Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: The Last of Us Model Viewer/Extractor (PS4)

Post by akderebur »

ebross67 wrote:Will this tool work on the PS3 .pak files of The Last of Us?
Nope. Use daemon's tool for the ps3 version : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16499
cursore
n00b

Post by cursore »

Is it possible to load maps with all the meshes in the right place and not scattered around like that?

akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

cursore wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:30 pm Is it possible to load maps with all the meshes in the right place and not scattered around like that?
Yes, it is possible actually. I was working on a map tool, but never had the chance to release it. Maybe I can post it in the upcoming days.
cursore
n00b

Post by cursore »

akderebur wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:46 pm
cursore wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:30 pm Is it possible to load maps with all the meshes in the right place and not scattered around like that?
Yes, it is possible actually. I was working on a map tool, but never had the chance to release it. Maybe I can post it in the upcoming days.
That's awesome news! I know a lot of people who'd be glad to extract some levels from this game.
no00ob
ultra-n00b

Post by no00ob »

akderebur wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:46 pm
Please do! I'd absolutely love that as I've been in need to extract these maps for few weeks now but its a pain with the meshes scattered around like this.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

I will release the map tool soon after writing the exporter. There will be automatic material mapping, but won't be shown in the preview because of high memory usage. I will also update the texture exporter for bulk exporting. Again thanks to daemon1 for his help with this format.

Single interior

Whole map folder loaded

no00ob
ultra-n00b

Post by no00ob »

akderebur wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:43 pm I will release the map tool soon after writing the exporter. There will be automatic material mapping, but won't be shown in the preview because of high memory usage. I will also update the texture exporter for bulk exporting. Again thanks to daemon1 for his help with this format.

Single interior

Whole map folder loaded

Whaat! Auto material mapping as well this is amazing!
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

akderebur wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:43 pm I will release the map tool soon after writing the exporter. There will be automatic material mapping, but won't be shown in the preview because of high memory usage. I will also update the texture exporter for bulk exporting. Again thanks to daemon1 for his help with this format.

Single interior

]

Whole map folder loaded

wow! thank you very much!
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

Did some fixes and coded the exporter. I will probably release the tool tomorrow after making a basic UI. Also it seems like Blender is the best option for loading the exported OBJ files. It gets all the texture references, unlike other software I have tried.

Preview video of Joel's house loaded in Blender. It lags a bit because whole map is loaded and I suck at Blender :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8o3KxHizbY
cursore
n00b

Post by cursore »

Awesome :o Can't wait
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

RELEASE : Map Tool

Overview

Part of map loaded in Blender

Usage
- Load PAK : Loads a single pak file
- Load Folder : Loads all the pak files inside the selected folder
Note : Materials won't be shown in preview

- Export OBJs : Exports all the meshes in OBJ format with their respective mtl files for material mapping. Each pak will have a separate obj export.

Upon trying various importers I find Blender the best for importing OBJ. Still you are free to use whatever you want, most softwares should support OBJ.

Material mapping / Textures

Textures need to be in the same folder as OBJ files. By default models reference PNG files. You can edit mtl files to change them to DDS if you really need that. In any case make sure to use the updated tool for extracting textures : viewtopic.php?p=161585#p161585

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/4brogfya ... r.rar/file
cursore
n00b

Post by cursore »

Exceptionally fast too. Clear and user friendly.

Thank you so much for this.
no00ob
ultra-n00b

Post by no00ob »

Thank you so much for this tool!
cursore
n00b

Post by cursore »

akderebur wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:29 pm Did some fixes and coded the exporter. I will probably release the tool tomorrow after making a basic UI. Also it seems like Blender is the best option for loading the exported OBJ files. It gets all the texture references, unlike other software I have tried.

Preview video of Joel's house loaded in Blender. It lags a bit because whole map is loaded and I suck at Blender :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8o3KxHizbY
Hi akderebur, is there a way to view what textures the single mesh parts are using when visualizing character models?

Some of the npcs models are all-in-one and there's dozens of mesh parts and the model name doesn't always have a correlation with texture names.

Thanks in advance.
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by akderebur »

cursore wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:24 pm is there a way to view what textures the single mesh parts are using when visualizing character models?
You mean the TLOUExporter tool, right? I have plans to make auto texturing for it too, but I will also rewrite most of the code in the process. Will probably do it some time in upcoming days.