Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Mass Effect 3 [.AFC]

Get help on any and all audio formats, or chip in and help others!
Gh0stBlade

Re: Mass Effect 3 [.AFC]

Post by Gh0stBlade »

I don't think you've converted the audio files at all. Are you trolling me?

It seems that i've done exactly everything you say, I can split the AFC files perfectly fine.

The problem is the ww2ogg, it's not working at all. I know it's not the splitter because i've extracted them manually a few days back and it didn't work. I'm running out of options and i'm becomming frustrated because the programs are too buggy for use. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
Droolie
veteran

Post by Droolie »

I have better things to do than trolling you so no I'm not doing that.

Here's an archive that includes some of my OGG files, converted with ww2ogg and then run through Revorb (I included both tools):
http://www.box.com/s/do8r7d99ayojb4fohk9n
If my OGG files don't work for you, try another player (VLC, Winamp, etc) because the OGG files definitely work.

Your split files are the same as mine so there's no problem with that.

Try executing ww2ogg in command line like you should. The command is "ww2ogg filename.wwise". It normally tells you what the error is, if any. If there's no error, check if the outputted OGG file from your sample is now 20,9KB (with packed_codebooks.bin in your folder) instead of the 186 bytes from before. If it's still 186 bytes, something went wrong with ww2ogg. If it is 20,9KB, that means you should just use Revorb on it and play it in any OGG-compatible player.
guestman
ultra-n00b

Post by guestman »

Jesus H.F. Christ! Can someone just post a screenshot of a properly configured VGMToolbox???

I just read through 2 pages full of contradicting settings and nothing worked.

Please give real help. One screenshot would have made all other posts useless, can it happen please?

:cry:
Spy
ultra-n00b

Post by Spy »

Here is an archive with all playable files that I managed to get out of afc files. I don't think I got out everything, because I'm missing some tracks. Anyway, here is to archive http://uloz.to/xUQD74X/me3audio-rar
diego
ultra-n00b

Post by diego »

Hi,

I wanted to reopen this topic if I may. I have gone through all of the steps listed, but I have not had any success extracting the .afc files as described. I was thinking perhaps something has changed in the files in between the Beta and the release of the official Demo. Just to recap what I am doing:

I am using the Advanced Cutter from the VGM toolbox(dated 12/03/2011) with these options:
Loaded the RIFF Style Header Preset.
Changed the search string to RIFX.
Changed the output File extension to .wwise.
Changed the byte order to Big Endian.

To recreate the previous steps completely, I am trying to convert kro001_audiolog_03_a_D.Int.afc
But when I drag that file into the window, it completes the search for strings without errors, but it does not extract anything. So far, the only way that I have been able to get a file to extract is to change the search string back to RIFF. That, of course gives me the same extraction error that the previous poster had and creates a file the ww2ogg will not convert correctly.

I know you guys are really busy. Since I don't have a clue what I am doing, I was hoping somebody might be interested in giving this issue another quick look.

Thanks.
diego
ultra-n00b

Post by diego »

Ha!
I stuck with it a little longer and finally figured out. For the ME3 demo, The search criteria needs to be RIFF and the byte order should be Little Endian. With the output file extension as .wwise. This extracts correctly. ww2ogg is working fine as well.
Kyp
ultra-n00b

Post by Kyp »

Hi guys!
I updated my original afc2ogg app i posted here about a year ago, and now it works with Mass Effect 3 files.
It makes all this extracting a lot easier.

Get it here: http://kypapps.co.cc/index.php/afc2ogg
(it's too big for attachment)

It uses my own algorythm to split the afc file to single wave files, then ww2ogg to convert them, and revorb to fix them. (If you dont want to use revorb, just delete it from data directory).
ScorpyX
ultra-n00b

Post by ScorpyX »

BIG Thanks Kyp - you're the MAN