Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Wii Brmdl Model Format

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Wii Brmdl Model Format

Post by RandomTBush »

Satoh wrote:So just to clarify this...

Brawlbox is a working converter for brmdl models that works on windows.

Correct? Did I read it wrong or is this solved and I can swipe models from TvC now?
Yes, BrawlBox is a working converter. However, there's a weird glitch where you have to preview the model before exporting it to get it to put the vertices in the right spot, but other than that, it works really well.

(Please excuse the few errors in the render. It's a rough pose I set up in a few minutes.)

So, yeah, you can get the models from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom now. :wink:
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

RandomTBush wrote:
Satoh wrote:So just to clarify this...

Brawlbox is a working converter for brmdl models that works on windows.

Correct? Did I read it wrong or is this solved and I can swipe models from TvC now?
Yes, BrawlBox is a working converter. However, there's a weird glitch where you have to preview the model before exporting it to get it to put the vertices in the right spot, but other than that, it works really well.

(Please excuse the few errors in the render. It's a rough pose I set up in a few minutes.)

So, yeah, you can get the models from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom now. :wink:
Yes, seems everything works fine. Just testing, from Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop:

Image Image

but, to do this we need at least four program :oops: + texture converter.
So maybe MrAdults have some ideas how to make converting process more shorter?
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

Now I just need to get a copy of Tatsunoko v Capcom... and figure out how to read the disc... and... figure out how to find the right models... I'm already 5% there!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Tosyk wrote:Yes, seems everything works fine. Just testing, from Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop:

Image Image

Well, what format would you need to convert the textures to? Because BrawlBox can convert them to PNG, TGA, TIFF, BMP, JPG or even GIF. If it's something like VTF, then yeah, you'd need another texture converter.

Anyway, glad you were able to get it working, because a few individuals at the SmashBoards who asked for my assistance never got it working, even when I gave them a step-by-step. :roll:
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

RandomTBush wrote:
Tosyk wrote:Yes, seems everything works fine. Just testing, from Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop:

Image Image

Well, what format would you need to convert the textures to? Because BrawlBox can convert them to PNG, TGA, TIFF, BMP, JPG or even GIF. If it's something like VTF, then yeah, you'd need another texture converter.

Anyway, glad you were able to get it working, because a few individuals at the SmashBoards who asked for my assistance never got it working, even when I gave them a step-by-step. :roll:
The tool is really awesome :mrgreen: But the problem is not in textures, tga it's perfect, problem is on 3 small additional program (i'm talking about mdl0headerfix.exe, mdl0matfix.exe and mdl0polyfix.exe).
Maybe there is a way insert them directly into the BrawlBox, because i need working with all this tools to converting model just one into dae-format.
One more thing: default exporting texture format is png, how can i change this to tga. Or maybe i can extract all textures in one/two click?
my blog | my forum
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Tosyk wrote:The tool is really awesome :mrgreen: But the problem is not in textures, tga it's perfect, problem is on 3 small additional program (i'm talking about mdl0headerfix.exe, mdl0matfix.exe and mdl0polyfix.exe).
Maybe there is a way insert them directly into the BrawlBox, because i need working with all this tools to converting model just one into dae-format.
One more thing: default exporting texture format is png, how can i change this to tga. Or maybe i can extract all textures in one/two click?
The only program out of those three that needs to be used to be able to export models is MDL0HeaderFix.exe. The other two (MDL0PolyFix.exe and MDL0MatFix.exe) are only used for converting the models so that they can be used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so you don't really need to run those.

And as for extracting all of the textures at once, you can click on the top where it has the red icon with "BRES" on it and the name of the file and select "Export All". That will extract all of the textures (in PNG, though) and the MDL0 file into a folder of your choice. If you want them in TGA, just select one texture at a time (which might be tedious for models with several textures and put ".TGA" at the end. I'll see if I know how the source code works and make it export to TGAs by default.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

RandomTBush wrote:
Tosyk wrote:The tool is really awesome :mrgreen: But the problem is not in textures, tga it's perfect, problem is on 3 small additional program (i'm talking about mdl0headerfix.exe, mdl0matfix.exe and mdl0polyfix.exe).
The only program out of those three that needs to be used to be able to export models is MDL0HeaderFix.exe. The other two (MDL0PolyFix.exe and MDL0MatFix.exe) are only used for converting the models so that they can be used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so you don't really need to run those.

And as for extracting all of the textures at once, you can click on the top where it has the red icon with "BRES" on it and the name of the file and select "Export All". That will extract all of the textures (in PNG, though) and the MDL0 file into a folder of your choice. If you want them in TGA, just select one texture at a time (which might be tedious for models with several textures and put ".TGA" at the end. I'll see if I know how the source code works and make it export to TGAs by default.
Only grate news today :D Thank you.
my blog | my forum
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Satoh wrote:Now I just need to get a copy of Tatsunoko v Capcom... and figure out how to read the disc... and... figure out how to find the right models... I'm already 5% there!
I can upload all extracted characters from Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars.
my blog | my forum
grotesque
advanced

Post by grotesque »

Tosyk wrote:...I can upload all extracted characters from Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars.
With bones??? :D
Sorry bad english, I'm italian!
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

grotesque wrote:
Tosyk wrote:...I can upload all extracted characters from Tatsunoko Vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars.
With bones??? :D
of course, with bones, source models only. You need only convert them.
my blog | my forum
grotesque
advanced

Post by grotesque »

But for convert I have to use linux, it's right?
I'm new about this "work", sorry :roll:
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

grotesque wrote:But for convert I have to use linux, it's right?
I'm new about this "work", sorry :roll:
I don't know about Linux, because i'm windows user, so i can include all necessary tools (all for windows):

FPKextractor.exe - for extracting .fpk files
BrawlBox - for open and converting .brres files
mdl0headerfix.exe - for fixing header of .brres files

1. extract .fpk files of character that you want to convert
2. open .brres file of character with small app mdl0headerfix.exe to modifying it header. For example:

Code: Select all

\chr\bat\0000_fpk\chr\bat\0000.brres
3. open .brres with BrawlBox
4. Export all stuff you need from BrawlBox by clicking Right Mouse on what you want to convert. For example, model (sorry for non-English windows :P ):
5. you get .dae model with bones and textures

Alex

Add:
All characters and programs
my blog | my forum
grotesque
advanced

Post by grotesque »

Thanks Tosyk, downloading now :mrgreen:

EDIT:

I have a little problem, I think is a mdl0headerfix.exe problem.
I run this program only with double click, and after a little program close.
In 3ds max I see .dae like this
Satoh
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Satoh »

Use the mdl0headerfix program on the brres file, not the DAE.

I've noticed some models don't like to load in Maya. Zero doesn't want to open, but I suppose that's fine since I have his X8 model anyway.

In Maya, I don't know if it's true for max or not, but the models have broken skeletons. The rigging is lost upon loading in Maya.

This is all about TvC I should mention. In any case: Thank you very much Tosyk.
Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

grotesque wrote:Thanks Tosyk, downloading now :mrgreen:

EDIT:

I have a little problem, I think is a mdl0headerfix.exe problem.
I run this program only with double click, and after a little program close.
In 3ds max I see .dae like this
I think there is no problem here, you need select all in scene, delete first frame of animation (it help hide bounding boxes) and zooming what you have in scene.

NOTE: When I import to 3d max from collada .dae I see the same what you see.
my blog | my forum