Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
alictzelt
beginner

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by alictzelt »

Joschka wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:45 pm Replace the byte at offset 32. Put 30 instead of 34. For g1t it's fixable too but you'll need some knowledge about the g1t format.
Anyways I don't know where you got these broken files (dumped from memory or something I guess) but I'd recommend doing a clean extraction with Cethleann if you want proper assets which are not 4 times the size of the correct ones
finally.. now its work, its take a lot time when parsing the mesh, but its ok
I got the files from fanmod, so its unofficial mod.

Actually I have another fanmod files, all files broken. Unfortunately this way not work for another files.
Can you give me an advice how to find wrong value and how to fix it, like Replace the byte at offset 32. Put 30 instead of 34.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

alictzelt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 am
finally.. now its work, its take a lot time when parsing the mesh, but its ok
I got the files from fanmod, so its unofficial mod.
Yeah it takes some time because it has many more polys. Ryza's ingame models are usually around 1Mo I think while this one is 4 times bigger.
alictzelt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 am Actually I have another fanmod files, all files broken. Unfortunately this way not work for another files.
Can you give me an advice how to find wrong value and how to fix it, like Replace the byte at offset 32. Put 30 instead of 34.

You would need some knowledge about the formats to fix the files. I can take a quick look if you upload samples but I can't give genera advice, unless the g1m is broken in a similar way
alictzelt
beginner

Post by alictzelt »

Joschka wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:07 am You would need some knowledge about the formats to fix the files. I can take a quick look if you upload samples but I can't give genera advice, unless the g1m is broken in a similar way
what about this, look like file size is normal
https://mega.nz/file/PW4jnJaT#LvFZ5MsBw ... 8GNHGR5oss
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

alictzelt wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:23 pm what about this, look like file size is normal
Some semantics have weird values, I'd need to edit the script to account for some stuff but I don't want to do that since I never saw a "real" g1m with these issues, sorry.
Thony
n00b

Post by Thony »

When I load a DOA6 model file using the script, G1M mesh loads perfectly but why won't textures show on it?

There are two windows when I open the G1M file:
1st one for texture files: I select the first g1t file, inside the folder where all g1t textures are located (kidsalb.g1t, kidsnmh.g1t, etc.)
2nd one for skeleton file: I select the G1M file.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Thony wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:45 pm When I load a DOA6 model file using the script, G1M mesh loads perfectly but why won't textures show on it?

There are two windows when I open the G1M file:
1st one for texture files: I select the first g1t file, inside the folder where all g1t textures are located (kidsalb.g1t, kidsnmh.g1t, etc.)
2nd one for skeleton file: I select the G1M file.
Yes that's because the multitexture g1t files are split in several ones in games with RDB. You need to recombine all of them in a single g1t file using the method here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679&start=45#p160417
Also you can put bLoadG1MS to False for DOA6 so you won't have to choose the same G1M everytime since in DOA6 the file has the skeleton too
Thony
n00b

Post by Thony »

Joschka wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:46 pm Yes that's because the multitexture g1t files are split in several ones in games with RDB. You need to recombine all of them in a single g1t file using the method here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679&start=45#p160417
Also you can put bLoadG1MS to False for DOA6 so you won't have to choose the same G1M everytime since in DOA6 the file has the skeleton too
It's a bit complex. For future reference, could you please make a quick guide with step-by-step pictures?
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Thony wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:54 pm
Joschka wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:46 pm Yes that's because the multitexture g1t files are split in several ones in games with RDB. You need to recombine all of them in a single g1t file using the method here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679&start=45#p160417
It's a bit complex. For future reference, could you please make a quick guide with step-by-step pictures?
What's your issue ? The post is a bit intimidating but the most important thing you need to get out of it is the following command line, this is all you need to know :

Code: Select all

Nyotengu.KTID.exe
-g Scramble
X:\path\to\doa6output\KIDSSystemResource\kidsobjdb\CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb 
X:\path\to\doa6output\MaterialEditor\g1t 
X:\path\to\doa6output\CharacterEditor\ktid\H0000_Joker.ktid 
From one character to another you'll only need to change the last line with the corresponding name. Also the game name will be different, you'll need to replace "Scramble" by "DeadOrAlive6".
Thony
n00b

Post by Thony »

Joschka wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:55 am

Nyotengu.KTID.exe
-g Scramble
X:\path\to\doa6output\KIDSSystemResource\kidsobjdb\CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb 
What are the first steps before you get to type this?
Makoto
advanced

Post by Makoto »

Replying form the model resource thread
I'm working with animations from Blue reflection (anims are g1a, models are same format as atelier, gz, elixir etc.) and in blender/noesis the animation seems fine(facials animation) but once exported the bones are very stretched, i already tried scaling model, applying rotation and scale, clearing delta, nothing seems to work, reminds me of doa6 animations before updating
Here screenshots
https://sta.sh/2wwph9dspyj noesis vs exported, it's clear to tell which one is noesis
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Thony wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Nyotengu.KTID.exe
-g Scramble
Download Cethleann from the other thread and type that stuff in a command prompt. If you have more questions about extraction and stuff ask directly on the other thread since it's not related to model viewing.
Makoto wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:03 pm Replying form the model resource thread
I'm working with animations from Blue reflection (anims are g1a, models are same format as atelier, gz, elixir etc.) and in blender/noesis the animation seems fine(facials animation) but once exported the bones are very stretched, i already tried scaling model, applying rotation and scale, clearing delta, nothing seems to work, reminds me of doa6 animations before updating
Here screenshots
https://sta.sh/2wwph9dspyj noesis vs exported, it's clear to tell which one is noesis
Got the files ? (don't upload on that deviantart stuff please, it's annoying to log in just to DL)
Thony
n00b

Post by Thony »

Joschka wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:06 pm

Nyotengu.KTID.exe
-g Scramble
Download Cethleann from the other thread and type that stuff in a command prompt. If you have more questions about extraction and stuff ask directly on the other thread since it's not related to model viewing.
It is.
If the thread title is Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...), I expect to load and to view a DOA6 model without having to type stuff in a command prompt first.
Thony
n00b

Post by Thony »

• How to extract and view a DOA6 model on Noesis with this script and with Cethleann:

On your desktop, create a new folder and name it model (or anything you like).
Open it and create 3 folders. Name them:
  • CharacterEditor
    KIDSSystemResource
    MaterialEditor
Open the CharacterEditor folder. Inside of it, create a folder and name it ktid.
Open the KIDSSystemResource folder. Inside of it, create a folder and name it kidsobjdb.
Open the MaterialEditor folder. Inside of it, create a folder and name it g1t.

Download rdbtool by vagonumero13 from this NSFW website to extract files from the game:
Launch the qrdbtool.exe, and click on Open.

Navigate to where your Dead or Alive 6 folder is located and select it
(i.e. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 6).

Load the file CharacterEditor.rdb
Extract the g1m file of the model wherever you want.
Extract the ktid file of the model into the ktid folder.
  • NYO_COS_002.g1m
    NYO_COS_002.ktid
If you get a window asking:
Do you want to store the files in a folder called CharacterEditor inside the selected folder?
Choose No.

Load the file KIDSSystemResource.rdb
Extract the file CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb into the kidsobjdb folder:
  • CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb
Do you want to store the files in a folder called KIDSSystemResource inside the selected folder?
Choose No.

Load the file MaterialEditor.rdb
Extract the g1t textures of the model into the g1t folder.
  • MPR_Muscle_Character_NYOCOS002_a01_kidsalb.g1t
    MPR_Muscle_Character_NYOCOS002_body_kidsalb.g1t
Do you want to store the files in a folder called MaterialEditor inside the selected folder?
Choose No.

Download CethleannStandalone_netcore30 here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/yretena ... /artifacts

Extract the files in a folder on your desktop. Name that folder Cethleann (or anything you like).
Open a command prompt and type:

cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Cethleann
Press Enter.
Type:

Nyotengu.KTID.exe -g deadoralive6 %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\model\KIDSSystemResource\kidsobjdb\CharacterEditor.kidssingletondb.kidsobjdb %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\model\MaterialEditor\g1t %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\model\CharacterEditor\ktid\NYO_COS_002.ktid
Nyotengu.KTID.exe
-g deadoralive6

If everything went well, a new G1T file got created inside the ktid folder.
  • NYO_COS_002.g1t
You can now load the g1m file with it and view the model with textures on Noesis.

Voilà!
Makoto
advanced

Post by Makoto »

Nyotengu.KTID.exe
-g Scramble
Here screenshots
Got the files ? (don't upload on that deviantart stuff please, it's annoying to log in just to DL)
yeah, i know, i used it only to let you see example of pictures since it was fast, didn't know u had to log in even to just view them
load the "default" and then for skel load the file with same name without _default
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wfvu6cqz ... e.zip/file
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Thony wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:50 pm

It is.
If the thread title is Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...), I expect to load and to view a DOA6 model without having to type stuff in a command prompt first.
I mean yeah but there's a process of extraction and packing first to prepare the resources, all of that needs to be done with Cethleann. My script is built to read the final files.
But anyways you figured it out, keep in mind you can use Cethleann directly to extract the game and have the necessary folders directly extracted instead of vago's tools but that works too.
Makoto wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:01 am

Here screenshots
yeah, i know, i used it only to let you see example of pictures since it was fast, didn't know u had to log in even to just view them
load the "default" and then for skel load the file with same name without _default
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wfvu6cqz ... e.zip/file
Yeah I wasn't referring to the pictures you posted, I just had another user upload some models using that stuff and had to log in with my never used DA profile just to get them so that was annoying.

Anyways, I misunderstood your issue : the anims look fine in Noesis and Blender right ? I guess the problem comes from the Blender exporter when you export it again then ? If so I can't really help, better ask on a Blender forum, unless I missed something.