Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
speedycars
ultra-n00b

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [2011/BNK]

Post by speedycars »

Nice job, qwerty! 8D

Could it be possible to modify the script so it could identify the file type? Now all files are bins, and you have to manually open them one by one to figure out what's in it... :(

I'm interested in text files, so I could translate the game in my language (bulgarian by the way).

Good luck in exploring TDU2 formats! :) I'll watch this thread.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

bigBear, thanks for saving my sanity with that lol

for anyone planning to extract the big files using that script, i'm using my -under development- bnk extractor to see what kind of MESH filenames (3dg) exist in these bin-bnk files, and in which big files you can find them.

for example, you can use these text files to search for "veyron" and the line above the search results will tell you in which file geometry relative to veyron exists. that's another good step in the mess i guess...

in general, this is what's in the big files, as far as 3D models is concerned:

bigfile_RU_1 : avatars, human bodies, jewels clothes accessories and stuff
bigfile_RU_2 : islands sectors
bigfile_RU_3 : more island sectors...
bigfile_RU_4 : even more island sectors!
bigfile_RU_5 : finally, what we've all been waiting for, CARS! all car files, traffic files etc!

text files are coming soon, it takes some time to generate them... :D
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

here they are!

for speedycars, i decided to include all filenames from all bnk files so good luck finding your language text files ;)

so now everyone knows which files are into which bins. have fun! i'm already listening to some wav soundtracks 8)
bigfile_RU_1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

bigfile_RU_2&3.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

bigfile_RU_4&5.zip
bigBear
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by bigBear »

@vagos, no problem lol.
Someone needed to teach that guy a lesson for being an ultimate prick LOL

Its great to see you made time in craking these files.
Even its incomplete.
That game is just a few days out and you already pounded it in the ass haha.
Would it be possible to import the vehicles in 3DS?
And the textures, they seems to be 2db formats.
Can they be converted into dds or needs the model get imported first?

Cheers for the job, one you might know the full game formats, one day lol
And happy coding.
besweeet
n00b

Post by besweeet »

This is probably a very n00b question (hence my "ultra-noob" title), but how would one extract the contents out of the .bin files that are extracted from quickBMS? I just want to get the radio stations :).
Kane
n00b

Post by Kane »

Oh my GOD! :eek:

Atari did a lot of useless compressions, the game is still huge but "compressed" twice.
vagos21
veteran

Post by vagos21 »

@besweet: you can take the files out of the bin (bnk) files using a bnk extractor that i'm about to complete, if someone helps me that had already done this for TDU1, but he's not interested anymore. i extract the files correctly but their names are wrong for now, i wish i could fix it but... we'll see when i have more time

@bigBear: yes the 2db files are converted to dds automatically by the script i'm making to import the meshes into 3DS, but since the new format has a lot of different flavours inside it, it will take days until i realise what's going on in there. the CCXR screenshot you saw was pure luck that it worked, for some parts of the car it works for others not yet. as soon as i have something solid i'll post the script

cheers!
besweeet
n00b

Post by besweeet »

vagos21 wrote:@besweet: you can take the files out of the bin (bnk) files using a bnk extractor that i'm about to complete, if someone helps me that had already done this for TDU1, but he's not interested anymore. i extract the files correctly but their names are wrong for now, i wish i could fix it but... we'll see when i have more time

cheers!
Thanks! Any ETA? Or is it possible now? I just want the radio stations.
atagonis
ultra-n00b

Post by atagonis »

besweeet wrote:
vagos21 wrote:@besweet: you can take the files out of the bin (bnk) files using a bnk extractor that i'm about to complete, if someone helps me that had already done this for TDU1, but he's not interested anymore. i extract the files correctly but their names are wrong for now, i wish i could fix it but... we'll see when i have more time

cheers!
Thanks! Any ETA? Or is it possible now? I just want the radio stations.
I wrote a tool that extracts the music from the .bin files.

just do tdu2musicextract.exe <path to .bin files> <path to directory to put the music in>
besweeet
n00b

Post by besweeet »

Problem:

I initially extracted "bigfile_RU_5.map/.big" first, and all went well. The above error happens when trying to extract the first file.

Any ideas?
atagonis
ultra-n00b

Post by atagonis »

You only want the music right?

do quickbms.exe tdu2.bms F:\Games\Atari\TDU2\bigfile_RU_1.map F:\Games\Atari\TDU2\out
(assuming tdu2.bms is the name of the script file)

then use my tool

tdu2musicextract.exe F:\Games\Atari\TDU2\out F:\tdu2music
(you must create the tdu2music dir first ofc.)

You will then have all the music track files from the game. I got 47 files.
besweeet
n00b

Post by besweeet »

atagonis wrote:You only want the music right?

do quickbms.exe tdu2.bms F:\Games\Atari\TDU2\bigfile_RU_1.map F:\Games\Atari\TDU2\out
(assuming tdu2.bms is the name of the script file)

then use my tool

tdu2musicextract.exe F:\Games\Atari\TDU2\out F:\tdu2music
(you must create the tdu2music dir first ofc.)

You will then have all the music track files from the game. I got 47 files.
That's what I was going to do, but I can't get QuickBMS to extract the files from the first big file (giving QuickBMS the .map).
qwerty
advanced

Post by qwerty »

besweeet wrote:That's what I was going to do, but I can't get QuickBMS to extract the files from the first big file (giving QuickBMS the .map).
which version of the game you have? what's exact size (in bytes) of the bigfile_RU_1.big? can you attach your bigfile_RU_1.map file?