Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

new AION .pak file format.need help!

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
blacklotus
ultra-n00b

Re: new AION .pak file format.need help!

Post by blacklotus »

Laos wrote:Did anybody manage to decrypt these files with .xml extension, but which in fact are not xml files, when opened ?
I can't find how to decrypt thoses files ... if someone know how to :)
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

If you look at the xml files in a hex editor all they did was pas the file with 00 on every other byte.
it is in plain text and easy to read / edit.
Katadin
n00b

Post by Katadin »

Its because its encoded as UTF-16/Unicode.
Laos
ultra-n00b

Post by Laos »

It's not only unicode. Second part of file is binary data.
Mark
n00b

Post by Mark »

I don't know if this will help you guys with the XML files, but here's an executable I found in one of the .pak files. It doesn't seem to do anything, but judging by its name it must do something... :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

any plans to make this work with the english client? can be downloaded here ftp://ftp.aiononline.com/client/
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

actually, it seems to work just fine with the english client, anyone else had any success with the encrypted part of the xml files?
iamhere
ultra-n00b

Post by iamhere »

Thanks to this awesome topic I've suceeded to export everything from the client. I've managed to open everything except animations. Anyone have a clue how to convert or view the animations? They are .caf extensions, I have no clue what that is.

Would be really pleased if someone could help, I'd actually pay for a converter if you make one.
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

you figured out the proprietary xml format?
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

iamhere wrote:Thanks to this awesome topic I've suceeded to export everything from the client. I've managed to open everything except animations. Anyone have a clue how to convert or view the animations? They are .caf extensions, I have no clue what that is.

Would be really pleased if someone could help, I'd actually pay for a converter if you make one.
What did you use to unpack the pak files? I tried RPGViewer 3.0 with the Chinese client, but all the extracted files were 0kb. Any ideas?
iamhere
ultra-n00b

Post by iamhere »

Theran wrote:
iamhere wrote:Thanks to this awesome topic I've suceeded to export everything from the client. I've managed to open everything except animations. Anyone have a clue how to convert or view the animations? They are .caf extensions, I have no clue what that is.

What did you use to unpack the pak files? I tried RPGViewer 3.0 with the Chinese client, but all the extracted files were 0kb. Any ideas?

Currently RPGViewer doesn't support higher version than AION_Setup_0.9.0.0. You've probably installed AION_Setup_0.9.5.0.
Theran
beginner

Post by Theran »

iamhere wrote:
Theran wrote:

Currently RPGViewer doesn't support higher version than AION_Setup_0.9.0.0. You've probably installed AION_Setup_0.9.5.0.
Probably so. Though I did manage to setup that python script to work, so I did get to convert them to zip and extract them. Been going over the cgf files to try to figure out their format.
Rick

Post by Rick »

http://gib.me/aion/ConvertXml.zip

Really makes it obvious why they went with their binary XML format (client_items.xml goes from ~12MB to ~115MB).
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.
nicoli_s
advanced

Post by nicoli_s »

any chance you'd be willing to share the format specification for it? i'm pretty close as it is, just not sure what the 03, 02, bytes do
Rick

Post by Rick »

nicoli_s wrote:any chance you'd be willing to share the format specification for it? i'm pretty close as it is, just not sure what the 03, 02, bytes do
http://svn.slurm.us/public/aion/trunk/
https://blog.gib.me/

Don't ask me about localization tools; if you don't have the resources to develop them yourself you don't need them.