Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 1 Models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
yaz0r
beginner

Re: Kingdom Hearts 1 Models

Post by yaz0r »

Mirrorman95 wrote: Well, Falo's dumper has become outdated. Yaz0r and kkdf2's dumpers work much better for KH2FM now, and Yaz0r's nametable is full of most of the files, except a few anbs in the eh and eh_l folders like Roxas's keys and Ansem's Guardian, and a few other files that are hard to snuff out. Use those from now on; yaz0r's initially to grab most of the files, and kkdf2's expack1e to grab any specific files.
If you have any new filenames to be added to the nametable, don't hesitate to pm me those. Searching for them is a very time consuming process on my side, and I would love to have a complete set someday...
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

yaz0r wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote: Well, Falo's dumper has become outdated. Yaz0r and kkdf2's dumpers work much better for KH2FM now, and Yaz0r's nametable is full of most of the files, except a few anbs in the eh and eh_l folders like Roxas's keys and Ansem's Guardian, and a few other files that are hard to snuff out. Use those from now on; yaz0r's initially to grab most of the files, and kkdf2's expack1e to grab any specific files.
If you have any new filenames to be added to the nametable, don't hesitate to pm me those. Searching for them is a very time consuming process on my side, and I would love to have a complete set someday...
Hey Yaz0r, do you by any chance know what Kairi's Keyblade filename is? If you don't have it I'm totally NOT asking you to go search for it or anything! I just thought I'd ask on the off chance that you might have it. :)

And sorry if this is a totally retarded question, but do you search for them using a hex editor? I'd love to be able to help you out somehow.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

SoftIce wrote: Hey Yaz0r, do you by any chance know what Kairi's Keyblade filename is? If you don't have it I'm totally NOT asking you to go search for it or anything! I just thought I'd ask on the off chance that you might have it. :)
F_EH510.mdlx
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

SoftIce wrote: And sorry if this is a totally retarded question, but do you search for them using a hex editor? I'd love to be able to help you out somehow.
It's a very long and convoluted process. I started with the list of files that are stored in the game exe, then the list of models that is stored in one of those files, brute-forcing some of the variations. I made a modified version of kh2 that would print the name all the files it loads, so I could add those to the list.
Nowadays, I use the fact that all files are stored in alphabetical order on the disc. So if I'm missing the name of one particular file, I can deduce part of its name from the name of the file before and after it, and brute-forcing the rest.
Sound files were brute-forced based on their header.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

yaz0r wrote:
SoftIce wrote: And sorry if this is a totally retarded question, but do you search for them using a hex editor? I'd love to be able to help you out somehow.
It's a very long and convoluted process. I started with the list of files that are stored in the game exe, then the list of models that is stored in one of those files, brute-forcing some of the variations. I made a modified version of kh2 that would print the name all the files it loads, so I could add those to the list.
Nowadays, I use the fact that all files are stored in alphabetical order on the disc. So if I'm missing the name of one particular file, I can deduce part of its name from the name of the file before and after it, and brute-forcing the rest.
I found that there were a few animations, like those in eh/n_zz160, that aren't in your file list, as well as a few event pax. So, if there is a list of files you know and a total number of the files you don't know, perhaps a list of ones I've ripped from FM that weren't in your list could help you for some reason.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

ultimaespio wrote:F_EH510.mdlx
Thanks a bunch!! I can use kkf2's tools to find it now.
yaz0r wrote:It's a very long and convoluted process. I started with the list of files that are stored in the game exe, then the list of models that is stored in one of those files, brute-forcing some of the variations. I made a modified version of kh2 that would print the name all the files it loads, so I could add those to the list.
Thanks for the explanation! It sounds like it's something I wouldn't be able to help with, since I only just recently learned how to copy and paste files stored in uncompressed archives with a hex editor... so I don't have the skill set to do something that advanced. :( But if you ever need help with some kind of busywork that takes a long time, but is still stupidly easy, I'd be happy to lend a hand. lol
grotesque
advanced

Post by grotesque »

I still have problem with KH2 mix, can't extract :cry:
Sorry bad english, I'm italian!
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

Mirrorman95 wrote: I found that there were a few animations, like those in eh/n_zz160, that aren't in your file list, as well as a few event pax. So, if there is a list of files you know and a total number of the files you don't know, perhaps a list of ones I've ripped from FM that weren't in your list could help you for some reason.
yep, that would be very helpfull.
firsak
advanced

Post by firsak »

grotesque wrote:I still have problem with KH2 mix, can't extract :cry:
It worked for me only when I mounted the KH2.ISO with Daemon Tools and used Falo's extractor on this mounted image.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

yaz0r wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote: I found that there were a few animations, like those in eh/n_zz160, that aren't in your file list, as well as a few event pax. So, if there is a list of files you know and a total number of the files you don't know, perhaps a list of ones I've ripped from FM that weren't in your list could help you for some reason.
yep, that would be very helpfull.
anm/eh_l/w_ex010/EEH506##L.anb
where ## = 13-16, 20-24
There are many more; just replace your anm/eh_r/w_ex010/EEH#####R.anb filenames with eh_l/w_ex010/EEH#####L.anb and add that to your table.
anm/tt_l/w_ex010/ETT###0#L.anb
where ###0# is 61303, 61304, 61402, 80804, 80805, & 80806.
anm/eh/n_zz010/EEH5062#.anb
where # = 2, 3, & 5
event/effect/di_event_#9#.pax
where #9# = 899, 997, and 999
event/effect/tr_event_101.pax
I found them by looking at the ARD files.
Also, your dumper doesn't cover apdx files because it's only for Final Mix. By renaming all the a.fm files in your name table to apdx, you get all the apdx files.
Last edited by Mirrorman95 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
sojakai
ultra-n00b

Post by sojakai »

How does one open the .wpn files or convert them to .obj?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

sojakai wrote:How does one open the .wpn files or convert them to .obj?
At the present time, you can't. Yaz0r and Revelation are the only ones who have cracked the mdls format, so only they would have any idea as how to view wpn models. They look much like mdls files but without part of their header, and they may all use the same header because of that, so you could try taking the file headers of other, similar mdls files and use them for the wpns.

On another note, I have compared the models of the US and FM versions of KH2 and have a list of most of the models that were changed in Final Mix. However, the list is composed of all the files I have in one folder, so I may or may not be able to type them up. I had to check many of the files to see if they were changed only a fraction of a kilobyte in size.
Azurfan
advanced

Post by Azurfan »

Mirrorman95 wrote:
At the present time, you can't. Yaz0r and Revelation are the only ones who have cracked the mdls format, so only they would have any idea as how to view wpn models. They look much like mdls files but without part of their header, and they may all use the same header because of that, so you could try taking the file headers of other, similar mdls files and use them for the wpns.
Yes, that should be the case, shouldn't it? But after comparing the model of the Dream Shield (the one that is floating in Dive to the Heart) and the weapon model (Goofy can get) of it, I can barely see some similarties, although it should be the exact the same model.
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Mirrorman95 wrote:

On another note, I have compared the models of the US and FM versions of KH2 and have a list of most of the models that were changed in Final Mix. However, the list is composed of all the files I have in one folder, so I may or may not be able to type them up. I had to check many of the files to see if they were changed only a fraction of a kilobyte in size.
I know that the textures for some of the models are changed in the FM version (Riku and Sora both are... Kairi is not. WHY. That's not fair the other two got more detailed textures so why not her. :roll: I don't think the resolution was changed, but they added more details and shadows.) That could account for the tiny tiny change in size, since adding pixels with new colors that were not previously used on each texture might equal a bit more space being taken up. I'm just speculating though.
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

Mirrorman95 wrote: anm/eh_l/w_ex010/EEH506##L.anb
where ## = 13-16, 20-24
There are many more; just replace your anm/eh_r/w_ex010/EEH#####R.anb filenames with eh_l/w_ex010/EEH#####L.anb and add that to your table.
anm/tt_l/w_ex010/ETT###0#L.anb
where ###0# is 61303, 61304, 61402, 80804, 80805, & 80806.
anm/eh/n_zz010/EEH5062#.anb
where # = 2, 3, & 5
event/effect/di_event_#9#.pax
where #9# = 899, 997, and 999
event/effect/tr_event_101.pax
Thanks,
those worked fine except for the "anm/eh/n_zz010/EEH5062#.anb" ones.