Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Seyren
advanced

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Seyren »

Yretenai wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:57 am

DFFNT's storage and encryption is not the issue, but it's the underlying engine systems.
A lot of the """dynamic""" data is defined in ECB files which change structure frequently (also from file to file)
Graphical formats cannot be exported as of right now either.

But yes, it should be relatively easy to repack game assets. All I have to do is determine how they calculate the checksum.
That would be awesome if you could! Even if 3D models can't be done for now, anything we can do to play around with the game would be a blessing, thank you so much for the answer!
hellacopters
n00b

Post by hellacopters »

Being that this thread is a great resource for all Koei Tecmo games, I figured this would be best the place to post about my on gong mission with Dissidia Opera Omnia.

For a while now I've been running a fan site where I post character information and resources. The biggest drag is that there is no direct way to access this information other than copying it from in game, because the game doesn't store this information in its local files.

I recently captured some api calls and wanted to see if I could get some direction on the best way to go about decrypting them. Decompile the dex? Load the .so file into IDA pro? Capture the game's memory after it's decrypted them? This is the info I'm looking for and it's super frustrating being this close yet so far :[

Maybe someone else out there has taken a look around or is familiar with how KT works and could give me a head start.

Thanks!
Seyren
advanced

Post by Seyren »

Vagonumero13 has been commisioned by a Deviantart user to make a modder for NT, it can be downloaded here:
https://www.deviantart.com/monkeygigabu ... -845032207

So it's technically possible to mod the game now with this, i will look into it and see if he makes any upgrades.

Maybe this tool can help in any way the swiss knife? Just wanted to put it here because i think it's an important achievement!
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

hellacopters wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:58 pm Being that this thread is a great resource for all Koei Tecmo games, I figured this would be best the place to post about my on gong mission with Dissidia Opera Omnia.

For a while now I've been running a fan site where I post character information and resources. The biggest drag is that there is no direct way to access this information other than copying it from in game, because the game doesn't store this information in its local files.

I recently captured some api calls and wanted to see if I could get some direction on the best way to go about decrypting them. Decompile the dex? Load the .so file into IDA pro? Capture the game's memory after it's decrypted them? This is the info I'm looking for and it's super frustrating being this close yet so far :[

Maybe someone else out there has taken a look around or is familiar with how KT works and could give me a head start.

Thanks!
The game downloads files from a server (I can DM you this) but the filelist it downloads is encrypted using an AES key.

I don't know how to get the decryption key on android.
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Seyren wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:47 pm Vagonumero13 has been commisioned by a Deviantart user to make a modder for NT, it can be downloaded here:
https://www.deviantart.com/monkeygigabu ... -845032207

So it's technically possible to mod the game now with this, i will look into it and see if he makes any upgrades.

Maybe this tool can help in any way the swiss knife? Just wanted to put it here because i think it's an important achievement!
Maybe. I'm still considering adding a DFFNT repacker, but I really want to control ECB files because if I can do that we'll be able to add files into DFFNT rather than replace stuff. That said for DFFNT to be moddable with Cethleann you'd need a G1T and G1M exporter. That said Ceth can dump files for you to potentially mod.

It's a lot of work and IDK if I have the motiviation atm.
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Build 54 adds a new tool DataProcessor which is a development tool to processes structures.
Along with that it adds support for new Nioh 2 RESPACK bundles and fixes a lot of bugs.

Previous changes: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679&p=160886#p160886
Gagnetar
ultra-n00b

Post by Gagnetar »

Took a while but I figured out how to extract stuff from Three Houses as intended.
It dumps a se_ktsl2 folder with .KTSRw files that don't seem to be extractable by Cethleann.
From what I understand this audio collection includes attack grunts and/or general SFX.
Anyway we'll see compatibility for them?
Tangil
ultra-n00b

Post by Tangil »

Hi, I have been trying to extract the character animation files from FETH, but I having some issues on trying to figuring it out.

I have used Cethleann.Unbundler on the character bin files by dragging said files into the executable, but it only returns the G1M and G1T files, but no G2A files.

My question is, how do I extract the animation files from FETH? I have tried googling for answers, but I couldn't find any information regrading extracting the FETH character animations whatsoever.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Tangil wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:40 am Hi, I have been trying to extract the character animation files from FETH, but I having some issues on trying to figuring it out.

I have used Cethleann.Unbundler on the character bin files by dragging said files into the executable, but it only returns the G1M and G1T files, but no G2A files.

My question is, how do I extract the animation files from FETH? I have tried googling for answers, but I couldn't find any information regrading extracting the FETH character animations whatsoever.
Animations are not in the same place as the models, since they're shared by all the characters or sorted by specific classes/monster species
Tangil
ultra-n00b

Post by Tangil »

Joschka wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:56 pm Animations are not in the same place as the models, since they're shared by all the characters or sorted by specific classes/monster species
Thanks for replying. I figured I was looking in the wrong place.

There's a motion folder that also contains .bin files. I assume that's where the animations are stored for all the models since I was able to find some g1a animations upon using the Unbundler on the datatable files. The filenames are numbered and they range from 4253 - 4273 and 4622 - 4632.

However, the files numbered, 4622 - 4632 and correct me if I am wrong. I am assuming those are the character animations, since upon dragging files to the Unbundler, yields .gz archive files that I can't seem to extract with any of the Cethleann tools provided nor that I open directly with an archive extraction tool.

In that case, do I need to rename those files or use another tool to open these .gz files? Because I also couldn't find any answers on trying to extract those files.

EDIT: Also, I have noticed there were also .g1t.bin files that contains the character portraits, but renaming them to .g1t file format or using the Unbundler doesn't seem to do anything. So, I presuming I am missing an intermediate step in the extraction process.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Tangil wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:55 pm
Joschka wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:56 pm Animations are not in the same place as the models, since they're shared by all the characters or sorted by specific classes/monster species
Thanks for replying. I figured I was looking in the wrong place.

There's a motion folder that also contains .bin files. I assume that's where the animations are stored for all the models since I was able to find some g1a animations upon using the Unbundler on the datatable files. The filenames are numbered and they range from 4253 - 4273 and 4622 - 4632.

However, the files numbered, 4622 - 4632 and correct me if I am wrong. I am assuming those are the character animations, since upon dragging files to the Unbundler, yields .gz archive files that I can't seem to extract with any of the Cethleann tools provided nor that I open directly with an archive extraction tool.

In that case, do I need to rename those files or use another tool to open these .gz files? Because I also couldn't find any answers on trying to extract those files.

EDIT: Also, I have noticed there were also .g1t.bin files that contains the character portraits, but renaming them to .g1t file format or using the Unbundler doesn't seem to do anything. So, I presuming I am missing an intermediate step in the extraction process.
Yeah it's because KT has containers in compressed containers, and the latter are in containers too.
Here's how you get the anim files, going to use container 4623.bin as an example.

-Drag and drop 4623.bin on the Unbundler, you'll get .gz files.
-You first need to decompress these gz files. To decompress 0001.gz for example use

Code: Select all

Cethleann.Gz.exe --gz path\to\gz\file\0001.gz
You'll get a container with the same name, without a .gz (so 0001 here).
-This is a container too. You could continue the drag and dropping but better use the recursive command to fully unpack everything directly

Code: Select all

Cethleann.Unbundler.exe -R path\to\container\file\0001
The folders you're interested in are the 000F.datatable and the 0010.datatable, these are the ones with the animation files. 000F will always be there but 0010 will sometimes don't exist. The former is the most important, with all the body anims usually, 0010 usually has only 1 or two anims, which I think are for some face expressions, didn't test it myself.

A few notes from when I looked a bit into these files :
-4622 seems to have all attack anims, sorted by classes. It's like 4622\classID\000F
-4623\0001\000F has some "being hit" anims, with some dodges too
-4624\0001\000F is the same but with mounts
-Monastery anims (like walking, running, eating etc) seem to be in the 4632 folder

Happy digging
Ctvicky
ultra-n00b

Post by Ctvicky »

I just used the tool for FairytailRPG and it seems to work perfectly. Im trying to extract the audio files from the game and these were all of the files I could find. Just wondering if anyone knows how I can extract these files, I couldnt find anything on .srst or .srsa files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Ctvicky wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 pm I just used the tool for FairytailRPG and it seems to work perfectly. Im trying to extract the audio files from the game and these were all of the files I could find. Just wondering if anyone knows how I can extract these files, I couldnt find anything on .srst or .srsa files
There was a discussion about these here https://github.com/losnoco/vgmstream/issues/623
DrDemon
ultra-n00b

Post by DrDemon »

I have been trying to rip Fairy Tail models since the game came out and am having no luck.

Any Ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DrDemon
ultra-n00b

Post by DrDemon »

This is what the files are for the models. Not really sure how to go about it.