collection (which tbh is good, I don't imagine converting a gamecube game to a PS3 game would be particularly easy).
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

odrin wrote:lol if you read that guy's post all he does is complain about how the models and textures aren't good enough or next gen. i think there's something wrong with his computer or graphics card.
For some people nothing is ever good enough. :wink:
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

Let me remind you guys that this thread is mainly for reversing the game assets. If you're going to have a discussion about graphics or what not either take it to pm or make another thread somewhere else. A little off topic isn't bad but lets try and keep it at a minimum.
Omission7x
n00b

Post by Omission7x »

Higus wrote:
*image of big boss*

So you have the model of snake, i was unaware this was the same mesh underneath. facial hair makes it look different, it's probably because of the hair quality.

I think he looks better shaved, or at least use sharper Hair quality.
clairegrube wrote:Those patterns on Sam Fisher's shirt are probably shader-based, i doubt the shirt texture is *that* big.
The hex pattern on the Crysis 2 nanosuit was just a 32x32 normal map if i remember correctly, imagine a second texture overlay with a different UV map (basically that 32x32 tile repeated over and over again). They did the same with Jill Valentine's combat suit in Resident Evil 5.
whatever size it is, shader based and all it works grate for adding depth to the material, depth that Snake's sneaking suit could also use.

odrin wrote:lol if you read that guy's post all he does is complain about how the models and textures aren't good enough or next gen. i think there's something wrong with his computer or graphics card.
I don't think that's the case my specs are fine, 2x R9 290's in crossfire + core i7 4770k
Both GPUs and CPU are water cooled, and I'm also gaming on a 46' TV.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you are probably not seeing Ground Zeroes in the same fidelity as me, or have setups that accommodate within it's requirements. I'm also not complaining, or at least not trying to sound like it. i'm more less highlighting things that can contribute to GZ's experience, through some suggestions.
volfin wrote:
For some people nothing is ever good enough. :wink:
Makes me wonder about the purpose of this thread and the ones who comment in it. I never mentioned that i went into Ground Zeroes Files and messed around with them, i haven't done this. It Seems that the ones who have chosen to go into the files were the ones themselves who had things they also wanted to change. I didn't make a character export/importer because i'm fine with playing as Snake. (as it was intended to be)

If everyone was really happy with the game, this thread would be empty and no one here would be digging into it's files. I'm not really here though to point fingers, things that contribute to lifting GZ's experience i support.
JayK
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JayK »

Omission7x wrote: Makes me wonder about the purpose of this thread and the ones who comment in it. I never mentioned that i went into Ground Zeroes Files and messed around with them, i haven't done this. It Seems that the ones who have chosen to go into the files were the ones themselves who had things they also wanted to change. I didn't make a character export/importer because i'm fine with playing as Snake. (as it was intended to be)

If everyone was really happy with the game, this thread would be empty and no one here would be digging into it's files. I'm not really here though to point fingers, things that contribute to lifting GZ's experience i support.

Not really, some of us pick apart the game files because we enjoy the challenge of doing so not because we actually want to change anything. I don't speak for everyone but I'm sure a few others here that reverse game files do it for that reason as well.
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

i agree. i don't mod games i'm not happy with, i usually just uninstall them or never purchase them to begin with. modding's just a bonus for me.
cra0
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by cra0 »

Omission7x wrote: -some shitty post-
God dam it learn some forum etiquette and resize your images so they don't break the CSS of the forum seriously not cool [roll]
Omission7x
n00b

Post by Omission7x »

JayK wrote:
Omission7x wrote: Makes me wonder about the purpose of this thread and the ones who comment in it. I never mentioned that i went into Ground Zeroes Files and messed around with them, i haven't done this. It Seems that the ones who have chosen to go into the files were the ones themselves who had things they also wanted to change. I didn't make a character export/importer because i'm fine with playing as Snake. (as it was intended to be)

Not really, some of us pick apart the game files because we enjoy the challenge of doing so not because we actually want to change anything. I don't speak for everyone but I'm sure a few others here that reverse game files do it for that reason as well.
I get that, and I too like the challenge of doing somethings. Though challenge or for fun encrypted files were made to keep people away. I still don't see how wanting to see textures is any better or worser than wanting to see their files that represent them.

I like enhancements it increases replay value, it also increases sales too which I think konami would probably like to hear more. I look at it as a constructive endeavor, good for everyone not just myself.

Two more suggestions I got. Upgrading AO to HBAO, and bringing back shell casings that are missing from the console versions.

------------------------------------------------------------

Also, pardon my large pictures. I'll check before submitting more pictures. A majority of websites usually auto scale them, Or provide options to set them to scale. I was wondering how to do that here.
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

JayK wrote:

Its the same for me, I've no interest in replacing models or modding the game in general, I'm a 3d artist and I just like seeing what neat tricks my peers have created in order to make stuff look awesome.
Higus
advanced

Post by Higus »

Sergeanur wrote:Okay it seems you actually can launch the game without repacking G0S if you put files from data_0x dir into root game dir and remove g0s files. The only issue is the game will most likely end up on endless loading or crash at some point of the game because not all filenames are known so far.
When I do this for data_02, the game never leaves the first loading screen before the main menu. It's not the case of the missing lua files however, because when I repack data_02 without them, the game loads just fine.
Higus wrote:
Sergeanur wrote:Okay it seems you actually can launch the game without repacking G0S if you put files from data_0x dir into root game dir and remove g0s files. The only issue is the game will most likely end up on endless loading or crash at some point of the game because not all filenames are known so far.
When I do this for data_02, the game never leaves the first loading screen before the main menu. It's not the case of the missing lua files however, because when I repack data_02 without them, the game loads just fine.
Okay, so as references to that Assets folder show with the beginning forward slash "/Assets/" (meaning not a subdirectory), the game will actually look for the folder at the root directory of your drive apparently, as opposed to in the game's directory.
Last edited by Gh0stBlade on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merge.