Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Noesis g1m/g1t/g1a importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Eag1e
beginner

Re: Noesis g1m/g1t importer with animations (FETH, Dissidia, DOA6, FEW, HW...)

Post by Eag1e »

Joschka wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:00 pm
Eag1e wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:18 pm
You're doing the right steps but from what I see you have an old version of the script, make sure to grab the latest one on the github repository and it should work as expected.
Ah yes it works now, thank you!

Sorry for spamming these questions, but I've got one more thing, when trying to load .oid files to give PW4 models bone names, i get this error, loading them without oid works fine though, it's just that I need to rename the bones which takes some time

Here's the files https://mega.nz/file/kQVGAIQB#_ZnYR0ZBg ... ecXZt9NIQY
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Eag1e wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 pm

Sorry for spamming these questions, but I've got one more thing, when trying to load .oid files to give PW4 models bone names, i get this error, loading them without oid works fine though, it's just that I need to rename the bones which takes some time
Yretenai took a look at it, unfortunately it seems they don't leave bone names anywhere anymore. There are now hashes only in the oid files and the original names won't be retrievable.
She pushed an update to handle these files so it won't crash anymore but you'll have the hashes, not the original bone names.
Eag1e
beginner

Post by Eag1e »

Joschka wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:30 pm
Eag1e wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:26 pm

Yretenai took a look at it, unfortunately it seems they don't leave bone names anywhere anymore. There are now hashes only in the oid files and the original names won't be retrievable.
She pushed an update to handle these files so it won't crash anymore but you'll have the hashes, not the original bone names.
Alright, thanks for all the help!
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

Really thanks for your awesome work!
But I've got a weird .g1m file that cannot be loaded in Noesis and extracted by the other tools.
When I open it in Noesis, Noesis keeps showing me this error:

Here's the samples extracted from Warriors Orochi 4(The other models work fine with this script):
https://mega.nz/file/ykV03KCT#p4LRuv7au ... iKHibURTsg
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Kanbara wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:44 am Really thanks for your awesome work!
But I've got a weird .g1m file that cannot be loaded in Noesis and extracted by the other tools.
When I open it in Noesis, Noesis keeps showing me this error:

Here's the samples extracted from Warriors Orochi 4(The other models work fine with this script):
https://mega.nz/file/ykV03KCT#p4LRuv7au ... iKHibURTsg
Np, glad you like the tool.
I'll take a look at your file tomorrow, never saw that error before, that's weird.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

That was a really weird file, some specs had a negative vertex count and weird fields... I pushed a fix for that, never saw that before.
Kanbara
advanced

Post by Kanbara »

Joschka wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:22 pm That was a really weird file, some specs had a negative vertex count and weird fields... I pushed a fix for that, never saw that before.
Yes. There are some files also showing this error as well.
I used deamon1's tools to try to decompress this .g1m file into several .ascii files and it doesn't work either :constipated:
Koei tecmo!What have you done on these files? :constipated:
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

Kanbara wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:17 am
Joschka wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:22 pm That was a really weird file, some specs had a negative vertex count and weird fields... I pushed a fix for that, never saw that before.
Yes. There are some files also showing this error as well.
I used deamon1's tools to try to decompress this .g1m file into several .ascii files and it doesn't work either :constipated:
Koei tecmo!What have you done on these files? :constipated:
It still doesn't work with the latest version ? I updated the script
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Negative counts would indicate it's either a shorter width (16-bit rather than 32-bit) or unsigned
ChikoLad
ultra-n00b

Post by ChikoLad »

I'm trying to use this tool to get assets from Dissidia Opera Omnia (the mobile game spin-off of Dissidia NT), but I keep getting this error when I try to load the textures of most of the models (only exception is Laguna's textures for some reason).

I can load the models fine but I get this error whenever I try to load textures on any model besides Laguna.
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

ChikoLad wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:10 am I'm trying to use this tool to get assets from Dissidia Opera Omnia (the mobile game spin-off of Dissidia NT), but I keep getting this error when I try to load the textures of most of the models (only exception is Laguna's textures for some reason).
You probably need to update Noesis
ChikoLad
ultra-n00b

Post by ChikoLad »

Joschka wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:22 pm
ChikoLad wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:10 am I'm trying to use this tool to get assets from Dissidia Opera Omnia (the mobile game spin-off of Dissidia NT), but I keep getting this error when I try to load the textures of most of the models (only exception is Laguna's textures for some reason).
Thank you, that fixed things for me!

So I successfully made a DFFOO vertex and texture edit with the assets I extracted and am interested in saving it back into the G1M and G1T formats and then repackaging them back into the .dz archives the game uses. Are there any established tools for converting back to G1M and G1T used for other Koei Tecmo games?
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

can .t open the model https://sta.sh/018ds7lvs9n0
Joschka
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Joschka »

ChikoLad wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:26 am
Joschka wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:22 pm
Thank you, that fixed things for me!

So I successfully made a DFFOO vertex and texture edit with the assets I extracted and am interested in saving it back into the G1M and G1T formats and then repackaging them back into the .dz archives the game uses. Are there any established tools for converting back to G1M and G1T used for other Koei Tecmo games?
This is not trivial for g1m considering how annoying this format is... For textures there are a few g1t repackers out there I think but they probably won't work for you since I doubt they support the ETC1 format used on mobile. So yeah I don't think there are tools suitable for what you want to do unfortunately
blacknight411 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm can .t open the model https://sta.sh/018ds7lvs9n0
It works for me, just reread the instructions and what I told you in the previous messages.
blacknight411
veteran

Post by blacknight411 »

Ok is this the SCRIPT UPDATED TO VERSION 1.2.0 https://github.com/Joschuka/fmt_g1m