Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
vadik
ultra-n00b

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by vadik »

akderebur, could you please provide source code for your tools?
junminlee2004
n00b

Post by junminlee2004 »

So how do you make the textures transparent, the texture editor tools only allows me to download non-transparent textures.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

junminlee2004 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:13 am So how do you make the textures transparent, the texture editor tools only allows me to download non-transparent textures.
when you extract the textures, there are also black and white ones, that are the alpha channel, in photoshop (ore any other similar software) open the color texture, in the channels tab, add a new channel, that will be called "alpha1", on that channel paste the related black and white texture then save the texture in any format that supports transparency, like PNG, DDS or TGA
junminlee2004
n00b

Post by junminlee2004 »

can you be a little more specific, I'm not sure I understand how to do it in photoshop.
junminlee2004
n00b

Post by junminlee2004 »

fil1969 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:00 am
junminlee2004 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:13 am So how do you make the textures transparent, the texture editor tools only allows me to download non-transparent textures.
when you extract the textures, there are also black and white ones, that are the alpha channel, in photoshop (ore any other similar software) open the color texture, in the channels tab, add a new channel, that will be called "alpha1", on that channel paste the related black and white texture then save the texture in any format that supports transparency, like PNG, DDS or TGA
I've done everything that you've said but I'm still stuck as to how to remove the background from the textures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

junminlee2004 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:47 am
I've done everything that you've said but I'm still stuck as to how to remove the background from the textures.
in the picture I see the alpha is not selected, select all channels, the image background will turn pink, that is the alpha mask, export it with all selected, in TGA format
junminlee2004
n00b

Post by junminlee2004 »

fil1969 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:19 am

in the picture I see the alpha is not selected, select all channels, the image background will turn pink, that is the alpha mask, export it with all selected, in TGA format
so initially you added a channel to the color image and copy pasted the black and white image into Alpha 1 right? For me it's still not working, and the image selected with the channel just turns slightly dimmer.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

junminlee2004 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:01 pm

so initially you added a channel to the color image and copy pasted the black and white image into Alpha 1 right? For me it's still not working, and the image selected with the channel just turns slightly dimmer.
Yes, did you scaled the black and white to fit the color one? I converted the same right now, and i don't have any problems
junminlee2004
n00b

Post by junminlee2004 »

fil1969 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:35 am
junminlee2004 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:01 pm

Yes, did you scaled the black and white to fit the color one? I converted the same right now, and i don't have any problems
Yes, I scaled it to 1024x1024 I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I made this 30 second clip of what I did on this youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW-P8TuMqxw
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

UPDATE

Animation Tool Updates
- Root motion
- Better rotation support
- Overall fixes

Updated download link in the first post.

The tool should be able to handle the animations MUCH better. There is still some non-working stuff though. This is probably close to the final release. I don't see myself digging deeper into this. I might continue doing some quality of life updates.

Root motion previews

Jan666
veteran

Re: The Last of Us Model Viewer/Extractor (PS4)

Post by Jan666 »

akderebur wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:29 pm RELEASE : Map Tool

Overview

Part of map loaded in Blender

Usage
- Load PAK : Loads a single pak file
- Load Folder : Loads all the pak files inside the selected folder
Note : Materials won't be shown in preview

- Export OBJs : Exports all the meshes in OBJ format with their respective mtl files for material mapping. Each pak will have a separate obj export.

Upon trying various importers I find Blender the best for importing OBJ. Still you are free to use whatever you want, most softwares should support OBJ.

Material mapping / Textures

Textures need to be in the same folder as OBJ files. By default models reference PNG files. You can edit mtl files to change them to DDS if you really need that. In any case make sure to use the updated tool for extracting textures : viewtopic.php?p=161585#p161585

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/4brogfya ... r.rar/file
Maybe you can make the same Tool for tlou part 2?
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Jan666 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:02 am Maybe you can make the same Tool for tlou part 2?
I don't have any plans for releasing TLOU 2 tools atm. I think daemon will make a map tool at some point.
Jan666
veteran

Post by Jan666 »

akderebur wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:55 pm
Jan666 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:02 am Maybe you can make the same Tool for tlou part 2?
I don't have any plans for releasing TLOU 2 tools atm. I think daemon will make a map tool at some point.
Yes, He said that, but He has no time atm, hmm maybe you know how i can get the xyz coordinate/ position of an object (to reconstruct a level) ((is it possible to See it in Hexeditor when i put the pak file in it?))

Btw thanks for your Animation Tool its Amazing
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

akderebur wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:09 pm The tool should be able to handle the animations
For their animations, Naughty dogs did things i've never seen before in any other engine. Real crazy things.
I couldn't solve it whatever i tried. The only way was to reverse and debug the original SPU code.
But now, after i did that, i think it was indeed possible to guess.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

daemon1 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:05 am For their animations, Naughty dogs did things i've never seen before in any other engine. Real crazy things.
Indeed. They are using many different techniques depending on the situation. Need to handle them all to get the correct output. I had to really broaden my animation knowledge to make sense of some stuff. Still not sure if I am doing everything correctly :D

If anyone is interested in animation data, I suggest checking out this blog: https://nfrechette.github.io/ It has some great posts about animation compression.