Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

new AION .pak file format.need help!

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
roxfan
n00b

Re: new AION .pak file format.need help!

Post by roxfan »

Frigo wrote:The python script fails for Sounds_music.pak. Could you check why?
Worked for me. Are you using the second version of the script? Does it fail on other .pak files too? What is your CrySystem.dll version?
Jeram wrote: When I try to run it, I get this error =o.

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\pak2zip.py", line 57, in <module>
    "\x2f\x5d\x51\xf7\x01\xe9\xb4\x93\x4e\x51\x81\x3e\xaf\x3f\xdf\x99"
TypeError: an integer is required
What is your Python version? I tested on 2.5 and it should work on 2.6. It will not work on 3.0.
Jeram
ultra-n00b

Post by Jeram »

Thanks for your quick reply, I'll download ver. 2.5 then :)
caspersus
n00b

Post by caspersus »

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

Are you saying that we might get a hold of the meshes, textures and animations? This sounds really really good :) Any idea what format the meshes are?
Katadin
n00b

Post by Katadin »

A version of the Crysis model format that doesn't seem to be recognised in any importers I've tried for 3DSMax or Blender. If I recall they're mainly CGF files (Crytek).

Haven't really bothered looking into much of the Aion stuff for now, mainly due to Wotlk (damn you blizzard) and the fact the NA/EU version of Aion isn't out for months yet. Would love to be able to use the models though :)
caspersus
n00b

Post by caspersus »

pixellegolas wrote:Are you saying that we might get a hold of the meshes, textures and animations? This sounds really really good :) Any idea what format the meshes are?
They are in .cah format ... Which I never heard :P

You can already extract textures with the python script posted in this thread. Not sure bout animations, I didnt checked those.
Textures are in .DDS format, so its no problem to open/edit em.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

there is an offline hack so you can enter the character select screen and rip some models. But, i cannot access weapons or other model armors and such :) So, some DDS textures i already have, even specular and normals.

Hope to see some progress of this beautiful game
caspersus
n00b

Post by caspersus »

I have the hack that enables me to access character creation locally, but how do you rip the models from there ???
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

I use 3d VIA printscreen. It captures dx8, dx9 and opengl stuff. The bad thing is it creates flat .png files instead of .dds with alpha channel. And you always have to do some welding on the objects.

Oh, 3d via printscreen only rips to .3dxml and there is a plugin for max that imports this. A guy named KOICHISENADA posted it here in the forums last week.
roxfan
n00b

Post by roxfan »

Thanks for the sample, caspersus. Turns out it was just uncompressed data (I was assuming it's always compressed). Made some adjustments to handle it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caspersus
n00b

Post by caspersus »

pixellegolas wrote:I use 3d VIA printscreen. It captures dx8, dx9 and opengl stuff. The bad thing is it creates flat .png files instead of .dds with alpha channel. And you always have to do some welding on the objects.

Oh, 3d via printscreen only rips to .3dxml and there is a plugin for max that imports this. A guy named KOICHISENADA posted it here in the forums last week.
I've downloaded and installed that program, but it doesnt work at all for me :P Dunno why ~~
caspersus
n00b

Post by caspersus »

roxfan wrote:Thanks for the sample, caspersus. Turns out it was just uncompressed data (I was assuming it's always compressed). Made some adjustments to handle it.
Thanks for the fast update, script works flawless now :P

I managed to extract the meshes pak and it contains few types of files:

.cal file - which it seems to be an index of the animation for the respective character (in this case elyos female)
.phy files - which contain some skeleton info (bones and stuff)
.cai file - somewhat similar to psy, contains the bones names
.cgf files - which is encoded somewhat, so I dont really know what it does. btw, there is a cfg file for each hair type, accessorry typ etc.
.saf file - also encoded, I dont know what is good for :P

I attached a small archive with 1 of each files if anyone is interested in looking into them:
http://rapidshare.com/files/172210683/Mesh_Files.rar
Last edited by caspersus on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
pixellegolas
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by pixellegolas »

You dhould make sure you have teh right button first :) Then make sure you run in a window mode.

I looked on the net about model files. .CGF files are cryengine models. Tried an importer for max but did not work. That was a hit in the face :)
caspersus
n00b

Post by caspersus »

pixellegolas wrote:You dhould make sure you have teh right button first :) Then make sure you run in a window mode.

I looked on the net about model files. .CGF files are cryengine models. Tried an importer for max but did not work. That was a hit in the face :)
Still doesnt work. Running in window mode, using the default F10 for capturing. Nothing happends when I press it -.-

Edit: This proggie http://web.axelero.hu/karpo/ can open the .cgf files :P Unfortunatelly, it cannot export em (unless you buy a license) ~.~
caspersus
n00b

Post by caspersus »

A small teaser before I go to bed :P