Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Starlink Battle for Atlas DDS textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
Nooga
ultra-n00b

Starlink Battle for Atlas DDS textures

Post by Nooga »

Hi there! So I've been trying to rip models from Starlink: Battle for Atlas. I used a BMS script designed for The Division (it's a Snowdrop engine game by Ubisoft), and it worked great for everything except the textures. They're supposedly DDS format, but neither Paint.net nor Noesis can open them. I'm not really a programmer, so I don't really know where to start, whether I need to use a hex editor or some other tool to get them working.

I've attached some the textures I'm hoping to get working as samples. Sadly can't quite provide all of them without doubleposting, as it goes over the file size limit by a few kb. Thanks for your time, and have a lovely day :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ikskoks

Re: Starlink Battle for Atlas DDS textures

Post by ikskoks »

Those files are not standard DDS files. They seems to be encrypted or compressed in some custom way.
Nooga
ultra-n00b

Re: Starlink Battle for Atlas DDS textures

Post by Nooga »

Damn, that's a shame. I don't know the first thing about reverse engineering, so I suppose I'll wait patiently and hope someone wants to help. Thanks for your insight regardless.