Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Flaymez
ultra-n00b

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by Flaymez »

Py0 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:32 am
zensiert wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:05 am Hi, im kinda lost.
this is my folder:
* DLC1.bin
* horizon.ini
* Horizon_pc.exe
* Initial.bin
* oo2core_5_win64.dll
* Remainder.bin

and the ini file holds the steam download folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Horizon Zero Dawn *with \n at the end

but the tool just runs for 2 sec and stops.
I appreciate all help.
I'm having the same problem, even tried copying the .bin files to another computer but same result.
I have tried oo2core_x_win64.dll versions 3 (from game), 5, 6, 7 and also renaming all versions to _5 and _7 but no luck with either the original Horizon.exe or Horizon_pc.exe.
All files are in the one folder, and I put the path in horizon.ini as well.
Also tried in the game Packed_DX12 folder.

The error is always:

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at ?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )
I've tried the previous suggestions in this thread but nothing seems to work.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Having the same issue, same error. Hopefully someone has an idea for what we can do?
ZanglorOfCats
ultra-n00b

Post by ZanglorOfCats »

Flaymez wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:20 pm
this is my folder:
* DLC1.bin
* horizon.ini
* Horizon_pc.exe
* Initial.bin
* oo2core_5_win64.dll
* Remainder.bin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Horizon Zero Dawn *with \n at the end

I appreciate all help.
I'm having the same problem, even tried copying the .bin files to another computer but same result.
I have tried oo2core_x_win64.dll versions 3 (from game), 5, 6, 7 and also renaming all versions to _5 and _7 but no luck with either the original Horizon.exe or Horizon_pc.exe.

The error is always:

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at ?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )
Having the same issue, same error. Hopefully someone has an idea for what we can do?
I had the same issue until I changed the `.ini` file to reference the folder containing the `DLC1.bin`, `Initial.bin`, and `Remainder.bin` files (so the folder that the `.ini` file itself is in for the above example), *not* the steam folder. The `Patch.bin` and `FGRWin32.bin` files contain items that result in duplicate keys, so if they are in the search folder specified in the `.ini` (or below: search appears to be recursive) this will break the tool
BioGenx2b
ultra-n00b

Post by BioGenx2b »

I'm trying to use this tool to extract the audio from the PC game (voice lines, music loops), but most of it appears to be unusable. Only a sliver of those files are actually playable, the rest appear to be stubs.

Effects though, those are coming in just fine mostly.

Any ideas?
tskune
ultra-n00b

Post by tskune »

I have some questions. Let me start with what I currently understand:
daemon1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 pm step 1:
Run horizon on all parts files. This will create matrices as it was before
This means I want to run horizon, or in my case horizon_pc, on all the parts files.
daemon1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 pm step 2:
Run horizon on template file. This will extract animation skeleton from it.
(you dont need ascii and smd files generated, delete them. They are only useful if you want to experiment with animation only)
So you have .animskel file now in the same folder.
This wants me to get the .animskel file.
-Side question: Do I need the ascii and smd files if I want to create my own animations, or only if I want to use the premade animations?
daemon1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 pm step 3: run this:
horizon [mesh_skeleton] [animskel] > a.bat
this will create FULL robot skeleton both in SMD & ASCII and also A.BAT file
Here we want to use both a mesh skeleton and the .animskel file to create a.bat.
Where does the mesh skeleton come from? Is it like with the characters?
daemon1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 pm Extracting characters with skeleton:
===============================================================
1. place all parts of a character in one folder, and run horizon on all of them
2. a file called "matrices" will be created and UPDATED in the process with all the bone matrices present in all parts
3. put corresponding skeleton file to the same folder and run horizon on it
4. copy-paste skeleton into model parts so they will be complete working models
===============================================
Here we're supposed to run horizon on the skeleton file, which for robots is presumably the mesh_skeleton_rootbone file, and then copy-paste the skeleton file into the part files.
-Side note: My understanding is that we're supposed to copy-paste the skeleton file to the top of the parts files.
In the instructions for the robot models this step seems to be implied.
daemon1 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:33 pm - matrices from mesh parts (same as characters)
- mesh skeleton (same as characters)
The questions I have are:
I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶b̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶k̶e̶l̶e̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶k̶e̶l̶e̶t̶o̶n̶?̶
I̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶l̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶p̶ ̶1̶?̶ ̶(̶M̶e̶a̶n̶i̶n̶g̶:̶ ̶D̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶k̶e̶l̶e̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶i̶m̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶k̶e̶l̶e̶t̶o̶n̶?̶)̶
D̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶k̶e̶l̶e̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶?̶
Do I need the ascii and smd files from the template if I am going to make new animations, or only needed when using premade animations?

Edit:
I've managed to get all the destructible parts to line up with the model. But, when I ran a.bat on the eye model, the main larger mesh got removed. I'm not sure what I did wrong and I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue, or possibly a way to fix it.

Edit 2:
I have also gotten the model rigged with the skeleton. So all I need now is to fix the eye, as mentioned above, as well as to figure out how to get all the textures into blender. If anyone could help me with that it would be greatly appreciated.
VladlenCry
advanced

Post by VladlenCry »

BioGenx2b wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:11 pm Effects though, those are coming in just fine mostly.
Any ideas?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17726&p=139223&hilit=music#p139223
Apparently everything except sounds is still not supported by the tool.
jungljuice
ultra-n00b

Post by jungljuice »

Hey guys, I am trying to turn off the battle music (the music that starts playing when enemies appear on screen/when you are fighting) and that the normal ambient music keeps playing. How would i go about doing this?

(p.s first post, hi all)
Rvel
ultra-n00b

Post by Rvel »

Is there any way to extract models using a Mac?
I'm looking for the Talanah model, but haven't been able to get this working in a virtual machine.
Kar7hr7
ultra-n00b

Post by Kar7hr7 »

I cannot extract the model's textures
DDS is broken :(
Please, can you help? I don't understand what i should do
flyzealot001
ultra-n00b

Post by flyzealot001 »

thank you ~!~!
souta0201
ultra-n00b

Post by souta0201 »

I would like you to make a video of the robot model, texture, and even the extraction of animation.
zsjcoral
n00b

Post by zsjcoral »

this is my folder:
* DLC1.bin
* horizon.ini
* Horizon_pc.exe
* Initial.bin
* oo2core_5_win64.dll
* Remainder.bin

I appreciate all help.

The error is always:

Me too. Does anyone have a solution? thank you very much
Sideromelane
ultra-n00b

Post by Sideromelane »

zsjcoral wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:01 am
this is my folder:
* DLC1.bin
* horizon.ini
* Horizon_pc.exe
* Initial.bin
* oo2core_5_win64.dll
* Remainder.bin

I appreciate all help.

The error is always:

Me too. Does anyone have a solution? thank you very much
My first comment on this forum, I signed up as I wanted to extract the game files. But also i just found a 'fix' for this exact issue!

Run the horizon.exe withOUT DLC1.bin or Patch.bin. One of those two is crashing the tool.

I copied Initial.bin and Remainder.bin to a seperate folder with the Horizon exe and oo2core dll and it works.
player12341
n00b

Post by player12341 »

hi I am new to this stuff I have successfully got the res.txt file by using horizon tool but I am stuck on step3. if you want to extract some resource, run
horizon /e resourcename
where should I write the horizon /e resourcename thing please guide me
player12341
n00b

Post by player12341 »

hi I am stuck in step3 of the guide where I have to write horizon /e resourcename in cmd I guess? and it will be like
directory where horizon tool is then /e then resourcename
like in cmd
d\games\horizon zero dawn\packed_pink\horizon.exe /e resourcename is this correct cause every time I do this in cmd no message appears and cmd shifts to next line as I press enter please help me and guide me where I am making mistake.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

player12341 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:52 am hi I am stuck in step3 of the guide where I have to write horizon /e resourcename in cmd I guess? and it will be like
directory where horizon tool is then /e then resourcename
like in cmd
d\games\horizon zero dawn\packed_pink\horizon.exe /e resourcename is this correct cause every time I do this in cmd no message appears and cmd shifts to next line as I press enter please help me and guide me where I am making mistake.
this doesnt make any sense
can you make a screenshot?