Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Telltale Almost-All-In-One Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush »

Cappu wrote:Sometimes models are composed of multiple parts/meshes (head, legs, etc.) it is possible to import multiple files at once?

The script works great! good job!
I could try writing up a separate importing function soon, which'll allow you to pick the bone structure first and then all of the bodygroups you want to import in a separate popup afterwards. I should be able to get that done sometime in the next few days.
jmgg
beginner

Post by jmgg »

I have tried import models fromTelltale Texas Hold'em but 3d max not work with this files. I have imported several models from others games with success. can you fix the script or say me what I do wrong. thanks!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

jmgg wrote:I have tried import models fromTelltale Texas Hold'em but 3d max not work with this files. I have imported several models from others games with success. can you fix the script or say me what I do wrong. thanks!
Send me one of the D3DMESH files you're using, they may be a bit different than the ones I've used.
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

RandomTBush wrote:
jmgg wrote:I have tried import models fromTelltale Texas Hold'em but 3d max not work with this files. I have imported several models from others games with success. can you fix the script or say me what I do wrong. thanks!
Send me one of the D3DMESH files you're using, they may be a bit different than the ones I've used.
Hello, my friend, thank you very much for the great work, I found a file error, now upload sample
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Yeah, the models you sent me have some differences to the ones I've got for whatever reason. I've added some additional checks into the script, and it should work for those two games at least (and at least the model you posted here for Bone). If there are any others that don't work, please send them to me so I can fix my script up some more. I'll have the updated version of the script up sometime tomorrow, I just need to fix up the rigging for 3DS Max 2013 and up first, while I'm at it.

(EDIT: Hrm, having a bit of trouble getting it working. Please stand by.)
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

RandomTBush wrote:I could try writing up a separate importing function soon
Thank you. It will be interesting.
I found a simple way to connect the different parts of the model. The script already has the necessary functionality to do it. Just needed time to understand it.

Another question: is there a way to import an animation to 3DS MAX (or converted to bvh-format), or it is very difficult ?
Simguy
advanced

Post by Simguy »

Game of Thrones support?

Tyrion
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Looks like both Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones use more-or-less the same model format, which is a variant of The Wolf Among Us's (the ".SKL" setup is the exact same, for example). I'll see if I can add support for it soon, and I'll also add in the batch-importer that I've nearly forgotten about at the same time. Dunno if I can get 3DS Max 2013+ support yet, it seems kinda complex for an average user like myself to implement.

The textures, however, I'll need to research more since it's different (again) and makes the script crash when I try using it to convert 'em.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Awesomesauce RandomTBush. Hoping for good news :D
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Most models from TftBL and GoT now work with my importer (of course, including UV mapping, bone structures and rigging), and so does the multi-D3DMesh importer for the rest of the scripts, then I'll figure out what needs to be done to get those textures converted.

Update should be available within the next few days, for sure.
jediyoshi
ultra-n00b

Post by jediyoshi »

RandomTBush wrote:Most models from TftBL and GoT now work with my importer (of course, including UV mapping, bone structures and rigging), and so does the multi-D3DMesh importer for the rest of the scripts, then I'll figure out what needs to be done to get those textures converted.

Update should be available within the next few days, for sure.
Sounds great. We can finally live in a world where there are Borderlands weapon models to use.
jmgg
beginner

Post by jmgg »

Awesome RandomTBush!!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Scripts are now updated. Changes are as follows:
  • Changed the method of importing for the newer games -- it now asks for an *.SKL first (which you can skip if the models don't have 'em), and then gives you a second prompt afterwards for one or more D3DMesh files, so you can import a character and their bodygroups (or an entire scene) all at once.
  • Added support for importing models from Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones (though not fully tested -- let me know if something errors!).
  • Also added another texture converter for Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones (different enough from the others, can't autodetect). Doesn't work in newer 3DS Max versions for whatever reason...
  • Fixed SBCG4AP's importer that I accidentally broke in the previous revision.
  • Added some extra detection for Telltale Texas Hold-em and Bone: The Great Cow Race (or at least for the files jmgg and raykingnihong sent me). Again, let me know if it still needs fixing!
  • Still no proper support for 3DS Max 2013+ yet, so it'll apply the rigging to the wrong bones in those versions, sorry. I'll see if I can fix this before the year's over, but I would recommend finding an earlier version to at least import the files (which you can then save and work on in your later versions) until I get it fixed.
Download link's the same as it was before, in the first post.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

My day just got better. Stuck at work right now so I'll have to download and check out later tonight. Big thank you for your continued work on Telltale games. :D :D
jediyoshi
ultra-n00b

Post by jediyoshi »

Where does the Textures folder go exactly? Got them converted and the rigged model up but having issues getting textures auto applied. Thanks