Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 1 Models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Kingdom Hearts 1 Models

Post by Mirrorman95 »

yaz0r wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote: anm/eh_l/w_ex010/EEH506##L.anb
where ## = 13-16, 20-24
There are many more; just replace your anm/eh_r/w_ex010/EEH#####R.anb filenames with eh_l/w_ex010/EEH#####L.anb and add that to your table.
anm/tt_l/w_ex010/ETT###0#L.anb
where ###0# is 61303, 61304, 61402, 80804, 80805, & 80806.
anm/eh/n_zz010/EEH5062#.anb
where # = 2, 3, & 5
event/effect/di_event_#9#.pax
where #9# = 899, 997, and 999
event/effect/tr_event_101.pax
Thanks,
those worked fine except for the "anm/eh/n_zz010/EEH5062#.anb" ones.
That was a mistake on my part. All anbs have a letter at the end. What I meant was
anm/eh/n_zz010/EEH5062#E.anb
where # = 2, 3, & 5

Those are important, because without them, you can't animate N_ZZ010_EV.mdlx, Ansem's Guardian.

On an unrelated note, I have generated the list of MDLX files changed between USA and Final Mix:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mirro ... lelist.txt
Last edited by Mirrorman95 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
ChrisSquareFan
advanced

Post by ChrisSquareFan »

Hi, does anyone know if there is IK data in the KH1 model animation section?
I made a fbx exporter for KH1 models and it currently exports mesh + bones + skinning + textures.
The next step would be to export animation, but i think animations are build on IK (inverse kinematics).

The tool can be found on this thread -> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4501
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

You are correct, KH1 and KH2 use IK to animate the arms and legs of all characters.
I don't really know where the IK chains data are stored, could be in the model data itself, or the animation data.
The animation data contains a simple skeleton for the IK bones, animation tracks for the IK bones and animation tracks for the standard bones not handled by the IK.
The KH1 animation code is relatively large and complicated and the IK solver is done on VU. So if the IK is not standard, it will have to be reversed from there.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

yaz0r wrote:You are correct, KH1 and KH2 use IK to animate the arms and legs of all characters.
I don't really know where the IK chains data are stored, could be in the model data itself, or the animation data.
The animation data contains a simple skeleton for the IK bones, animation tracks for the IK bones and animation tracks for the standard bones not handled by the IK.
The KH1 animation code is relatively large and complicated and the IK solver is done on VU. So if the IK is not standard, it will have to be reversed from there.
What's a VU?
ChrisSquareFan
advanced

Post by ChrisSquareFan »

Vector Unit
ChrisSquareFan
advanced

Post by ChrisSquareFan »

yaz0r wrote:You are correct, KH1 and KH2 use IK to animate the arms and legs of all characters.
How complicated can it be, I'm talking about simply the character's movements, not the attach system and so on..
Animation is stored in separate files from the models, right? I remember KH2 had mset files for animation, but I haven't checked them out yet.
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

ChrisSquareFan wrote:
How complicated can it be, I'm talking about simply the character's movements, not the attach system and so on..
Animation is stored in separate files from the models, right? I remember KH2 had mset files for animation, but I haven't checked them out yet.
Maybe he means some of the facial animations? Or secondary animation that's affected by a parent bone? (Eg: maybe bones for parts of kairi's lower skirt are affected by parts higher up, which would generate a realistic swish movement that would have taken more time to do by hand.) Same thing could also be applied to characters' hair. Sora and Riku both have so many spikes. lol. If there was a mathematical algorithm or whatever, that told the spike joints which way to move in relation to joints connected closer to the head, it would save a lot of time on animator's parts. Even parts of clothing, like KH2 Riku's collar, or KH2 Sora's many belts.

Cause when I look at the cutscenes and pay attention to those types of details, every time a character moves slightly so many other parts that are connected to them move in a realistic way, such as their hair, their clothing, etc. When sora walks his hair bounces in time with it, same with his belts and all that. It seems like there must be some way to set up a system that generates that kind of 'reactive' animation, the smaller things that are affected by the larger part's movement. Sure there's parent bones, but they don't cause the children bones to move in a realistic manner like they do in cutscenes.

I have no clue if those types of animation connections are used by square, but I only knew of them because I saw a tutorial by autodesk for max 9 on setting up stuff like that.
ChrisSquareFan
advanced

Post by ChrisSquareFan »

I don't know if that's the case, i think the hair and cloth animation is baked, not generated. But then I could be wrong..
Part of the IK animation must be static, with exceptions such as changing a foot's position to have floor contact.
FEATHER
advanced

Post by FEATHER »

I had problems dumping KH2.

With the Falo dumper i put the disk into the DVD drive, then set the .bat file to that drive (kh2_file_dumper.exe E:/KH2 -dN), then run the bat but nothing happens

The Yaz0r dumper don't work for me i follow all the steps in this image (http://kkdf2.sakura.ne.jp/pcsx2lair/usage_kh2dumper.png) and i alter the kh2dump.bat to point to my disc drive... but only extract a random .bin file.
firsak wrote:
grotesque wrote:I still have problem with KH2 mix, can't extract :cry:
It worked for me only when I mounted the KH2.ISO with Daemon Tools and used Falo's extractor on this mounted image.
firsak is right, the dumper only work with daemon tools.
Last edited by FEATHER on Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

ChrisSquareFan wrote: How complicated can it be, I'm talking about simply the character's movements, not the attach system and so on..
KH1 has mset too, just needs the format figured out and a plugin written for Noesis since it already supports the models via plugin.
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

FEATHER wrote:I had problems dumping KH2.
Which version of KH2 did you use? I think Falo's might only work with the final mix version. I could be remembering things wrong though.

ChrisSquareFan wrote: I don't know if that's the case, i think the hair and cloth animation is baked, not generated. But then I could be wrong..
Part of the IK animation must be static, with exceptions such as changing a foot's position to have floor contact.
I have no clue either. lol. I'm only just starting to grasp the concept of 'baking' now thanks to maya. First time I saw it mentioned in maya docs I was like '... wut?'
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I've discovered that while the anbs in the anm/tt_r/n_zz160 folder don't actually work on N_ZZ160, Ansem's Guardian, they do work on B_EX210, Luxord's playing card.
eurik
ultra-n00b

Post by eurik »

Hey, I have a question. I am trying to get the models arms to be at their side instead of being in T-Stance. How do I do that? using 3ds autodesk
eurik
ultra-n00b

Post by eurik »

Hello there! I realize this thread has been down for a good while, but I don't know where else to turn. Anywhere else I asked was unable to help me. Anyway here's the thing... I am using kh1_file_dumper.exe and I am trying to get the Kingdom hearts weapon models out, but I can't. It says something like "options" when I just click the extracter and says things like "-dT" or "-dO" etc. The nametbl.txt to see all the names of the files is under -dO but I can't extract it o.o. I have no idea how to get weapon models from the kh1iso(I'm actually working with final mix) and even if I could, they come out in .wpn format. What do I open that with? and how do I convert it? Please help. I would really appreciate it.
dragicorn
beginner

Post by dragicorn »

Hello? Hello? Is anyone there? I repeat, is anyone there? Do you copy? Please respond. Over.

Stupid keyshort cut deleted my post... it should be saved with the back button and linked back to post when back button is pressed... lost my post. Hate it when time and prescence is short. Absolutely hate it. fix it soon please! I wasted precious time!

Anyway, this post is not as good, so forgive me if you don't understand. It's the forum's fault.

I have tried to once again extract kh1.iso with the bat Filo?'s .bat file (Kh1 is not final mix). But nothing happens except blank folders in the extract folder.

Here's my files and codes in my traveldrive, all in the same folder.

dumper_from_nametbl.bat

Code: Select all

kh1_file_dumper.exe kh1.iso KINGDOM.IDX -dT -dN
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m355odbt1 ... ametbl.txt

I cannot find a valid daemon tools without using torrents that could have viruses or a download link that has not expired. Daemon tools website has been deleted, did you know?

Yazor deleted his dumper and website, which is all expired links on the internet from other people

All other dumpers are broken and/or don't work.

Can someone post a mediashare file (must be a NEW post from a verifyiable source) of daemon tools, AND a working Filo?'s dumper for kh1, or Yazor's tool, and link them here?

How can I extract models from cutscenes? There's one model and animation I really want, but the animation is missing from the character...

I don't use rippers, I use valid dumpers...

Someone please come in really soon. I appreciate the help, thank you.