Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Unity Assets Explorer [v 1.2]

General game file tools that are useful for more than one game
TheReaperCooL
advanced

Re: Unity Assets Explorer [v 1.2]

Post by TheReaperCooL »

I've extracted a file (from an Android game), edited it a bit and replaced that file (Import from original option), and now the game crashes. Also note that I changed the file, but in my .assets file it wasn't replaced, but it was put under the whole file.

So instead of replacing it (it was a text file btw), it added ANOTHER instance of it, and if I open the .assets file in Notepad++ I can see that the original text is in there, and what I modified is added to the bottom.

Is there a way to change the original and replace that? I want to translate an android game :)
GARID
beginner

Post by GARID »

TheReaperCooL wrote:I've extracted a file (from an Android game), edited it a bit and replaced that file (Import from original option), and now the game crashes. Also note that I changed the file, but in my .assets file it wasn't replaced, but it was put under the whole file.

So instead of replacing it (it was a text file btw), it added ANOTHER instance of it, and if I open the .assets file in Notepad++ I can see that the original text is in there, and what I modified is added to the bottom.

Is there a way to change the original and replace that? I want to translate an android game :)
Usually text strings contained in dll files and u can see how to edit that files from following video tutorial! It helped me maybe 4 u 2 ;)

http://rghost.net/43313283
warzonefury
ultra-n00b

Post by warzonefury »

Hi!

Already thank you for your program :)

I have a problem. I can extract the .tex from my .assets and the program converted in .dds.

But the import does not work ... How do I know what type of DDS must be used to save in photoshop? DXT1 DXT3 DXT5 etc..

Thx !
GARID
beginner

Post by GARID »

warzonefury wrote:Hi!

I have a problem. I can extract the .tex from my .assets and the program converted in .dds.

But the import does not work ... How do I know what type of DDS must be used to save in photoshop? DXT1 DXT3 DXT5 etc..

Thx !
Do not use that plugin that's not work!!!! I tried many times so i know :P if u want to edit dds without changing the fie size just use GIMP (included DDS Plugin )
warzonefury
ultra-n00b

Post by warzonefury »

GARID wrote:
warzonefury wrote:Hi!

Thx !
Do not use that plugin that's not work!!!! I tried many times so i know :P if u want to edit dds without changing the fie size just use GIMP (included DDS Plugin )
Hi!

I just tried Gimp. He can not open my DDS, I'm sure I install the DDS plugin.

Photoshop me works very well.
warwar
advanced

Post by warwar »

Haoose wrote:
Rjack wrote:
Haoose wrote:Version 1.2 uploaded...
It worked great, thanks. :keke:
But when I open the .ttf, it said that it isn't a font file.
If it can import the en.xml and the other font files, that will be perfect.
Cut off 56-byte from TTF-file from beginning file.
I use v1.2
This tool great, thanks
But i cut off 56-byte from ttf-file from beginning file. only one ttf can open, anothers can't open. why??
I replace one ttf( copy original ttf 56-byte from beginning to new ttf head, or only use the new ttf ) ,and then import .assests, But game crash, cannot work.
JohnHudeski
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by JohnHudeski »

I am trying to use this on the Tekken card game. Android and Ios version. Pretty much confused if i am doing it worng cos it extracts with numerical extensions
eg a.42
Rion
beginner

Post by Rion »

Will UAE support the importing of strings .xml files? That would be awesome for translating Anna EE. :)
twisted
veteran

Post by twisted »

Does anyone know how I can extract the attached maindata file? The unity asset explorer just crashes if I try to open it, however if I rename it to .asset and import it in to a unity project I can see all of the objects and resources but I can't extract them.
I've also tried using unpackassets.cs script which works for the sharedassets but crashes on the maindata.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/995 ... Data.asset
Vosvoy
veteran

Post by Vosvoy »

Hi mate,

I tried to open Contract Wars asset with your tool but it freeze each times. Any info?

Cordialy.
Vosvoy
ikskoks

Post by ikskoks »

Hi Haoose :)

You are doing a great job and i'm very grateful for this tool.
But my friend wants to make a full polish translation to a game on unity engine and i want to ask you about support ".xml" and ".ttf" files by your tool. It would be very helpful if importing these files would be possible. Can you do that? Please. :)
Tabris
n00b

Post by Tabris »

Hi there,

I'v tried to extract the resources.assets, but I only get :

resources.assets -> FILES=0

Same goes for every assets files of this game. Strange right ?

Is there a way to extract it ?

You can download the file here :
http://dl.free.fr/rfqHWWl38
Rion
beginner

Post by Rion »

@Tabris: Which game's asset file is this? Far as I know, there are differences in file structures between older and newer Unity SDK versions. Maybe this file is made by an older or newer SDK than what the UAE can recognize.

Anyway, Haoose - I hope you're still working on this program :) It'll be a real salvation for those who want to localize Unity games (like Anna EE and Kentucky RZ).
Tabris
n00b

Post by Tabris »

Hi,

The game is "Crasher" on PC. It was released in 2011.

Hope you guys we'll find a way to extract this file.

Thanks.
barracuda
beginner

Post by barracuda »

Which Unity engine version was this tool written for? I tried to load asset files for 2.0, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 and 4.1, but none of them are read correctly.

I'm working on an Unity asset extractor by myself and I identified at least three completely different asset file formats. So far, it can read files for 3.5 and 4.1. I wonder if there has been any research on the older formats?