Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Crew fat/dat archives

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Dennissaurus
beginner

Re: The Crew fat/dat archives

Post by Dennissaurus »

Is Ekey around>? im hoping somebody could look into or has already looked into the .xbt files again? TC2 beta had updated texture formatting using DX10, i was able to dump textures from xbt via a quick hex edit, but now, it seems impossible. Idk if maybe im missing something, or theres a new tool as its been a while since messed with files, but would like to get back at the game asap. Even a work-around would be handy for now, as its only for 3 vehicles but essentially more
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Dennissaurus wrote:TC2 beta had updated texture formatting using DX10, i was able to dump textures from xbt via a quick hex edit, but now, it seems impossible.
Everything still works same, even in beta even in last release, all you got to do is delete everything until DDS and save it and IrfanView displays them properly.
Or use a batch mode as shown in screenshot as well, drag and drop as many as you want, you get the idea.
001.JPG
have fun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennissaurus
beginner

Post by Dennissaurus »

Welp, i didnt know about BATCH method.. thank you :) i was using HxD and visual studio for same thing previously... i must be getting old or smoking too much :P Thanks again
justspeeding
n00b

Post by justspeeding »

I succesfull imported some parts from models but i was wondering if there is a more finished __UNKNOWN_XBG_Renamer.rar
or is there a other way to find the complete models sorted?
dhcnmtcs
ultra-n00b

Post by dhcnmtcs »

justspeeding wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:55 am I succesfull imported some parts from models but i was wondering if there is a more finished __UNKNOWN_XBG_Renamer.rar
or is there a other way to find the complete models sorted?
im still working on it (this renames files in vehicle_resources_patch)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justspeeding
n00b

Post by justspeeding »

Thx
nicotine41
ultra-n00b

Post by nicotine41 »

Hi, i have a problem about xbg file format. i unpacked vehicles.dat with unpacker 0.0.2a r2, then i get folders with vehicle names, but in these folders only rim files have .xbg extension, files in "map" folder have xbt extension, so i couldnt import them with 3dsmax. i also run XBGmover (from Unpacked folder) but i think it didnt make anything. idk am i missing something or did something wrong.
Last edited by nicotine41 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithfullfaun
advanced

Post by Faithfullfaun »

That is beacuse XBT is a texture where XBG are models
nicotine41
ultra-n00b

Post by nicotine41 »

Faithfullfaun wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:45 pm That is beacuse XBT is a texture where XBG are models
yes that is right. i need vehicle model files with xbg extension to import them 3dsmax, but how could get these files or where to find?
Last edited by nicotine41 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

nicotine41 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:51 pmbut how could get these files or where to find?
But if you said you already dumped/extracted the game files with the unpacker , what else are you looking for?
The models are all there after extraction.
nicotine41
ultra-n00b

Post by nicotine41 »

mono24 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:40 am
nicotine41 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:51 pmbut how could get these files or where to find?
But if you said you already dumped/extracted the game files with the unpacker , what else are you looking for?
The models are all there after extraction.
there are folders with vehicle brand/model names, but there is no 3d file in it (interior,exterior,wheels etc.), only rims have 3d model. Also there are 3d files in another folder with name "_unknown" but these are only interior.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

nicotine41 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:54 pmAlso there are 3d files in another folder with name "_unknown" but these are only interior.
Yes all geometry is there, its highly tedious and almost impossible to know what its what until you import each and one of them at a time and see where it fits what matches with what vehicle, so on and so forth.
The reason you do NOT see them in the created folder structure is because the rest of the stuff has no names, Only hashes, that's it.

good luck
nicotine41
ultra-n00b

Post by nicotine41 »

mono24 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:01 pm
nicotine41 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:54 pmAlso there are 3d files in another folder with name "_unknown" but these are only interior.
Yes all geometry is there, its highly tedious and almost impossible to know what its what until you import each and one of them at a time and see where it fits what matches with what vehicle, so on and so forth.
The reason you do NOT see them in the created folder structure is because the rest of the stuff has no names, Only hashes, that's it.

good luck
Thanks for the answer,

so i have to arrange model files myself, this will take lots of time i guess.
Dennissaurus
beginner

Post by Dennissaurus »

Has anyone made a texture tool for Crew 2 yet? Kinda tiring removing the first 36 from each file via hex then converting DX10 down to DX9 for viewing.

(2000+ textures alone found within the nov 2019 DLC alone...)
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Dennissaurus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:35 amKinda tiring removing the first 36 from each file via hex...
The above still works: viewtopic.php?p=146821#p146821