Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Krisan Thyme
advanced

Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files

Post by Krisan Thyme »

Mirrorman95 wrote:I eventually found out how to dump them myself. It turns out, I didn't modify the bat file correctly to map to the F drive instead of the E drive.
Ahhh~
Figures it'd be something like that. Oh well, glad it works for you now!
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

This program can extract any file, including the Tron and Nightmare keyblades. Falo's extractor couldn't even do that. If you can find the pathname, you have the file. I'm currently extracting the soundclips from Space Paranoids. Thank kkdf for epack1e!
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
Murodragon
advanced

Post by Murodragon »

i managed to extract some of the audio files from kh1 with Sora, Donald, and goofy, like Sora saying deep freeze! the things he says while hes in battle.. theres also a Japanese Sora too.... now only if i figured out how to rip the sounds from cut-scenes.... i cant get the map files cause my CD drive is screwed up :( Wish i could... seriously... that one pic in twilight town looks amazing... :eek:
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

I ripped sound files from KH2FM with, er... can't remember. One of those dumpers that dumps nearly anything. It was like 3 years ago though, I burned them onto a CD for safe keeping. The format was new to me, but I found a program that could open and convert them. I noticed that a lot of the files that were huge in size also had a negative bitrate (I think), or something, I'm going on a memory of three years ago. I think they were placed there to take up space, because I could never convert them.

I managed find all the clips of Sora's reunion speech with Riku, except for one stupid line. How annoying. :roll: There's also a few of sora grunting or huffing. Out of context and without the game showing what's going on, those sound so horribly horribly wrong. :mrgreen:

Oh, I also wanted to say thanks to kkdf2 for the map viewer and to Krisan! :)

I also found something I thought was interesting. Maybe it's no big deal, but i found it cool. The collision for first destiny island map (the secret place) seems to show the entire destiny island base map or mesh.. whatever you call it, minus the foliage layers and some objects.

I thought this was weird because that map was only used during the short clip at the very end, where Sora walks into the secret place. Yet, they used a collision base that was basically the entire island, and not just the part for the secret place.

At first I thought it was the mesh they used for Kairi's cutscene where we see the little island in the distance, but I noticed at least one difference. The collision has the mesh part for the vine that goes up between the two stairs/ramps/whatever on the giant tree, Kairi's cutscene island doesn't.

So... kinda interesting IMO.
Murodragon
advanced

Post by Murodragon »

SoftIce wrote:I ripped sound files from KH2FM with, er... can't remember. One of those dumpers that dumps nearly anything. It was like 3 years ago though, I burned them onto a CD for safe keeping. The format was new to me, but I found a program that could open and convert them. I noticed that a lot of the files that were huge in size also had a negative bitrate (I think), or something, I'm going on a memory of three years ago. I think they were placed there to take up space, because I could never convert them.

I managed find all the clips of Sora's reunion speech with Riku, except for one stupid line. How annoying. :roll: There's also a few of sora grunting or huffing. Out of context and without the game showing what's going on, those sound so horribly horribly wrong. :mrgreen:

Oh, I also wanted to say thanks to kkdf2 for the map viewer and to Krisan! :)

I also found something I thought was interesting. Maybe it's no big deal, but i found it cool. The collision for first destiny island map (the secret place) seems to show the entire destiny island base map or mesh.. whatever you call it, minus the foliage layers and some objects.

I thought this was weird because that map was only used during the short clip at the very end, where Sora walks into the secret place. Yet, they used a collision base that was basically the entire island, and not just the part for the secret place.

At first I thought it was the mesh they used for Kairi's cutscene where we see the little island in the distance, but I noticed at least one difference. The collision has the mesh part for the vine that goes up between the two stairs/ramps/whatever on the giant tree, Kairi's cutscene island doesn't.

So... kinda interesting IMO.
0_o holy crap... thats amazing... for the love of god i would love to rip saixs voice saying "If I had a heart, this would be where I die of laughter." im trying to rip some of the models from the cgi fmv sequence's XD hopefully it works XD lol...
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Murodragon wrote:0_o holy crap... thats amazing... for the love of god i would love to rip saixs voice saying "If I had a heart, this would be where I die of laughter." im trying to rip some of the models from the cgi fmv sequence's XD hopefully it works XD lol...
I know isn't it? It's all thanks to other people's hard work though. All I did was run their programs to find the files. So props to whoever created whatever dumper it was that I used to get those files. :D

I'll go through the sound files I have on my CD and see if I can find the one of Saix that you wanted. Hm, I'm pretty sure I saved all of them, but the ones that really interest me are Kairi's, Sora's, Riku's, Roxas's, Namine's and Axel's... but I think I saved everything that was convertible just because.

Does 'fmv' mean 'full motion video'? I'm so behind on the lingo these days. If you're talking about the cgi animated opening and ending sequences, you won't be able to rip any models from those, because they're pre-rendered and all there is is a video clip. if you mean just the video frames as jpg or bmp, I have copies of the opening and endings and I can send you a clip of the part that you want if you'd like.

I would love love LOVE to get my hands on the cgi models used in the opening and ending sequences though, as I'm sure every single fan in existence would as well. Delicious super extreme high poly-ness... I want.
Mirrorman95
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Mirrorman95 »

If you use PSound on KH2.IMG, provided you hit the stop button after the percentage goes from 76% back to 42%, which if left unchecked will copy the same files indefinitely, you can select, convert, and extract all the cutscene sounds and other sounds from the game as wav files. Same with Kingdom Hearts 1, only it does not repeat.
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. viewtopic.php?t=13424
philip92dk
advanced

Post by philip92dk »

how can i convert a py file to obj ?
Murodragon
advanced

Post by Murodragon »

yeah i would love to get my hands on those cgi models too they look amazing D:.. i could recall seeing a program to extract ff13 cgi models but i forgot what it was called... but anyways back on kh2, extracting the cutscene sounds and hearing Sora grunting without seeing what hes doing sounds wrong XDD lol i actually laughed.
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

What do you mean by CGI? You mean like the ending movie and that?
Murodragon
advanced

Post by Murodragon »

yeah like the little movies that square puts like in the intro and the end
ultimaespio
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by ultimaespio »

Oh my...You know they are recorded right? You can't capture from a recording.
Murodragon
advanced

Post by Murodragon »

Dx crap... oh well xDDDD
Murodragon
advanced

Post by Murodragon »

now if there was a map viewer for ard files which were kh1 map files D: that would be something... :3 i ripped some the cutscene audio from both games but they didnt get everything :( sadly..
SoftIce
veteran

Post by SoftIce »

Murodragon wrote:now if there was a map viewer for ard files which were kh1 map files D: that would be something... :3 i ripped some the cutscene audio from both games but they didnt get everything :( sadly..
Oh man, I want a KH map viewer too. The closest we can get is the giant destiny islands glitch where you can hop around in the air and run on the water. Best game glitch ever! :mrgreen: