Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Fatal Frame Character Models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Tennyo
n00b

Fatal Frame Character Models

Post by Tennyo »

I know that there have been people who have managed to get the textures for this game before. But the tread is several months old and despite my best efforts, I'm still a novice when it comes to doing this myself, and without a tutorial that my brain will comprehend, I don't think that I will. (But I'll keep trying)

I'm hoping to get the character models from the fatal frame games. Miku, Mafuyu, Mio, Mayu, Rei, and Kei. I'd like to get Chitose from Fatal Frame 2 as well but if it's so much of a hassle, then kicking her to the curb will be fine.

If need be, I can provide ripped DVD Image files of the game to be used, or if anyone is willing to help, maybe I can do it myself, with someone giving me an idea on what I'm supposed to do :/

Thanks in advance.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Well, you can't put up the DVD isos as that falls into the category of warez. You could provide some of the data files though that contain models or if they aren't in a data file that would be good.
Tennyo
n00b

Post by Tennyo »

I'll grab the data files then and upload them. I'm not 100% sure big they'll be. Should I leave the data files named as the files they're originally? Or rename them so you can tell what data cab came from which game?
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

You could just archive them and name the ZIP or RAR you put them in and title it thusly. I kinda think it's better to keep the files as they are, and compression with RAR or ZIP tends to decrease download time. Just make sure it's the data file(s) containing the models.
Tennyo
n00b

Post by Tennyo »

To make sure that I don't send out the wrong ones, how can I check to see which of the data files have the models? Or should I make an assumption? Usually for these games there is only 1 data file, but it's relatively large.
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

Yeah, I know those. In that case I guess there is little choice but to ZIP/RAR it and upload somewhere. Possibly in parts. In any which case the one big datafile may have with it another file with the same name but smaller correct?
fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by fatduck »

Alternatively, you can post a list of files inside the DVD with their name and size detail.

If I were you, I would just cut some files and upload straight away rather than spending two/three days asking what files should you upload!?

You see, people lost thier interest easily and quickly!
Tennyo
n00b

Post by Tennyo »

I didn't spend 2 to three days asking what files I was supposed to upload, I -do- have a job that I work, and I also, alternatively, did not have access to the forums due to some unforseen error. So back off.
Tennyo
n00b

Post by Tennyo »

- Files Within Fatal Frame 1 -
IMG_HD.BIN - 14.8KB
LIBSD.IRX - 25.6KB
MCSERV.IRX - 6.68KB
SDRDRV.IRX - 6.63kb
SIO2MAN.IRX - 6.01kb
SYSTEM - 54 bytes
MCMAN.IRX - 87.5kb
PADMAN.IRX - 42.8 kb
IOPRP224.IMG - 196kb
IOPSYS.IRX - 379kb
SLUS_203.88 - 7.46mb
IMG_BD.BIN - 1.07GB

(Folders - Movie, Movie2)
(These contain several cutscenes from the game)

- Files Within Fatal Frame 2 -
System - 59 bytes
ZERO2IRX.HIL - 128 bytes
ICON.sys - 964 Bytes
DMY_FILE.IRX (Possible PS2 Memorycard Writefile?) 3.38 KB
ZERO2IRX.DIL - 221 KB
IOPRP280.IMG - 263 KB
DMY_FILE.MAP - 1.05 MB
SLUS_207.66 - 4.05 MB
DMY_FILE.PSS - 10.4 MB
IMG_BD.BIN - 2.27 GB

- Files Within Fatal Frame 3 -
ZEROIRX.HIL - 128 Bytes
IOPRP300.IMG - 268 KB
Zero3.FHD - 278 KB
ZeroIRX.DIL - 225KB
SLUS_212.44 - 2.48MB
IMG_BD.BIN - 2.32 GB

Logically speaking the only files I know of that may have the data I'm looking for are the largest files within the DVD, I could be wrong however, which is why I had originally asked for a suggestion as to what to look for.

Currently I'm working on getting them zipped/rarred up, but with as large as the files are it's taking a generous amount of time.
fatduck
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by fatduck »

I guss all the data you needed were in those ".bin" files(the big onces).

Use the file cutter(you can found it in the forum) to cut it down in parts and upload it here.
Tennyo
n00b

Post by Tennyo »

All right here's another quick question, what's the file limitation on uploads? So I know what to split the file into and what size they have to be.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

lol, it's 256kb if i recall correctly.
Tennyo
n00b

Post by Tennyo »

That in general is going to be a LOT of fucking files if I upload it here... looks like I get to upload it to hosting server...
Darkfox
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by Darkfox »

There is quite a choice to choose from out there.

megaupload and yousendit work well enough.
Tennyo
n00b

Post by Tennyo »

I haven't died yet. I'm using Megaupload for the files, but it's taking an exceedingly long time for them to upload, I compressed them to the best I could, (one is at 800 MB instead of 1.2 GB) but it's still taking time. I'll post the links as soon as they're done.