Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

NARAKA: BLADEPOINT

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
GDL
veteran

Re: NARAKA: BLADEPOINT

Post by GDL »

Lyws wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:45 pm
GDL wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:28 pm
Lyws wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:19 pm Thanks a lot for the bms script provided by Spiritovod, I also managed to extract most of the model of the game. But the faces and hair of the characters, etc. I searched all the documents and couldn't find them. So I'm hoping someone can figure out a way to open these hashed files, any help would be greatly appreciated!
I was able to see the hair in previous versions of the game, however in order to do so I had to open the WHOLE folder (NarakaBladepoint_Data) with AS after using the bms script to modify the headers of all the files, this way AS seems to link all the files in a way that made other assets available, I wanted to confirm this with newer versions of the game but AS crashes as the game grew too much and my PC has not enough RAM to handle it now (only 34GB).

If you know how to use DepotDownloader you can try to download previous versions of the game from Steam and check it out on your end.
I used bms to modify all the files in the <NarakaBladepoint_Data> folder according to the method you said (although some problems were encountered in the process, such as when those hash files were modified with bms, the cmd would be stuck and it must be Restart cmd to return to normal, and bms did not modify those hash files successfully). Still, I tried loading only the files 0, 1, 2, 3...a, b, c, etc. into AS, but that still filled my computer's memory. It seems that my computer's memory (64G) is not enough either.
Thanks for this method!
yeah, the bms script gets stuck for me too whne I use it like that so the way I do it now is to use a hex editor to locate only the files with the specific header that needs to be modified to create a list that is then used to create a batch file that will call quickbms.exe to modify each file, one at a time per line of the list so it doesnt gets stuck in the middle somewhere. I'm still not sure why the cmd line gets stuck in the middle of searching for which files to modify.
Spiritovod
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Spiritovod »

I've updated the script with additional check, it will now process only compatible files, so you can use it on the whole game folder. Though it's better to check if you have all files unmodified before doing so, otherwise you may get mixed output - since the script can automatically convert compatible files in both directions, already converted ones would be re-converted back to original state.
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

Lyws wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:19 pm Thanks a lot for the bms script provided by Spiritovod, I also managed to extract most of the model of the game. But the faces and hair of the characters, etc. I searched all the documents and couldn't find them. So I'm hoping someone can figure out a way to open these hashed files, any help would be greatly appreciated!
I was able to see the hair in previous versions of the game, however in order to do so I had to open the WHOLE folder (NarakaBladepoint_Data) with AS after using the bms script to modify the headers of all the files, this way AS seems to link all the files in a way that made other assets available, I wanted to confirm this with newer versions of the game but AS crashes as the game grew too much and my PC has not enough RAM to handle it now (only 34GB).

If you know how to use DepotDownloader you can try to download previous versions of the game from Steam and check it out on your end.
I used bms to modify all the files in the <NarakaBladepoint_Data> folder according to the method you said (although some problems were encountered in the process, such as when those hash files were modified with bms, the cmd would be stuck and it must be Restart cmd to return to normal, and bms did not modify those hash files successfully). Still, I tried loading only the files 0, 1, 2, 3...a, b, c, etc. into AS, but that still filled my computer's memory. It seems that my computer's memory (64G) is not enough either.
Thanks for this method!
I found the way around the memory limitation and the hairs:
naraka.jpg
All I did was to manually activate the page file in Windows and set the lower and upper limit to something ludicrous like 256GB, then I used AS to load the whole NarakaBladepoint_Data folder, it took between 15-20 mins to load everything and the final memory usage was an impressive 148GB (4GB Windows system, 24GB RAM and 120GB of virtual memory (page file)), so unless you have a PC with around 128GB+ of RAM you can use this method to load the whole game, AS will map/link all the files and expose stuff that doesn't show up when you load individual files, I'm still investigating if this includes the files that have no Unity header.

The funny thing is that I had Windows 10 using the dynamic page file allocation thinking it would automatically use/increase the page file on it's own but it didn't and it was causing the PC to crash/freeze, so . . . yeah, screw you Micro$oft!

This method can be used to accomplish the same for the MiHoyo games and the custom version of AS that exclusively loads/decrypts the assets of those games (HI3, GI, SR, ZZZ, ToT, etc.)

Cheers :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lyws
ultra-n00b

Post by Lyws »

GDL wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:24 am

Thanks for this method!
I found the way around the memory limitation and the hairs:

naraka.jpg

All I did was to manually activate the page file in Windows and set the lower and upper limit to something ludicrous like 256GB, then I used AS to load the whole NarakaBladepoint_Data folder, it took between 15-20 mins to load everything and the final memory usage was an impressive 148GB (4GB Windows system, 24GB RAM and 120GB of virtual memory (page file)), so unless you have a PC with around 128GB+ of RAM you can use this method to load the whole game, AS will map/link all the files and expose stuff that doesn't show up when you load individual files, I'm still investigating if this includes the files that have no Unity header.

The funny thing is that I had Windows 10 using the dynamic page file allocation thinking it would automatically use/increase the page file on it's own but it didn't and it was causing the PC to crash/freeze, so . . . yeah, screw you Micro$oft!

This method can be used to accomplish the same for the MiHoyo games and the custom version of AS that exclusively loads/decrypts the assets of those games (HI3, GI, SR, ZZZ, ToT, etc.)

Cheers :D
Do you mean to set enough virtual memory? In addition, the hair in the picture is not what I want, because this hair belongs to a special character's hair, so I can also see him in a separate file.
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

Do you mean to set enough virtual memory? In addition, the hair in the picture is not what I want, because this hair belongs to a special character's hair, so I can also see him in a separate file.
Yeah, just set upwards of 128GB of virtual memory and AS should have no problem loading all the assets.
Dreamyst
ultra-n00b

Post by Dreamyst »

Managed to get most of the files and stuff working thanks to the script and advice in here, but also having issues with hair. Seems like with the exception of Yotohime, all the hair files are stored in a .json format. (e.g. hair_xx_mesh_data.json) I could be totally wrong about this since I'm new to a lot of this and been struggling my way through porting stuff, but I'm at a loss here for how to convert them into something usabl if this is the case.
yureha
ultra-n00b

Post by yureha »

Thanks to this thread I've been able to load a majority of folders with high return rates on assets!! I''ve moved on to exporting models and reapplying their textures. Most of the textures are suffixed with an underscore--letter(s) i.e., _d, _e, _n... etc. I've discerned that d= diffuse/ basic color map | e = overlay for d | n = normal | but there's one that's suffixed _mrav that I don't know where it falls when adding nodes to generate the intended effect.

Any help is much appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spiritovod
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Spiritovod »

@yureha: MRA usually stands for metallic / roughness / ambient occlusion (per channel). Not sure about last component, if any, it can be anything without knowing context.
misakacirno
ultra-n00b

Post by misakacirno »

Thanks to all of you who made the research, so I'll share some of my results as well.

First, the file names don't seem to update with version updates, so each role has its own corresponding unique file with the owner's developer name, as follows:
[File path //CharaterName - Developer Name]
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\0\2\02cdc35ab30923ae //JUSTINA GU - ch_f_ming_xiakenv
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\1\1\114ff916cef55570 //YUESHAN - ch_m_ming_guanningtieqi
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\4\5\455ac2f9f73a0fd7 //TEMULCH - ch_m_hunni_caoyuan
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\4\5\458d5f2a8702bc47 //VIPER NING - ch_f_ming_mangjianke
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\6\6\660019f01e306713 //TSUCHIMIKADO KURUMI - ch_f_japan_onmyoji
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\7\8\7843c767bcde0a70 //TIANHAI - ch_m_ming_youseng
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\7\d\7d94d92897d908a5 //MATARI - ch_f_hanhaimomin
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\8\d\8da6fc28a4515b49 //TARKA JI - ch_m_ming_haoxia
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\b\5\b5b23935abf9e806 //VALDA CUI - ch_f_ming_haikou
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\7\c\7c4474c5e6049afa //YOTO HIME - ch_f_japan_yaodaoji
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\b\7\b78a41f8bba78ae1 //ZIPING YIN ch_f_ming_yinziping
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\2\4\2441ea454a301acb //WUCHEN - ch_m_ming_wuchen
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\5\9\594d65f2a40a7cfb //TAKEDA NOBUTADA - ch_m_japan_samurai

NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\8\5\856be160c505fae1 //male hair
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\5\c\5cedc31e92481709 //female hair
NARAKA BLADEPOINT\NarakaBladepoint_Data\StreamingAssets\8\d\8dd55936f71e18d2 //male and female face
About how to find what file is you want, just open it,and search keyword.
There is a tool can be helpful: FileLocator Pro
It can search from a folder, and show all files result.
anitman
ultra-n00b

Post by anitman »

I ran the script and get the error information, does that mean the file has already incompatible with the script?

- open input file C:\quickbms\7d94d92897d908a5
- open script naraka_convert.bms

- error in src\quickbms.c line 1513: quickbms_main()
Error: No such file or directory
coverage file 0 0% 0 435430740 . offset 00000000
brilliantfizzhhh
ultra-n00b

Post by brilliantfizzhhh »

:( How do I match model and texture by file names? I haven't see the rule of file naming.
asilover
ultra-n00b

Post by asilover »

the naraka_convert_v2.bms still work for recent version of naraka bladepoint. I just got the mesh and texture.
Drawing
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Drawing »

Did anyone succed in getting a complete character?
Lyws
ultra-n00b

Post by Lyws »

Drawing wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:14 am Did anyone succed in getting a complete character?
Because the face mesh cannot be obtained by decompression, my current method is to intercept the face mesh through ninja and then manually stitch it on the body in blender to get a complete character. Because the facial makeup in the game is superimposed and mixed through multiple mask textures, so my method can only restore the effect of the game as much as possible, and cannot restore 100%.
QuarterCircleWack
ultra-n00b

Post by QuarterCircleWack »

Lyws wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:31 pm
Drawing wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:14 am Did anyone succed in getting a complete character?
Because the face mesh cannot be obtained by decompression, my current method is to intercept the face mesh through ninja and then manually stitch it on the body in blender to get a complete character. Because the facial makeup in the game is superimposed and mixed through multiple mask textures, so my method can only restore the effect of the game as much as possible, and cannot restore 100%.
I can't seem to get Ninja Ripper to work with blade point, but that might be because I'm using the Xbox App version. How'd you get ninja ripper to work with it?