Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
ChaoticFusion40

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Post by ChaoticFusion40 »

daemon1 wrote:Xenoblade Chronicles 2 tool version 3

Usage: drop any character file on the tool and it will load model, skeleton and export it all into ASCII
Notes:
- ASCII format will have extended info for correct bone rotations. Noesis plugin that reads them is included
- It still fails on a few models which have textures inside of main chunk

Face morph export. Will need 2nd parameter. If no parameter specified, will export only base morph (like it was before).
Examples:

xenoblade2 model 0,2

This will export face expressions with 0,2 shift, like this:

xenoblade2 model 0 - will export them all in one place
If Daemon1 Does Not Update His Tool And Add More Models And Main Texture Chunk Support, I Suggest You Guys Use The 3DS Max Tool For XCX/2. I Am Sure That His Tool Is Broken, it Is Filled With Errors And When Exported, It Loses The UV 2's and 3's Over Again.
ChaoticFusion40

Post by ChaoticFusion40 »

mods, close the thread please.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

It works as it needs to for what he initially wanted to do, he doesn't need to update it to fit your needs, he will update it when he wants to (and only if he wants to)
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

Sounds more like user error than the tool being broken. Besides if you prefer the 3ds max tool that's fine, use it. Why make a fuss about this one not working then.
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

ChaoticFusion40 wrote:mods, close the thread please.
Though I understand you are having difficulties using this tool. I would suggest you clearly state what issues you are having rather than demanding the thread to be closed. Please do not tell mods what to do.

Cheers.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
pox911
beginner

Post by pox911 »

When it comes to the map files, there is some extra, or missing info, that is similar to the normal models. I lack the knowledge to take it further but i do know that wismda has a lot of the xbc1 chunks that the wismt but lacks the same header as it. The wismhd file has several embeded files that are basically just wimdo files as well. If map extraction could be a thing in the future, i would love to make a live wallpaper out of it for wallpaper engine.
sfc123
n00b

Post by sfc123 »

well done!