Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Search Perfect world animation(stck)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Search Perfect world animation(stck)

Post by CriticalError »

shakotay2 wrote:are you still able to load the ogre animation or does that fail, too?
fail as always, no way to load it, so maybe you can try add your script of stck to zaramoth script? is possible made that? so you build all in one script? ski+bon+stck? this would be awesome and maybe this fix this issue.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

CriticalError wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:are you still able to load the ogre animation or does that fail, too?
fail as always, no way to load it,
In your post as of Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 am
you wrote
CriticalError wrote:well many thanks for support it, thats wonderful, after download I go to test it and no work, the animation loaded but anyway it show like skin [...]
So "the animation loaded" now you write "fail as always".
You really should be more clear in your explanations. :)

(We are talking about "loading". I know there are errors when the animation performs.)
so you build all in one script? ski+bon+stck? this would be awesome and maybe this fix this issue.
It's not a problem of separate scripts. In my experience separate scripts for mesh and animations are of advantage. (The problem might occur from the way you start the script. I'm starting from the MAXScript editor, Tools\Evaluate All.)

As a workaround you could copy the ogre ski+bon+stck into the same folder where you copied the scripts into and retry to load ski+bon+stck.
Last edited by shakotay2 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuts: a) Bigchillghost, viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
b) Extracting simple models: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
"Quoting the whole thing. Would u ever stop this nonsense?"
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

ok so check now, this is tested in Max 2013, and check errors.

MAX 2009

When try load model I got this error? why? well simple, no unicode support in script of zaramoth, so Max2009 no support unicode, if you don't add this in script you can't use them.
-- Error occurred in i loop; filename: E:\3ds max 2009\Scripts\ski + bon Importer (Zaramot).ms; position: 625
-- Frame:
-- i: 1
-- called in readFixedString(); filename: E:\3ds max 2009\Scripts\ski + bon Importer (Zaramot).ms; position: 625
-- Frame:
-- str: ""
-- fixedLen: 8
-- bstream: undefined
-- Error occurred during fileIn in <File:E:\3ds max 2009\Scripts\ski + bon Importer (Zaramot).ms>
>> MAXScript FileIn Exception: -- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Integer <<

MAX 2013

SKI+BON Loaded

After execute stck script and begin reading it, some seconds ago I got this pop up?

so what is that? .3DModel? thats strange, anyway I cancel this pop up and got this error in MaxScript Listener.

-- Start reading PerfectWorld ANIMATION file ---- Error occurred in ReadAniFile(); filename: E:\3ds max 2013\3ds Max 2013\scripts\stck Importer.ms; position: 2356; line: 65
-- Frame:
-- startingFrame: 10
-- prevQ: undefined
-- fname: undefined
-- allRotations: undefined
-- stream: undefined
-- Frame_offs: undefined
-- KCTS: undefined
-- TMP: undefined
-- allTranslations: undefined
-- startframe: 10
-- Frame_cnt: undefined
-- nAllBones: undefined
-- MOXB: undefined
-- prevB: undefined
-- Error occurred during fileIn in #E:\3ds max 2013\3ds Max 2013\scripts\stck Importer.ms; line number: 65
>> MAXScript FileIn Exception:
-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: FileName <<
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

thank you for your explanations! :)

1. well, my script wasn't designed to work with max2013 and I don't have the time to deal with it.

2. I remember renaming the unreadable stck filenames (not sure whether I mentioned it in one of my PMs),
so yep, no UNICODE support by my script, too, I guess (would have to change my code page and so on, so sry, can't test it).
so what is that? .3DModel? thats strange,
the filter for file selection is types:"3D Model (*.*)|*.stck"
can't see a .3DModel there.

conclusions:

easiest workaround atm: rename the skl,bon,stck file names to ANSI like whatever_monster.skl (bon,stck) for example.
Then try to load them using a max version prior to 2013.

btw: I still don't know whether the ogre is/was loading or not for you
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by CriticalError »

shakotay2 wrote:thank you for your explanations! :)

1. well, my script wasn't designed to work with max2013 and I don't have the time to deal with it.

2. I remember renaming the unreadable stck filenames (not sure whether I mentioned it in one of my PMs),
so yep, no UNICODE support by my script, too, I guess (would have to change my code page and so on, so sry, can't test it).
so what is that? .3DModel? thats strange,
the filter for file selection is types:"3D Model (*.*)|*.stck"
can't see a .3DModel there.

conclusions:

easiest workaround atm: rename the skl,bon,stck file names to ANSI like whatever_monster.skl (bon,stck) for example.
Then try to load them using a max version prior to 2013.

btw: I still don't know whether the ogre is/was loading or not for you
well I try do this method and no work, I rename it to ANSI and anyway still getting same error, about Max 2009 I download them but the script of zaramoth won't load, give error with files, ok now about your stck importer no load animations, always stuck in same places like told you before and explain in past post.
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 »

well, don't know where the problem might be.

Checked it with max2009, no error messages:
test_PerfWorld.JPG
issue: the king's only rotating. (same with ogre's arm which had no translation)

That's the problem with my script but since I don't have the game (or english names of stck files) I don't know how the real movemment should look like.
When I set the rotation to zero a translational movement can be seen. But there's no relative movement of bones, the ogre's right arm moves as one object - that's strange. Some day I'll solve this...

But there's no issue loading files or the animation frames.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olli9000
advanced

Post by olli9000 »

Hi,
yes it works with 3ds max 2009 here - no errors, but its not the original animation - only one rotation what isnt really useable. The interesting thing is, that the original object have more .stck files / more animations like walking, running etc, but if i import a stck file - its always the same animation in 3ds max, thats strange.
The only way i can help with this, is to show you how it looks like the original animation.

Does anyone have another solution to import .stck animation for 3ds max 2009 or 2013 ?

Best regards
killercracker
advanced

Post by killercracker »

Can you supply more model and animation samples?
TheAnkou
ultra-n00b

Post by TheAnkou »

killercracker wrote:Can you supply more model and animation samples?
Here is some samples of npc and wings https://mega.nz/#!oUYBlDpQ!a6ZPN4Jn8LcC ... Wxu3rxnp1Q
olli9000
advanced

Post by olli9000 »

killercracker wrote:Can you supply more model and animation samples?
Here are some examples, too.
There are 4 Animation files (STCK). Also there is an .avi sample of each animation, too. I hope this help. If its possible to import .stck in max 2013 would be very nice, because the import of model, textures and bones was very good and without any problems.
I dont know, if its possible to import all in max 2009.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oqom1g355wm5 ... F6jPa?dl=0

I just only renamed the filenames, because there was asian characters, but i changed nothing in the files.
olli9000
advanced

Post by olli9000 »

No chance to make that possible? :[
killercracker
advanced

Post by killercracker »

Thanks for the files. I wrote the script in 3ds max 2015 so I'm sure it'll work in 2013, but I'm not sure for 2009. I'm also working on an animation script for Saint Seiya because the formats are so similar. I'd have it finished now but the rotation data is kicking my ass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olli9000
advanced

Post by olli9000 »

killercracker wrote:I wrote the script in 3ds max 2015 so I'm sure it'll work in 2013, but I'm not sure for 2009
Wow nice! Thank you so much. For me it works only in 2015, but only with .ski who have .stck animation files. There are many models, who dont have animation files (stck).
I was searching for the missing stck files, but nothing and I know why. There are different versions where the animations inside. For the newer version, the animations are in .stck files. For older versions the animations are in the .bon file self!

Here you can see, what i mean (version 6 .smd, then animations are in 1 bon file):

I uploaded a new sample for that. The animations must be in the .bon file inside:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zstkr9so5f9v ... T4mna?dl=0

Please help me :scaredy:
killercracker
advanced

Post by killercracker »

I added support for the Saint Seiya models and animations. I'll add support for animation inside the .bon files when I get some more free time.
olli9000
advanced

Post by olli9000 »

Many thanks killercracker! I cant wait for that :keke: I hope its possible

Regards, olli