Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by daemon1 »

Sideromelane wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:17 pm But also i just found a 'fix' for this exact issue!
Run the horizon.exe withOUT DLC1.bin or Patch.bin. One of those two is crashing the tool.
This is actually stated in the very first message in the first page!
player12341
n00b

Post by player12341 »

How to use the horizon.exe tool step by step and extract 3d models from horizon zero dawn video tutorial:-

https://youtu.be/9p7u8Bo-Noc
Last edited by player12341 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fattishman
ultra-n00b

Post by Fattishman »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:11 am Ok here's PC tool.

Usage is same as PS4. Someone said it doesnt work with oodle5, so i made it with oodle7, even though i think you can use other verisons renaming the .DLL as usual.

I checked a few models, textures and animations, they all look exactly same as on PS4. No quality difference.
So I dont know why files are 10GB bigger.

If anything will not work, let me know.
Windows blocks the download...
player12341
n00b

Post by player12341 »

Fattishman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:39 pm
daemon1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:11 am Ok here's PC tool.

Usage is same as PS4. Someone said it doesnt work with oodle5, so i made it with oodle7, even though i think you can use other verisons renaming the .DLL as usual.

I checked a few models, textures and animations, they all look exactly same as on PS4. No quality difference.
So I dont know why files are 10GB bigger.

If anything will not work, let me know.
Windows blocks the download...
turn off your windows antivirus for a bit as the tool downloads and then use the tool correctly by following video tutorial:-
https://youtu.be/9p7u8Bo-Noc
萌新小强
ultra-n00b

Post by 萌新小强 »

animation_managers\characters\humanoids\player\female\anim
export animation error It's all messed up Can you help me see?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
player12341
n00b

Post by player12341 »

HI GUYS THIS IS THE VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW TO CORRECTLY EXTRACT ANIMATIONS FROM HORIZON ZERO DAWN USING THE TOOL:

https://youtu.be/kaKdZ_YbH5I
player12341
n00b

Post by player12341 »

萌新小强 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:40 am animation_managers\characters\humanoids\player\female\anim
export animation error It's all messed up Can you help me see?
follow this video to correctly export animation from horizon zero dawn

https://youtu.be/kaKdZ_YbH5I
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

player12341 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:25 am...follow this video to correctly export animation from horizon zero dawn ...
You don't need to double post for that, one post would have been enough even if it was in response to the user in need.

Also you could have simplified this a bit and make a batch file ".bat" using notepad, to speed things up if you want to ;)

Code: Select all

for %%a in (*.core) do Horizon_pc.exe "%%a"
or if you run it directly from cmd through that folder, when you hold "shift" you select "Open command window here"
then paste this and run also as a batch:

Code: Select all

for %a in (*.core) do Horizon.exe "%a"
noticed the difference? batch file requires two "%%" while the other option only one "%"
Geraltz
ultra-n00b

Post by Geraltz »

Hi everyone! I was wondering if there is a chance we could get the source code of the horizon tool? I am not interested in the textures of the game but rather in the code of the game itself, specifically the way it generates modification boxes in shops or the way modifications and modification boxes work in general. I have extracted the .core files necessary but now I can't view them because the tool only extracts the files that are tied to the textures and now I'm stuck. Thank you daemon1 for making this tool and hope anyone can help me out. Cheers!
HowdyNeighbor
ultra-n00b

Post by HowdyNeighbor »

Howdy, forum lurker here. Stumbled upon this tool a couple of months ago with the goal of generating 3D-printable meshes for personal use, ideally in poses according to exciting "action stances" from animation files.

I've worked via trial & error through everything up to just after daemon's Step 4:
daemon1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 pm
step 4:
Open A.BAT file, and replace all "_helper" strings with ".core". This probably could be done automatically on export, but the thing is, I'm not sure all helper bones will always be called the same as helper MESHES. So I'm leaving this to the users at least for now.
Run this .BAT file.
I'm working with the horse/Strider model right now and have a folder full of extracted ascii and smd files for the body part, 24 "plate/eye" parts, and the canister_fuel part. I've also successfully generated the a.bat and mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii and mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.smd files from Step 3--they have nonzero file sizes. I replaced "_helper" strings with ".core" for all 24 items listed in the a.bat file, as in Step 4. Note that the fuel canister is missing from the a.bat list. How does that get placed and weighted to the model?

Running the a.bat file updates the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii and .smd files. I am now confused by the following directions:
to load all destructible parts as one file:
========================================================
Merge all ASCII files into one as text file, then copypaste skeleton into it.
Then count submeshes (it will correspond to number of "material" string)
and put a number of submeshes after the skeleton (before all the actual data).
This number will correspond to number of "material" string in all files.
Same for SMD files, just no need to count submeshes.
Which ASCII files are getting merged, and should the combined file still be another ASCII file (or is just .txt okay)? Are the prior 25 part's ASCIIs just merged e.g., by using "copy [A]+[ B]+[C] [outputABC]" in the command prompt? Does the entire content of the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii file get pasted to the beginning of this new merged file? Do any lines need to be deleted like we did when combining the mesh and skeleton smd files from a simple animal model?

What is meant by
I count the string "material" 31 times if I merge ASCIIs and paste the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii text to a combined file as I asked about above. What is the exact text I need to enter after the text copied from the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii file to represent this 31 submesh number?

Next, I assume the SMD merging is the same as for simple animal models, in that we'll copy the text from mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.smd and paste it to the beginning of a combined mesh smd file, being sure to delete "version 1" and "nodes". Will that combined mesh file also be a merger of all 25 part's SMD files, or do any other problematic lines need to be deleted too?

If I can accomplish this much, will that final combined SMD file display correctly as a complete model in Noesis--body, removable parts, and skeleton? Does the program somehow distinguish between the core body and removable parts as seen in Daemon1's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsbwOuqor3c? or will it interpret it as one mesh piece?

Lastly, why does the ascii file need to be merged if we're only opening an smd file for exporting a mesh model?

-----------------------------------
Appreciate all of the work you all have done. Glad to see some friendly, repeating helpers on here too. I don't have any programming experience, but I work with technical writing and have written up detailed directions for how I've gotten this far. If I can accomplish these last conversion steps and then figure out animation extraction, I'd be happy to share my SOP with the forum. Perhaps it would help solve the most common "stuck. Help!?" questions.

Cheers y'all!
Juanrc
ultra-n00b

Post by Juanrc »

HowdyNeighbor wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:52 pm Howdy, forum lurker here. Stumbled upon this tool a couple of months ago with the goal of generating 3D-printable meshes for personal use, ideally in poses according to exciting "action stances" from animation files.

I've worked via trial & error through everything up to just after daemon's Step 4:
step 4:
Open A.BAT file, and replace all "_helper" strings with ".core". This probably could be done automatically on export, but the thing is, I'm not sure all helper bones will always be called the same as helper MESHES. So I'm leaving this to the users at least for now.
Run this .BAT file.
I'm working with the horse/Strider model right now and have a folder full of extracted ascii and smd files for the body part, 24 "plate/eye" parts, and the canister_fuel part. I've also successfully generated the a.bat and mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii and mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.smd files from Step 3--they have nonzero file sizes. I replaced "_helper" strings with ".core" for all 24 items listed in the a.bat file, as in Step 4. Note that the fuel canister is missing from the a.bat list. How does that get placed and weighted to the model?

Running the a.bat file updates the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii and .smd files. I am now confused by the following directions:
to load all destructible parts as one file:
========================================================
Merge all ASCII files into one as text file, then copypaste skeleton into it.
Then count submeshes (it will correspond to number of "material" string)
Same for SMD files, just no need to count submeshes.
Which ASCII files are getting merged, and should the combined file still be another ASCII file (or is just .txt okay)? Are the prior 25 part's ASCIIs just merged e.g., by using "copy [A]+[ B]+[C] [outputABC]" in the command prompt? Does the entire content of the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii file get pasted to the beginning of this new merged file? Do any lines need to be deleted like we did when combining the mesh and skeleton smd files from a simple animal model?

What is meant by
I count the string "material" 31 times if I merge ASCIIs and paste the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii text to a combined file as I asked about above. What is the exact text I need to enter after the text copied from the mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.ascii file to represent this 31 submesh number?

Next, I assume the SMD merging is the same as for simple animal models, in that we'll copy the text from mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core.smd and paste it to the beginning of a combined mesh smd file, being sure to delete "version 1" and "nodes". Will that combined mesh file also be a merger of all 25 part's SMD files, or do any other problematic lines need to be deleted too?

If I can accomplish this much, will that final combined SMD file display correctly as a complete model in Noesis--body, removable parts, and skeleton? Does the program somehow distinguish between the core body and removable parts as seen in Daemon1's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsbwOuqor3c? or will it interpret it as one mesh piece?

Lastly, why does the ascii file need to be merged if we're only opening an smd file for exporting a mesh model?

-----------------------------------
Appreciate all of the work you all have done. Glad to see some friendly, repeating helpers on here too. I don't have any programming experience, but I work with technical writing and have written up detailed directions for how I've gotten this far. If I can accomplish these last conversion steps and then figure out animation extraction, I'd be happy to share my SOP with the forum. Perhaps it would help solve the most common "stuck. Help!?" questions.

Cheers y'all!
That would be great, I am stuck after extracting the models, also there are a lot of robots wuth no mesh_skeleton_rootbone and only have skeleton_rootbone, already managed to import the mesh files to blender, but the destructible ones dont import at the desired location but at the origin (0,0). any help would be great
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Juanrc wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:23 am there are a lot of robots wuth no mesh_skeleton_rootbone and only have skeleton_rootbone
when i said that "half of robots have 2 skeleton files", i meant IF a robot has 2 skeleton files, THEN you need to use mesh_skeleton_rootbone.
If robot has only one skeleton, that one is ok to use with the tool.
jimmy12345
ultra-n00b

Post by jimmy12345 »

hello and extracted the raptor model
but only the files
body.core_0.smd AND antennas.core_0.smd
they open me
in their correct coordinates
all the rest of the list appears in the center of the model out of its original place and without a skeleton... as if it were a foreign model...

can someone help me to solve this problem?
how I do this? someone help me?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsbwOuqor3c

I have managed to extract models and textures using these guides

extract models
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p7u8Bo-Noc
extract animations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaKdZ_YbH5I

Everything in the guides went well... or not?

I can't understand how
bring the armor parts to their actual position
Can someone give me a clearer guide?
I'm ultra noob...

I tried to follow this guide
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17726
the final steps explains how

but I can't get it right.
to which file do I change from _helper to .core?
How or when is the a.bat file created?

I'm using blender latest version with the tool to import smd in its latest version... will that be a problem?

thank you all for your valuable help
newhere4
n00b

Post by newhere4 »

Hi, new here. Wondering how soon we can expect tools and models from the second game Forbidden West, thank you.
jimmy12345
ultra-n00b

Post by jimmy12345 »

well, if you already bought it on steam you could try using the tool just to see if it works... who knows maybe we'll get lucky and if it works :)
if it doesn't work we'll have to wait to see if daemon1 surprises us with another tool.