Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Kanbara
advanced

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Kanbara »

Thanks for this extremely awesome tool!!! :)
But how can i extract the animation properly?
I've a game named Warriors Orochi 4(PC)and there is a Linkdata.bin file(12GB).
I drag this big file onto the "Cethleann.Unbundler.exe" then nothing happened and it closed.
I must have done something wrong but i have no idea on it.

I successfully got those .G2A files by using Steven's Gas Machine. It decompressed the whole bin files and decrepted these files it extracted one by one. I am not sure whether i can do it more efficently like extracting the animation .G2A files only by using this tools.
Thanks in advance!
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

TableCloth wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:24 am Real new to this type of stuff, but trying my best to understand.
It keeps saying game-dirs need a value, but I'm pretty sure I've done everything right?
Cethleann.DataExporter --rdb --game OnePiece4 "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\export" "D:\Games\One Piece Pirate Warriors 4\File\CMN\AssetRelease\Retail"
this is what I ran
Cannot reproduce, please verify you're using the latest version.
TableCloth
ultra-n00b

Post by TableCloth »

Might be because cause It's a cracked game, no idea at this point.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Kanbara wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:26 am Thanks for this extremely awesome tool!!! :)
But how can i extract the animation properly?
I've a game named Warriors Orochi 4(PC)and there is a Linkdata.bin file(12GB).
I drag this big file onto the "Cethleann.Unbundler.exe" then nothing happened and it closed.
I must have done something wrong but i have no idea on it.

I successfully got those .G2A files by using Steven's Gas Machine. It decompressed the whole bin files and decrepted these files it extracted one by one. I am not sure whether i can do it more efficently like extracting the animation .G2A files only by using this tools.
Thanks in advance!
You should use the Cethleann.DataExporter with the --linkarchive option (double check the previous posts to make sure)
TableCloth wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:24 am Real new to this type of stuff, but trying my best to understand.
It keeps saying game-dirs need a value, but I'm pretty sure I've done everything right?
Cethleann.DataExporter --rdb --game OnePiece4 "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\export" "D:\Games\One Piece Pirate Warriors 4\File\CMN\AssetRelease\Retail"
this is what I ran
Try to put all of your stuff on the same Disk (the tools, the destination directory and the game directory all on C: or D:) and try again. If you put all on D and want to use the command line on that disk simply type "D:" first in the cmd
Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto »

I lost track of this thread. I'm trying to extract from One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 for PC, which uses 'LINKDATA_EU_OS_EUNA.A' and so on for Archive files. I've been trying to specify it to extract these files into a specific folder but any time I try the usual methods with DataExporter all it does is inform me of the program name and version, and nothing else. Am I messing up the command line? Currently I'm trying...
D:\Downloads\CethleannStandalone_netcore30\Cethleann.DataExporter.exe --flayn "D:\Downloads\OPPW3" "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\OPPW3\LINKDATA_DX9"
And the result is always just
[2020-05-03T16:03:04][Cethleann] Cethleann.DataExporter v1.0.46.0

It doesn't seem to recognize any of them.
JosouKitsune
advanced

Post by JosouKitsune »

Doctor Loboto wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:17 pm I lost track of this thread. I'm trying to extract from One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 for PC, which uses 'LINKDATA_EU_OS_EUNA.A' and so on for Archive files. I've been trying to specify it to extract these files into a specific folder but any time I try the usual methods with DataExporter all it does is inform me of the program name and version, and nothing else. Am I messing up the command line? Currently I'm trying...
D:\Downloads\CethleannStandalone_netcore30\Cethleann.DataExporter.exe --flayn "D:\Downloads\OPPW3" "D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\OPPW3\LINKDATA_DX9"
And the result is always just
[2020-05-03T16:03:04][Cethleann] Cethleann.DataExporter v1.0.46.0

It doesn't seem to recognize any of them.
This tool only works with the dlc bin files, to extract the linkdata you need to use Steven gas machine
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

hi, I have a question.
Does Cethleann support Dynasty Warrior 9?
I previously extracted them on Gas machine.
This time, my friend bought DW9, so he tried to extract LINKDATA(multiple) with Cethleann, but it didn't work.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

einherjar007 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:12 pmDoes Cethleann support Dynasty Warrior 9?
I think DW8/9/Nioh still can not be extracted in a proper way, some compression issues if I remember correctly.
LillianGoulston
ultra-n00b

Post by LillianGoulston »

I'm trying to repack an RDB file from Persona 5 Scramble (Switch) so I can localize some of the .g1t UI elements. Unpacking has been easy, but repacking is something I haven't been able to figure out. Is there a way to do this with Cethleann (or any other tool)? The file path is:

Code: Select all

/ROMFS/data/motor_rsc/ScreenLayout.rdb
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

LillianGoulston wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:35 pm I'm trying to repack an RDB file from Persona 5 Scramble (Switch) so I can localize some of the .g1t UI elements. Unpacking has been easy, but repacking is something I haven't been able to figure out. Is there a way to do this with Cethleann (or any other tool)? The file path is:

Code: Select all

/ROMFS/data/motor_rsc/ScreenLayout.rdb
Not yet.
KingJuls
advanced

Post by KingJuls »

mono24 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:48 pm
einherjar007 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:12 pmDoes Cethleann support Dynasty Warrior 9?
I think DW8/9/Nioh still can not be extracted in a proper way, some compression issues if I remember correctly.
Is this right? @Yretenai
Allanoon
veteran

Post by Allanoon »

Can't talk 'bout DW8/9 as i didn't extract them. As for Nioh, you'll be missing the characters from the PC version as those files where xored and Yretenai wasn't sure to spend more time looking for the key. But you can look for Nioh PS4 fake pkg and get the files from that version, i remember the extractor working properly~
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

KingJuls wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:37 am
Is this right? @Yretenai
yes, DW8/9 is indev, Nioh support is abandoned due to me not having a clue.
Seyren
advanced

Post by Seyren »

I wanted to ask a bit of a question regarding packing back resources again, specifically NT.

Currently, thanks to your tool, i am able to unpack resources by decrypting them and so on, but i wonder, how hard would it be to pack them back?

I know this not something that you have around now, and maybe not anytime soon, but is packing something you are currently working on? I was curious to know if repacking resources is far or close in your priority list.

If that isn't the case, which is fine, i was wondering if it's something i could do myself based off your source? I have experience in importing and exporting 3D models in other games, which is basically following the same structure, writing a binary reader to the 3d edtor and then you use the same structure with a binary writer and bam, you slam it into the resources, that's not an issue when it comes to 3D files, but when decrypting and encrypting, is it the same logic?

Encryption is not my field of knowledge, so i am not aware how hard this is, but if it's as easy as doing the reverse process as you did for unpacking the NT resources following your source (aka you followed a strucutre for reading so writing it back should give us the same file), i could look into doing that myself, but if it requires more things that are exclusive to encryption then i'll probably get lost, but i could still try.

I am asking this basically because, i want to expand the game's lifespan by modding the game, skins being the first objective, since skin mods always bring people together, and maybe other resources in the game.

It's one of my favorite games and i'd like to do whatever i can to make it more accesible with lower poly models and so on to make more people play, for example.
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Seyren wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:31 am I wanted to ask a bit of a question regarding packing back resources again, specifically NT.

Currently, thanks to your tool, i am able to unpack resources by decrypting them and so on, but i wonder, how hard would it be to pack them back?

I know this not something that you have around now, and maybe not anytime soon, but is packing something you are currently working on? I was curious to know if repacking resources is far or close in your priority list.

If that isn't the case, which is fine, i was wondering if it's something i could do myself based off your source? I have experience in importing and exporting 3D models in other games, which is basically following the same structure, writing a binary reader to the 3d edtor and then you use the same structure with a binary writer and bam, you slam it into the resources, that's not an issue when it comes to 3D files, but when decrypting and encrypting, is it the same logic?

Encryption is not my field of knowledge, so i am not aware how hard this is, but if it's as easy as doing the reverse process as you did for unpacking the NT resources following your source (aka you followed a strucutre for reading so writing it back should give us the same file), i could look into doing that myself, but if it requires more things that are exclusive to encryption then i'll probably get lost, but i could still try.

I am asking this basically because, i want to expand the game's lifespan by modding the game, skins being the first objective, since skin mods always bring people together, and maybe other resources in the game.

It's one of my favorite games and i'd like to do whatever i can to make it more accesible with lower poly models and so on to make more people play, for example.
DFFNT's storage and encryption is not the issue, but it's the underlying engine systems.
A lot of the """dynamic""" data is defined in ECB files which change structure frequently (also from file to file)
Graphical formats cannot be exported as of right now either.

But yes, it should be relatively easy to repack game assets. All I have to do is determine how they calculate the checksum.