Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Silver 3d models and animations (CHR and ANM files)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
nerdyluke
beginner

Re: Silver 3d models and animations (CHR and ANM files)

Post by nerdyluke »

Done ! Sorry it took slightly longer than expected. Here is the new github url: https://github.com/othias/silvie

Any further contribution is more than welcome.

I've uploaded a binary release as well so just a simple executable, no more java or other library is required. And here's a pretty cool screenshot of the robot boar boss at the end of the game for fun :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rubinho146
advanced

Post by rubinho146 »

nerdyluke wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:58 pm Done ! Sorry it took slightly longer than expected. Here is the new github url: https://github.com/othias/silvie

Any further contribution is more than welcome.

I've uploaded a binary release as well so just a simple executable, no more java or other library is required. And here's a pretty cool screenshot of the robot boar boss at the end of the game for fun :)
Hey, nerdyluke.

Any possibility in making the tool compress the xml back to eng?
Cheers.
nerdyluke
beginner

Post by nerdyluke »

Hello, it's been a while :) a few people have messaged me over the last few years about this tool so here's an update. Due to lack of motivation/personal issues I haven't worked on this as much as I would have liked, but I might give it a shot in the near future. My dream goal would be to extract 3d model animations, "level" (terrain) meshes, and understand the scripting of levels. Then once this is done, a reimplementation of the game à la openmw or gemrb would be doable. But it's all wishful thinking for now :mrgreen:

xml->eng conversion might be possible, although there are still quite a few unknowns in the format. I'll add the feature if I can get it to work, maybe (: . Thanks all for your kind words.