Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by mono24 »

mithkr67 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:18 pm Any idea, why the 6 tail bones (see attached picture) are not connected to animation bones and therefore not follow the animation. The tail sticks to the same position when horse is moving.Horse animation.jpg
Those are physics bones if i remember correctly, only supported in-game during play, you must re-parent them to the main skeleton, in order to get them moved around with the actor, but they will still have no animation applied to them i think, i kind of forgot how that goes to be honest.
Unless you missed a step during setup?
Kyoon
n00b

Post by Kyoon »

I'm trying to extract voices from the PC version but it seems Decima-Explorer can't extract everything, is there any tool that can help extract sound/voices files from the .bin files?
Caia
ultra-n00b

Post by Caia »

Trying to extract the Tallneck.

I've followed the instructions up to the part where you have to
"run <the tool> on template file <snip> So you have .animskel file".

No .animskel appears however, and I have no idea what's causing it to fail. The template file in question is comgiraffetemplate.core, if anyone could help I'd really appretiate it!
Blorbster
n00b

Post by Blorbster »

oake wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:48 pm I'm trying to extract voices from the PC version but it seems Decima-Explorer can't extract everything, is there any tool that can help extract sound/voices files from the .bin files?
I wrote some Python scripts to do this, you can get those here.
Kyoon
n00b

Post by Kyoon »

Blorbster wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:18 am
oake wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:48 pm I'm trying to extract voices from the PC version but it seems Decima-Explorer can't extract everything, is there any tool that can help extract sound/voices files from the .bin files?
Thanks, it helped extract the languages.bin files, but I can't extract the sounds with "sentence_dumper.py", they are all ".stream" files not ".core", sentence_dumper does nothing at all.
But it worked fine with a "wav scanner" script, sounds are working fine
Blorbster
n00b

Post by Blorbster »

oake wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:40 pm
Thanks, it helped extract the languages.bin files, but I can't extract the sounds with "sentence_dumper.py", they are all ".stream" files not ".core", sentence_dumper does nothing at all.
The .core files contain metadata (filenames, etc.) for the .stream files, and you should be able to extract the .cores normally with Decima Explorer without using the scripts. Glad it helped though!
Kyoon
n00b

Post by Kyoon »

Blorbster wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:04 am
oake wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:40 pm

The .core files contain metadata (filenames, etc.) for the .stream files, and you should be able to extract the .cores normally with Decima Explorer without using the scripts. Glad it helped though!
I mean there's no .core file at all in the 3 "language".bin and your scripts or Decima Explorer can't extract the .stream files (or I didn't find how)
But I still succeeded in extracting them, that's the main point. Unfortunately all sounds in .stream files have no "name" having thousands of sounds from Aloy without knowing what is what is kind of painful, but at least it's kind of well organized contrary to some games like Assassin's Creed

Edit: I totally forgot about the .core extracted from the main .bin files. Is it possible to extract the .stream using the .core file and getting names from each sound in the .stream file?
voidrayer
ultra-n00b

Post by voidrayer »

Hello I'm attempting to extract the model and textures of Aloy's spear and war bow. What directory are they located in?
Blorbster
n00b

Post by Blorbster »

oake wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:18 pm Edit: I totally forgot about the .core extracted from the main .bin files. Is it possible to extract the .stream using the .core file and getting names from each sound in the .stream file?
Yep, that's what sentence_dumper.py does. If you have the .core files extracted from the main .bins in the same folder as their matching .streams, you should just need to run sentence_dumper on the .core and it will locate the .streams automatically and dump from them.
Kyoon
n00b

Post by Kyoon »

Blorbster wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:29 pm
oake wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:18 pm Edit: I totally forgot about the .core extracted from the main .bin files. Is it possible to extract the .stream using the .core file and getting names from each sound in the .stream file?
Yep, that's what sentence_dumper.py does. If you have the .core files extracted from the main .bins in the same folder as their matching .streams, you should just need to run sentence_dumper on the .core and it will locate the .streams automatically and dump from them.
It didn't work for me when I tried so I thought it wasn't possible, but I understood why it didn't work. I chose a different "hzd_root_path" because I just wanted to extract the voices separately and it messed up everything with the script
Sounds with name is a blessing, thank you. Too bad there're many games where it's not possible
victortrifan
ultra-n00b

Post by victortrifan »

Juanrc wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:23 am
HowdyNeighbor wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:52 pm Howdy, forum lurker here. Stumbled upon this tool a couple of months ago with the goal of generating 3D-printable meshes for personal use, ideally in poses according to exciting "action stances" from animation files.

I've worked via trial & error through everything up to just after daemon's Step 4:
daemon1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 pm
Is there a solution to this magnificent topic? Thank you kindly!

step 4:
Open A.BAT file, and replace all "_helper" strings with ".core". This probably could be done automatically on export, but the thing is, I'm not sure all helper bones will always be called the same as helper MESHES. So I'm leaving this to the users at least for now.
Run this .BAT file.
I'm working with the horse/Strider model right now and have a folder full of extracted ascii and smd files for the body part, 24 "plate/eye" parts, and the canister_fuel part. I've also successfully generated the a.bat and mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii and mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.smd files from Step 3--they have nonzero file sizes. I replaced "_helper" strings with ".core" for all 24 items listed in the a.bat file, as in Step 4. Note that the fuel canister is missing from the a.bat list. How does that get placed and weighted to the model?

Running the a.bat file updates the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii and .smd files. I am now confused by the following directions:
to load all destructible parts as one file:
========================================================
Merge all ASCII files into one as text file, then copypaste skeleton into it.
Then count submeshes (it will correspond to number of "material" string)
and put a number of submeshes after the skeleton (before all the actual data).
This number will correspond to number of "material" string in all files.
Same for SMD files, just no need to count submeshes.
Which ASCII files are getting merged, and should the combined file still be another ASCII file (or is just .txt okay)? Are the prior 25 part's ASCIIs just merged e.g., by using "copy [A]+[ B]+[C] [outputABC]" in the command prompt? Does the entire content of the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii file get pasted to the beginning of this new merged file? Do any lines need to be deleted like we did when combining the mesh and skeleton smd files from a simple animal model?

What is meant by
and put a number of submeshes after the skeleton (before all the actual data).
This number will correspond to number of "material" string in all files.
I count the string "material" 31 times if I merge ASCIIs and paste the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii text to a combined file as I asked about above. What is the exact text I need to enter after the text copied from the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii file to represent this 31 submesh number?

Next, I assume the SMD merging is the same as for simple animal models, in that we'll copy the text from mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.smd and paste it to the beginning of a combined mesh smd file, being sure to delete "version 1" and "nodes". Will that combined mesh file also be a merger of all 25 part's SMD files, or do any other problematic lines need to be deleted too?

If I can accomplish this much, will that final combined SMD file display correctly as a complete model in Noesis--body, removable parts, and skeleton? Does the program somehow distinguish between the core body and removable parts as seen in Daemon1's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsbwOuqor3c? or will it interpret it as one mesh piece?

Lastly, why does the ascii file need to be merged if we're only opening an smd file for exporting a mesh model?

-----------------------------------
Appreciate all of the work you all have done. Glad to see some friendly, repeating helpers on here too. I don't have any programming experience, but I work with technical writing and have written up detailed directions for how I've gotten this far. If I can accomplish these last conversion steps and then figure out animation extraction, I'd be happy to share my SOP with the forum. Perhaps it would help solve the most common "stuck. Help!?" questions.

Cheers y'all!
That would be great, I am stuck after extracting the models, also there are a lot of robots wuth no mesh_skeleton_rootbone and only have skeleton_rootbone, already managed to import the mesh files to blender, but the destructible ones dont import at the desired location but at the origin (0,0). any help would be great
ninetalescommander
beginner

Post by ninetalescommander »

I'm really stuck; Basically I've managed to get the .core files and I'm able to use the tool to get the SMD files. My problem is actually exporting them in a combined format.
I've tried dragging and dropping the .core files into both Horizon and Horizon_PC but no matter what, they just remain separated. Am I supposed to use a command prompt? Or is there something wrong I'm doing? I have managed to get the "Matrices" file to appear but from there, the guide is abit vague on exactly how it's done.

Any help?
JP111555
ultra-n00b

Post by JP111555 »

Ight, I have been trying to extract the full Thunderjaw rig from Horizon Zero Dawn with all the plates using the Daemon tool. However, whenever I do this the helper bones are always messed up thus prohibiting me from actually putting any plates on the rig. I have been doing this for a while now and have ended up merging all the part smd files and ascill files but to no avail. At this point any help is really appreciated. I have been asking around about this but really haven't gotten any answers. I really want to make this work, biggest thing that I may be doing wrong is the file merging but at this point I have 0 clue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bhuvahh
ultra-n00b

Post by bhuvahh »

I really don't want to get on anyone's nerves here, least of all appear ungrateful. But are there any news concerning the extraction of the voice-files?

charter spectrum login

attwifimanager
Last edited by bhuvahh on Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grawiorum
ultra-n00b

Post by grawiorum »

Получилось
blender-2.79

https://mega.nz/folder/RRgUnKDK#wibUwyOycmD6qJXCrYrBSA

Инструкция на Русском
https://mega.nz/file/gVwmmYRS#SVb0P_wB9 ... c_ARdrqyss
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.