Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

new AION .pak file format.need help!

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
xenofixus
ultra-n00b

Re: new AION .pak file format.need help!

Post by xenofixus »

xenofixus wrote:I was wondering if someone could possibly give me some information on why the pak2zip.py does not work on all the .pak files. I was told by one person that it does not work on .pak files containing language files. I don't really see why this would be a problem but I would appreciate an explanation about the limitations of it and perhaps a way to get the script working again, or an easy to use command line alternative.
Rick wrote:Yes it does, there was a newer version posted that fixed the bugs regarding those files.
I am using the version posted on page 7 (version 0.4) and still having this problem.

I am using python26 (also tested with 25) and version 0.4 of roxfan's script.
I am running on windows 7.
My Aion is version 1.5.0.7 of the US retail.

It works for some files but not all. An example file it does not work with is \Aion\L10N\1_enu.pak
Rick

Post by Rick »

0.4 works fine for me on 1_enu.pak.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
xenofixus
ultra-n00b

Post by xenofixus »

Rick wrote:0.4 works fine for me on 1_enu.pak.
Is the 0.4 on page 7 not right? (I redownloaded it)

Also, I am using the .py file using this .bat I wrote (for easy drag-n-drop)

Code: Select all

set _=%1
set _=%_:.pak=.zip%
cd /d %0\..
"C:\Program Files\Python26\pythonw.exe" "pak2zip.py" %1 %_%
however I still get the same problem when using it via an administrator command prompt.

Would you mind throwing up what you have for 0.4? Maybe I am missing something obvious here.

I also know someone else having the exact same problem as me using version 0.4 from page 7.
If it matters, the file I get is approx 44 KB and while I can browse it with winrar (7zip gives me an error) extracting anything will give me an archive corrupted error.
Hronos
ultra-n00b

Post by Hronos »

I have the same Windows 7 and pak2zip works correctly with the file 1_enu.pak from client version 1.5.0.7
Only the command line is not written the path to your python, only "pak2zip.py 1_enu.pak 1_enu.zip"
xenofixus
ultra-n00b

Post by xenofixus »

I really have no idea, its kind of annoying. >>

EDIT: I got it working, need to run it with Python.exe rather than Pythonw.exe

Rather simple mistake. :D
Hronos
ultra-n00b

Post by Hronos »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
dabosh
ultra-n00b

Post by dabosh »

Hi!

I remeber in la2 there was file called systemmsg-e.dat and it got all data about how and where to show dmg/buf/dots in your chat window. So i was thinking about the same in aion, i rly hate those long lines and i want to make them more easy readable, but the problem is i don't know how it's called in aion?? Hope to see this thread updated a lot more. :)
Rick

Post by Rick »

It's probably in client_strings.xml.
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
dabosh
ultra-n00b

Post by dabosh »

And if i can ask one more question, what's the best soft for openening .xml files? I have tryed Gibbed.Aion.ConvertXml after that opening with notepad but no changes. And guys, you are doing a great job, but if you could add simple readfirst.txt file, it would be a lot easier for you guys answering my question, and for us (noob users) aswell :roll:
Spamhugger
ultra-n00b

Post by Spamhugger »

caspersus wrote:
Katadin wrote:
caspersus wrote:A small teaser before I go to bed :P

How did you load the texture? When I try it gives an error it can't load it (but seems to open fine in various .dds viewers).
Copy the textures to same folder as the mesh and convert em to .jpg format :P If you want transparency, save .dds as .tga
How did you pull this off? I'm using 3D Object Converter 4.40 and I can't get the texture to load. And I've tried it as a DDS, uncompressed DDS, JPG, TGA, and BMP - all in the same directory as the mesh.

Unless there is a specific button in 3D Objector Converter I am failing to see, but I'm pretty sure I tried pushing everything.
robbyjenson
ultra-n00b

Post by robbyjenson »

I hate to bump a thread that hasn't been replied to in weeks, but I do have a question about the extracted files.

Say I want to convert them to another format that is more compatible with standard 3D modeling software (such as 3DS Max, Maya). I've done a CGF to 3DS conversion, but when I try to load a TGA texture, which looks excellent on the CGF, it looks messed up when applied to the 3DS file.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
Shira
ultra-n00b

Post by Shira »

Rick wrote:
nicoli_s wrote:any chance you'd be willing to share the format specification for it? i'm pretty close as it is, just not sure what the 03, 02, bytes do
http://svn.slurm.us/public/aion/trunk/
Is this still available somewhere else?