Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Azurfan
advanced

Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files

Post by Azurfan »

yaz0r wrote:For the record, I'm in the middle of adding support for selecting a specific animation to play in the viewer (this is pretty much done) and an option to load animation from a separate file.
This is mostly for KH2 for now, but I will probably backport that in kh1.
Wow, thank you yazo0r. :D
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

This week is very busy for me. Hope I can finish it up next week.
Murodragon
advanced

Post by Murodragon »

bad news my computer crashed on me and lost everything i had all the character evm animations with the models o-o i am so pissed off right now, now i have to download the whole kh iso again -__- damnnnn.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Murodragon wrote:bad news my computer crashed on me and lost everything i had all the character evm animations with the models o-o i am so pissed off right now, now i have to download the whole kh iso again -__- damnnnn.
Or you could just copy the information from your copy of the disk.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
jaden
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by jaden »

I hope you're gonna finish it in next week yaz0r
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Wellp, I convinced the xnview guy to update his tm2 viewer.
Behold
http://www.xnview.com/beta/XnView-beta1.zip
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

I think all these new features are great, but I still can't see any of the models I drop into it. I was able to get a horizontal black bar from Actor_Sora, but I can't view models or maps. There's got to be a way to keep all these features while still keeping the compatibility it had back in v0.3.
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

One of the reasons I stopped releasing versions after 0.3 was that I didn't want to handle compatibility with every gfx card out there.
If there was a way for me to reproduce this issue, maybe I would fix it. But as long as I can't reproduce it on my end, I won't deal with it.
It's either it works, or don't use it... My days are only 24hours long, and I prefer to spend my free time on things that are of interest than supporting every gfx board out there.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

yaz0r wrote:One of the reasons I stopped releasing versions after 0.3 was that I didn't want to handle compatibility with every gfx card out there.
If there was a way for me to reproduce this issue, maybe I would fix it. But as long as I can't reproduce it on my end, I won't deal with it.
It's either it works, or don't use it... My days are only 24hours long, and I prefer to spend my free time on things that are of interest than supporting every gfx board out there.
Alright then, can you tell me what your graphics card is so I know what will work? I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 1250.
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

Heh,
I'm running a gtx 580 on a win7 x64.
I'm also running this build on a 8800 GT without issues (also a win7 x64).
I don't have access to ATI cards to test.

Does anyone else than you have this issue?
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Well, I got it to work on my brother's computer, and he has a Windows 7 Desktop with an ATI Radeon HD 4250 graphics card. 0.4 couldn't load KH1 models but could load maps. 0.5 doesn't have the option of viewing KH1 models, and crashed when I fed it maps. Both can view and animate KH2 models that used to crash the viewer before successfully now. The controls are AWSD Spacebar+Mouse now for navigation, not ALT+Mouse and CTRL+Mouse. I can't input anb files directly, but after using anb2mset, it views the animations flawlessly, whereas kkdf2's mdlx animator makes the faces fall all over the place.
Last edited by Mirrorman95 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Thanks for the new release Yaz0r!

Merp. I have the same issue. My computer would be considered a fossil in computer years though, so I'm pretty sure it's the video card. My graphics card is an ati raedon 9500 pro (lol told you I'm running a fossil.)

But, I'm going to stick Yaz0r's latest release, plus a bunch of kh2 models on my flash stick and go take over my friend's computer (that is not in the stone age) later this week, so I'll see what happens then.

Heh, on an unrelated note, on my quest to get a textured version of destiny islands, I ended up using texmod with pcsx2 and kh (the kh textures are a higher resolution.). Texmod loaded like 2,000 of them. Egads! Good thing for the filtering option.

I also plan on using it on KH2 during the cutscene where kairi gets her keyblade, so I can grab the higher res texture of that as well.
yaz0r
beginner

Post by yaz0r »

I will modify next build to have more debug information and try to see where the issue comes from.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

Someone PMed me a little while back asking if it was possible to convert Kingdom Hearts animations to another, more usable format. Is that possible?