Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
newhere4
n00b

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by newhere4 »

Sadly Forbidden West won't be on Steam for at least a few years so I'm hoping Daemon can create some tools this year since the game is available on PS4, the models are fantastic and I really want older Aloy.
jimmy12345
ultra-n00b

Post by jimmy12345 »

newhere4 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:53 pm Sadly Forbidden West won't be on Steam for at least a few years so I'm hoping Daemon can create some tools this year since the game is available on PS4, the models are fantastic and I really want older Aloy.
well you can try to search the internet for the ps4 game and extract the files, to test if it works...
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Yes i'm kind of working on it. But the format is heavily changed, so i will need more time.

newhere4
n00b

Post by newhere4 »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:14 pm Yes i'm kind of working on it. But the format is heavily changed, so i will need more time.

Thank you so much! I can't wait for the day these models can be ripped, you are hero to all of us!
pointytundra654
ultra-n00b

Post by pointytundra654 »

so i did this 0. you need oo2core_5_win64.dll in the same folder with the tool
Its in almost any big game now, easy to find. Probably other versions will work too, if you rename them

1. you need to place the tool in your "packed_pink" horizon folder, or better, i recommend using included ini file (just change your folder). If you use this INI - you can use the tool from any folder.
Note: remove PATCH.BIN from the folder, or the tool will crash

2. first thing you need to extract is resource list.
To do this, just run the tool. It will create a text file list when i run the tool it is empty if i click on File and i select Packed_DX12 or LocalCacheDX12 it says no items match your search what am i doing wrong not very good at this the game is Horizon Zero Dawn
gzgtwz
ultra-n00b

Post by gzgtwz »

The smd format which is currently used with the extract tool seems not supporting the second uv channel, which is used to sample alpha channels in character's hair or furry parts on body. Is there a plan to deal with this?

====================

Found it in the ascii file generated by your great tool. I'll deal with it myself. Thanks again for this.
KukuruzkO
ultra-n00b

Post by KukuruzkO »

Hello everyone
faced with such a problem:

Horizon_pc [mesh_skeleton] [animskel] > a.bat - does not work.
Perhaps someone knows how to find a solution to this problem?
parttimegamer15
advanced

Post by parttimegamer15 »

This awesome. Thanks so much for your work!
daemon1 wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:14 pm Yes i'm kind of working on it. But the format is heavily changed, so i will need more time.
Lampookie
ultra-n00b

Texture Help

Post by Lampookie »

Hey, If anyone could help me figure this conundrum out that would be great!

I have successfully extracted the 3d asset for the Longleg robot and attached all parts to a rigged skeleton.

However, there are a few texture questions I need to ask help with. I have extracted the textures from:
models/characters/robots/longlegbird/textures/longleg_set

I have 3 textures from this, named
longleg_set00_type_3_dx10.dds <--- Normal map
longleg_set01_type_1.dds <--- Albedo//diffuse whatever you wanna call it.
longleg_set02_type_132_dx10 <--- RGB masks

The RGB masks and albedo came out really good, however the normal map comes out really corrupted, no matter what program I use to open it. Ill attach pictures of it to give you an idea, ill 25% res them so its not as big too.

The masks I assume are for metallic and roughness but I'm not sure.

As for the Normal map, all other normals were exported from other sets just fine but this one has insanely low opacity and seams really corrupted. I have tried multiple conversion methods but I dont think that will mater since even the dds preview is the same.

TLDR: If someone could extract these correctly and give them to me that would solve my issue, also explaining what the rgb mask is for would be greatly appreciated
Lampookie
ultra-n00b

Post by Lampookie »

KukuruzkO wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:18 am Hello everyone
faced with such a problem:

Horizon_pc [mesh_skeleton] [animskel] > a.bat - does not work.
Perhaps someone knows how to find a solution to this problem?
Some things to try are:
Try moving all the files including the horizon.exe files and your inital.bin and stuff into the same folder, if not try moving them all into another folder inside packed_pink.

If that doesnt work and its just not changing the files or creating an .animskel file then try pasting the commands in the original first post guide by Daemon1.

If you already have your .animskel file and wish to just merge the mesh and armature into a weighted .fbx you need to open the animskel file with a text viewer ie: notepad and copy everything inside. Then paste that whole block of text into your main mesh file, should be the largest .smd file you have, so at the top of the .smd file press enter to create a new line and ctrl + v.

Save that file and refresh your noesis viewer. It should be weighted, as for parts I honestly just manually export each one from noesis and import them as fbx into blender, line up the helper bone names with the mesh it corresponds to and move each mesh in object mode so you still see the origin point, line up that origin point to the crosshair of each helper bone. If you need more info on this feel free to dm me.
92engineeringstacy
ultra-n00b

Post by 92engineeringstacy »

Has anyone had any luck with being able to extract the model for a FAS- Horus (Metal Devil)?
newhere4
n00b

Post by newhere4 »

Forbidden West has a bunch of Horus around the map and Daemon is working on a tool for it, I think the first game only had one or two right? Might be worth to wait for the new tool.
92engineeringstacy
ultra-n00b

Post by 92engineeringstacy »

newhere4 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:21 pm Forbidden West has a bunch of Horus around the map and Daemon is working on a tool for it, I think the first game only had one or two right? Might be worth to wait for the new tool.
That is awesome news! Yeah, there are definitely more in HFW. I have just stumbled upon this forum and thread and got really excited that models could be extracted like this. I will keep an eye on this thread and hope that way smarter person makes a tool that can manage that. Thank you for the reply! :)
newhere4
n00b

Post by newhere4 »

92engineeringstacy wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:36 pm
newhere4 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:21 pm Forbidden West has a bunch of Horus around the map and Daemon is working on a tool for it, I think the first game only had one or two right? Might be worth to wait for the new tool.
That is awesome news! Yeah, there are definitely more in HFW. I have just stumbled upon this forum and thread and got really excited that models could be extracted like this. I will keep an eye on this thread and hope that way smarter person makes a tool that can manage that. Thank you for the reply! :)
I am sure Daemon can get us a tool to rip the models this year, he is fantastic! :)
Lampookie
ultra-n00b

Post by Lampookie »

I am double posting about this problem since I am still dealing with it and trying to chip some new info off every day.

How do I get the Longleg normal map out without it looking like ass? What is is about dx10 dds files that my computer or the tool doesnt like? Is anyone able to rip it for me and keep the normal map in tact?